Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

The absolute worst is when some youtube vlogger goes through a break-up and girls from your friends list make it their mission to support this girl and direct abusive comments at the poor bloke. Apparently he no longer had feelings for her and so ended it and she then made a self-pitying status about it. "Luv u babe xxxx" "always here for u" "he's a campaigner, f*ck him" "you can do so much better".

You'll have more stories in News Feed if you add more friends.

Dafuq is this s**t? anyone else ever get this? There are clearly more than enough stories to read. Must be their shitty algorithm.

Got this tonight after scrolling through no more than 10 posts. Changed the post order from top stories to most recent and all was normal again

I have probably comment tagged a friend in one post in the last 3 months, yet I received a 12hr block from using that feature this week because Facebook determined I was abusing it. Meanwhile, I have a friend who is popping up in my newsfeed at least a dozen times a day comment tagging her boyfriend in shitty memes.

Said couple behave on social media as though they are the local Kardashians.

Got this tonight after scrolling through no more than 10 posts. Changed the post order from top stories to most recent and all was normal again
Turns out this happens to lots of people every now and then. 1st world problem. Not only that, it actually means I probably miss out on s**t posts anyway. So I call that a win.

I swear some women only have babies to post about it on fb. One of my friends from high school had a baby recently and was posting about it less than an hour after it was born! When we had our first it took pretty much a whole day to message or call all the people we wanted to before we'd even think of putting it up on fb.

I remember sending pictures straight away to family and friends. Not Facebook though. I was excited and wanted to share the news. My wife had better things to take care of though.

Like the three course dinner she was preparing for you?

Well played sir :thumbsu:

https://www.gofundme.com/spiritual-journey-and

Im not sure what is worse, the girl asking for money for her "spiritual journey" or the guys giving donations thinking they are a chance of getting a root.

heres a for a tip Bec. Howz about you get a ####ing job, earn and save some money and pay for your adventure your self you idiot.

Sitting around lighting candles waiting for people to give you money ain't good for the spiritual self I would think.

Ffs.

Im not sure what is worse, the girl asking for money for her "spiritual journey" or the guys giving donations thinking they are a chance of getting a root.

My name is Bec G. and I'm raising money to support myself on my travels and spiritual journey around the world. As I travel, I want to help people realize their own dreams and show them that anyone can follow their passions and make the life they want a reality.

I am a spiritual teacher, life coach, reiki and crystal healer, artist, YouTuber, traveler and writer. I love sharing these gifts with people and often want to just give them freely to anyone who can benefit from them. I believe we should all have the opportunity to have the things we need at our finger tips, whether or not we have the money for them. So, I want to be able to give freely, without worry, to people who have less or just need a helping hand for the moment.

My dream is to be able to travel the world, helping people see the beautiful potential within themselves and to help them along the way, any way I can. I want to empower people to follow their dreams, learn self love, create their own reality and express true soul expression!

I have many outlets from which I like to share what I have learned and experienced through my own journey and travels, so that I might help and inspire other people to do the same; These are readily available to all people through YouTube (Soul Journey), Instagram (We_Create_Our_World), Periscope (SoulJourney333), etc. for free!

I have set up this go fund me so that anyone who feels I have helped them in any way or would like to be apart of what I am doing and would like to help me fund my travels back to Australia (where I would eventually like to create my home base.) and around the world, they can do so. :)

This money will be used to sustain me while traveling, writing my book (about my personal journey), creating an oracle deck (something that has brought great clarity to me on my journey), putting out videos on my YouTube channel, creating my art and giving back to the communities wherever I go. I really want to get to know all people, from all walks of life and really understand them and give them hope and a helping hand if and wherever I can. I want to also document their stories on my YouTube channel, so they can have a voice and more people can understand all different kinds of soul perspectives. I want to show people, around the world, that we aren't really all that different and that we are one people, not separate. But also show the amazing color and uniqueness as well! This series is call "Soul Journey Interviews" and I have already started this project, you can check it out on my YouTube channel "Soul Journey".

Eventually, I would like to help bring communities together to help one another and to bring more unity to the planet through love, abundance, connection, art, and expression of all of our unique souls!

I'm not exactly sure if you can call this a business plan, but I know my passion is connection and helping people see the beauty within themselves and to really give hope to people. I see the true beauty within everyone I walk pass and I want to reach out and show them what I see. I want this to be my job!

I, myself, am currently low on funds and working to get on my own feet. But I have always been so blessed by other people with kind hearts, who have helped me get by when I was really low and I am so thankful! Those same people have been my biggest supporters for following my dreams and I want to do the same for others. When I publish my book and other projects, I hope to increase what I give out ten fold. But it's all a process and we all have to start somewhere, so I'm starting here. Giving what I can and growing in the process.

Whether you donate or not, thank you for taking the time to read about what I'm doing and please share the love in whatever way you can! If you do donate, a million times thank you for helping me realize my personal dreams and helping me to create many platforms in which to build up our fellow human beings and all beings on the planet.

Many blessings to you all and peace to you on your journey!

Bec

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one epic big gigantic wanky fest alright.

The poor deluded soul.

Money will be used to 'sustain' her.

How nice.

Go fund me pages are out of control.

" I've got the amazing opportunity to represent my country in the world championships of frisbee and I need 15k to fund my journey. Spare a 100 bucks?"

I swear some women only have babies to post about it on fb. One of my friends from high school had a baby recently and was posting about it less than an hour after it was born! When we had our first it took pretty much a whole day to message or call all the people we wanted to before we'd even think of putting it up on fb.

A friend of a friend had one yesterday. Thanks to my friend liking all her posts, I got to see all of the following in about a 24 hour span.

"Waters broke!"
"At hospital."
"False alarm!"
"At hospital again. Really happening now."
*Photos of mum and baby about 1 hour after it was born.*

Thanks to a mutual friend I had intimate knowledge of that woman's uterus.

Oh shes a life coach. She looks like shes about 21, what could she possibly teach people about life?

That brings me to something I've noticed with FB and social media, but there has been a massive rise in 'life coaching' as a 'profession' and nearly ALL of them are quite young, I'm talking 21-25.

Who the fek pays some 21 year old to teach them about life? Who the fek pays ANYONE to teach them about life?

Fair point. It's stupid, but those easy likes get addictive. When I was single, I'd max out at 20-30 odd likes for a post, but I know if I put up a photo of my two-month old right now, it would probably crack the ton. I try to rein myself in to a couple a month, tops. The funniest are people that whinged about the Facebook baby spam, until they become parents themselves, then they're as bad as anyone.

I have one friend whose wife pretty much doesn't post anything of their children, explaining it as a conscious decision to not exploit her kids before they are old enough to decide whether they want photos on Facebook. Noble sentiments and I'm a bit surprised more don't go down the same path. Although it is useful prior to a catch-up to be able to do the obligatory research of all the children's names.

Also, is it just me, or are people much more generous with likes these days? Guaranteed, when I look at my memories from 5 years ago, the exact same post today would probably get four times the likes.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back