Prediction 2017 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently that number includes 1800 people who are just members of our aflw team and for mine we shouldn't include them together with the afl memberships
Really? Heard that they hadnt included it in our tally.

Anyway to get confirmation?

Edit. Just reread the email. It does seem thay way.

Hopefully not the case though

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

But what % of AFLW were already members with us? Are they double dipping on the members of both? Hope not.

Still very positive signs. I have signed up 5 friends. We only have to sign up 1 person each and we'll be breaking 30k and filling Spotless!

Early success this season is vital for this figure to keep on moving up. If Swans start poorly that will give plenty more media our way.

Ps - Membership dept are phenomenal. Hands down best service you will get. Nothing they can't do and always helpful. Was a member at the Swans for 16 years amd they dont even come close to our service.

Why?

They're members of the club.

ie: club members.

They break down the three gamers, the ACT, the no game access members. Why not the women's team as well? Love to know the netball figures too.
For me it comes down to counting my AFL and AFLW twice. A second consideration is that those AFL clubs without an AFLW side don't get the benefit - I do accept that this is not a competition over who has the better numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it comes down to counting my AFL and AFLW twice. A second consideration is that those AFL clubs without an AFLW side don't get the benefit - I do accept that this is not a competition over who has the better numbers.

No but they get the benefits of having existed for a hundred years, in footy heartland.

They are club members. I assume I'm not counted twice because the number added and picked out is AFLW only members. But they're still club members (albeit in a particular category)

Why?

They're members of the club.

ie: club members.

They break down the three gamers, the ACT, the no game access members. Why not the women's team as well? Love to know the netball figures too.
I am happy for them to count them in the total IF they detail them separately.
Otherwise we have a whole new uneven playing field and I am done with that s**t.

I am a member of both, does this mean they count me twice? if not where do they count me? etc etc

I join the chorus of disappointment the AFLW members are included in the total. Given it's the first year it invalidates comparisons unless you subract them first.
I get the club trying to present itself in the best light, and I'm not about to microwave my membershio over it.

I've really made it... having my tweets posted on bigfooty. (Rest of my post not directly in response to your post)

To those upset about the membership numbers Alison Zell has said the AFL has strict guidelines on what can and cannot be included in the membership figures. The aflw memberships would therefore be included in the membership figures for all other clubs with AFLW teams.

Even if you take out the 1800 AFLW memberships we are still miles ahead of last year (approx 60% up).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When asked the number of Canberra members

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Posted this on another thread...I think its good the % of Canberra members in the total is going down. Currently its a little over 20%, down from about a third in the early days. Hopefully more locals are getting on board.

Anyone have Canberra totals from past years? Is the number going up, but more slowly than the total figure (& therefore % is decreasing)? I would have thought that as GWS got stronger the Canberra AFL crowd would have increased as much or more than western Sydney - after all, it's only a 3-game membership for Canberra.

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster!

I live on the Gold Coast - but a supporter of the Giants (have been since inception).

I'm considering buying a membership this year so I can not only support the club but have opportunity to access tickets for finals.

What's the best option as I don't have the opportunity to go to all of the home and away games as I'd wish to.

By the way, I do go to Spotless a couple of times randomly throughout the year, Melbourne sometimes and every time they play in QLD so I am a serious supporter but never had a membership before.

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster!

I live on the Gold Coast - but a supporter of the Giants (have been since inception).

I'm considering buying a membership this year so I can not only support the club but have opportunity to access tickets for finals.

What's the best option as I don't have the opportunity to go to all of the home and away games as I'd wish to.

By the way, I do go to Spotless a couple of times randomly throughout the year, Melbourne sometimes and every time they play in QLD so I am a serious supporter but never had a membership before.
Great to hear from another Giants supporter on BF, especially from interstate. :thumbsu: Welcome.

In regards memberships, you could probably look at the 3 games membership. It's only seating in the GA section, but the cheer squad is down there and generally a good vibe. That gives you the flexibility to choose games that fit when you can make it. The 3 game Sydney Derby membership would be a similar option, but fixes one of the dates for the Spotless game against Swans. Both only put you in the lowest category for the GF lottery though.

To get into a higher GF lottery category you'd have to get a higher membership that takes in all 8 games at Spotless, but if you can't make all games and are limited by affordability then it might be too much. The other option would be a Canberra Platinum or Gold membership - slightly further to travel than Sydney and I think get you up to category 2 in the GF lottery from memory, but as it's only 3 games it's more affordable than Sydney games.

Hope that helps, a few other posters might have some other sage advice too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back