Sport NBA Thread...BOOMSHAKALAKA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a question dg, how do you get so involved in college basketball. I find it hard to follow a sport where I don't get to see much of it. I became interested in the NBA when Ch10 were showing a few games and a highlights show in the 90s but I never followed NHL, NFL or the MLB because they never received any coverage here.

I work evenings, and when my wife and I split about 4 years ago I got Foxtel on ... basically, I avoid contact with people as much as possible, apart from work, and stay in and watch a lot of ESPN ... my sons were right into the NBA but not so much now they're older ... I still don't feel I get to see enough college ball, but it's great to see how the college stars go when they're drafted ... a coupla my faves from recent seasons, Evan Turner (76ers) and Wesley Johnson (Timberwolves) are really starting to emerge now, and I saw a lot of John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins at Kentucky two years ago ... and of course Blake Griffin.

Tebow move over, there is a new american sports cult figure in town.

new-york-knicks-and-linsanity-really-yes-real-L-LXDJqA.jpeg

Linsanity has taken over. Any time he does anything my facebook homepage is swamped.

Saw him play the Lakers against which he scored 38. He's very impressive. Not particularly quick, strong or big but he runs the pick and roll perfectly and gets into the paint all the time. He is Steve Nash jr really.

Can't wait to see how the Knicks go with Melo back in the side.

I work evenings, and when my wife and I split about 4 years ago I got Foxtel on ... basically, I avoid contact with people as much as possible, apart from work, and stay in and watch a lot of ESPN ... my sons were right into the NBA but not so much now they're older ... I still don't feel I get to see enough college ball, but it's great to see how the college stars go when they're drafted ... a coupla my faves from recent seasons, Evan Turner (76ers) and Wesley Johnson (Timberwolves) are really starting to emerge now, and I saw a lot of John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins at Kentucky two years ago ... and of course Blake Griffin.

Damn I wish collins would give him more minutes!

Do they get Shawn Kemp back?

On a Lakers note, was much more impressed with the team today.

Lakers will be lucky to make top 4 in the west, particularly after they trade Pau Gasol in the next few weeks. There's something wrong within the ranks, Kobe's not happy with the coach or team management and Andrew Bynum is a thug (a good player, but a thug).

Miami will win it all barring some disaster ...

Andrew Bogut, Stephen Jackson traded to Golden state in return for Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown.

Given Bogut can stay healthy (a big 'if' perhaps), I think it's a good trade for the Warriors. They need a big man who can plug the gap in the middle. Great defender and skilled with the ball. Put him with Curry, Thompson, Lee and that's a pretty good base to build around.

For the Bucks, they have actually been going pretty well recently without Bogut so I think it's a fair idea for them to see what they could get for Bogut. Not sure Ellis is the best fit there though. Bucks play their best when the work is balanced amongst a pretty deep side. Jennings is the star who sometimes takes too many shots so I don't know what happens know with Monta in town. Udoh is a player I think can explode soon too. Think that will be a good upgrade for the Bucks at PF.

5 year bump.

DeMarcus Cousins traded to the Pelicans.

First Woj bomb of the season!
as a kings supporter i was watching the whole thing unfold. When it was released what we actually got back i was upset. But then figured if he cant get us more than 33 wins a season its time to get rid. We offloaded barnes too so thats a win. Well they will waive him. Same Same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davis & Cousins with Holiday pretty much means the Blazers miss out this year now...

I'll just wait for the inevitable LeBron vs Durant finals.

Paul George to L.A, thoughts?
As a long time Laker fan I'm spewing we have Mozgov & Deng in the first instance. Particularly with the amount we're paying them. Good to see the Williams offload. Looks like Magic is hitting the ground running & attempt to fix some of the horrendeous f'k ups that have happened the last few years... I have faith he is the man to bring us the players we need. We missed on so many players the last 5-10 years. IThomas, PGeorge etc. It'll be good to have someone at the head that isn't as blinded by self bias & will do what's right for the franchise as opposed to his own selfish ego (well, hopefully anyway).

Paul George to L.A, thoughts?

Clippers I assume?
I thought they were more interested in Carmelo?

PG will end up in Boston I reckon (if he moves anywhere at all).

Clippers I assume?
I thought they were more interested in Carmelo?

PG will end up in Boston I reckon (if he moves anywhere at all).
Yeah, Lakers had their chance years ago with Thomas & George wanting to come over together.... We ended up with crap like Sacre, Williams, Mozgov & Deng instead. *shakes head*

Boston is a good call IMO.

Tomorrow will be crazy. Haven't seen this many star players be available or rumored to be available.

Cousins already traded.

Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony, Andre Drummond all available.

Jahlil Okafor, Andrew Bogut and Deron Williams available too but not the same level of the above.

Davis & Cousins with Holiday pretty much means the Blazers miss out this year now...

I'll just wait for the inevitable LeBron vs Durant finals.
Wouldnt be so sure. I dont think the Pels will get the 8th seed. Its the blazers to lose IMO

Tomorrow will be crazy. Haven't seen this many star players be available or rumored to be available.

Cousins already traded.

Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony, Andre Drummond all available.

Jahlil Okafor, Andrew Bogut and Deron Williams available too but not the same level of the above.
I reckon PG gets to Boston with Bogut

No one wants Okafor as the 6ers want atleast a "3rd overall pick" for him.

Drummond was offered as a swap for Boogie from rumours i heard. Cant see where he ends up now

Butler and Melo meh

Wouldnt be so sure. I dont think the Pels will get the 8th seed. Its the blazers to lose IMO

We are pretty s**t this year though. Unless Nurkic completely takes over or Lillard goes on another post-ASG rampage; we are a mediocre team who gave $70M contracts to bench role players.

I think it's either Denver or NOP. Would have locked in Denver before the Boogie trade.

We are pretty s**t this year though. Unless Nurkic completely takes over or Lillard goes on another post-ASG rampage; we are a mediocre team who gave $70M contracts to bench role players.

I think it's either Denver or NOP. Would have locked in Denver before the Boogie trade.
My moneys on Portland. Denver an outside chance but i think Pels will struggle this season. Next season will be a different story

Takes a while for chemistry to work. Look at Clevelands 1st 20 odd games after the trade. Only 25 games left this season. I reckon they go 10-15 at best and miss out. Lets see.

Blazers have some studs on the roster though. Also rumours they are chasing Drummond this morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back