2016-17 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

A little bit ho-hum. Stone rode the coat tails of OEL last season for some impressive offensive numbers but since pairing up with Goligoski he's been stinking it up.

I suppose if it gets Wideman out of the line-up it is a good move for Calgary. I would have tried for someone better.

Solid -7 Corsi through two periods on debut as full blown aids Elliot puts in another stellar performance.

Fair save from Price at the end of OT.
Preds have scored 4 in 10 minutes to take the lead including a Forsberg hat trick

Great night from the Panik, Toews, & Schmaltz line. Toews now has 20 points in his last 12 games. Seems to be playing with a lot more freedom in his movement.

I've seen him do that a few times, my point was he needs to do it more often. Saw him do it on a power play as well. All the talent, but lacks consistency.

He's doing it more and more often now and has added a great defensive side to his game which has been great to see.

Why isn't the Outdoor game between the Mighty Pittsburgh Penguins vs the Flyers on Fox Sports Sunday morning. Cmon Fox show more NHL.

Ron Hainsey, 891 games and nearly 36 years old, looks likely to be playing his first NHL playoff game soon.
Traded to the Penguins.

The Whalers now have six picks in the first two rounds of this upcoming draft.

Solid addition for the pens.

Pittsburgh and Washington getting in early with trades to add defenseman, (although washingtons addition is more a depth add/ injury call up pick with Tom Gilbert)

Injuries happen in the playoffs and you need blue line depth to win.

Looking forward to another likley Washington vs Pittsburgh playoff chapter in early May.

Solid addition for the pens.

Pittsburgh and Washington getting in early with trades to add defenseman, (although washingtons addition is more a depth add/ injury call up pick with Tom Gilbert)

Injuries happen in the playoffs and you need blue line depth to win.

Looking forward to another likley Washington vs Pittsburgh playoff chapter in early May.
Nightmare scenario for us. The Pens bat too deep and have us spooked. Rangers and Pens are the two sides I hope we can avoid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid -7 Corsi through two periods on debut as full blown aids Elliot puts in another stellar performance.

Stone backed it up with another -7 today (no other d-man was worse than -2). Monahan the youngest Flame to 100 goals.

Stone backed it up with another -7 today

Eventful few months for pool old Mr Stone.
Knee surgery to repair his MCL and ACL in April (six month recovery).
Twins in September
Loses OEL as his defensive partner.
Traded to his wife's hometown and the city he played junior hockey in for four seasons.

He'll be hoping he gets more ice-time with Brodie rather than Bartkowski.

Stars trade eaves to the ducks for a conditional pick

If the ducks make the wcf its a 1st round pick in 2017

If the ducks fall short its one of their 2nd round picks in 2017

Fine with that..at worst a mid 2nd round pick...at best a late 1st. Good deal for us

Stars trade eaves to the ducks for a conditional pick

If the ducks make the wcf its a 1st round pick in 2017

If the ducks fall short its one of their 2nd round picks in 2017

Fine with that..at worst a mid 2nd round pick...at best a late 1st. Good deal for us
Win/win for all parties IMO

Well played, Mr Nill.

7/2016: Patrick Eaves had 99 goals in 545 NHL games, been waived twice, gets cheap 1-year deal.

2/2017: Traded for possibly a 1st round pick

He's 40th in the league and 23rd amongst forwards for powerplay minutes per game at 3:11 (172 minutes).

11 of 21 goals on the powerplay.

Well played, Mr Nill.

7/2016: Patrick Eaves had 99 goals in 545 NHL games, been waived twice, gets cheap 1-year deal.

2/2017: Traded for possibly a 1st round pick

He's 40th in the league and 23rd amongst forwards for powerplay minutes per game at 3:11 (172 minutes).

11 of 21 goals on the powerplay.
With Seguin and Benn... Getzlaf is there but I doubt he plays on a line with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back