Cockburn firming up

Remove this Banner Ad

I can guarantee we have moved closer to Success.
For watchers or any one in the area check out the Dragon palace over at gateways delicious

I actually prefer North Lake BBQ

For lunch time, Dragon Palace is better for Dim Sum, North Lake BBQ is better if you'd just like a noodle/rice dish by itself.

If you do go to North Lake BBQ, be sure to try the crispy beef sometime - thank me later ;)

A crappy second rate worst in the competition training facility where the only advantage is I can walk across the road to get a cup of coffee and grab a look at the Metropolis night club for the vibe or go to a state of the art complex where I can hone my skills and fitness to a new level ,where I can still walk across the road to a cafe or better still use the in building cafe. Gee thats a tough choice for a professional athlete who wants to keep his body in tip top condition to stay in the game for as long as he can.:)
Now you're just being silly. Both venues would have had a state of the art complex. Don't pre-emptively try to recreate history.

Now you're just being silly. Both venues would have had a state of the art complex. Don't pre-emptively try to recreate history.

No way Reg, not nearly enough space at Fremantle to fit in the oversize ground, the second oval ,the pool complex ,the admin offices, the triple size gym and locker rooms, the medical rooms, the sprint track etc, etc. You're being silly to even mention that Fremantle could have accommodated the sheer size of Cockburn. If we stayed at Freo we would have ended up with a facility the size of the Eagles, 50% smaller and no room for expansion.

Last edited:
For lunch time, Dragon Palace is better for Dim Sum, North Lake BBQ is better if you'd just like a noodle/rice dish by itself.

If you do go to North Lake BBQ, be sure to try the crispy beef sometime - thank me later ;)
Yeah i love the dim sum, the queue on weekends lunch is crazy but moves fast. Shanghai , shumai, roast pork, crispy duck, prawn and coriander dumplings so good :) ill try the beef for sure

No way Fred, not nearly enough space at Fremantle to fit in the oversize ground, the second oval ,the pool complex ,the admin offices, the triple size gym and locker rooms, the medical rooms, the sprint track etc, etc. You're being silly to even mention that Fremantle could have accommodated the sheer size of Cockburn. If we stayed at Freo we would have ended up with a facility the size of the Eagles, 50% smaller and no room for expansion.
What second oval?

I can't be ****ed digging up the original plans, so you do it and prove the Cockburn option was so much bigger and better than the Freo option with the Stan Reilly redevelopment factored in.

Last edited:
What second oval?

I can't be fuccked digging up the original plans, so you do it and prove the Cockburn option was so much bigger and better than the Freo option with the Stan Reilly redevelopment factored in.

The second oval being finished now and see Unique name's previous post re size. Facts dont mean a lot to you? Rosich had a yarn to us the other day and mentioned there was no way the area at Freo was big enough. Blind Freddy could work that out but Reg is blind in other ways. No matter what the present admin do its wrong.

The second oval being finished now and see Unique name's previous post re size. Facts dont mean a lot to you? Rosich had a yarn to us the other day and mentioned there was no way the area at Freo was big enough. Blind Freddy could work that out but Reg is blind in other ways. No matter what the present admin do its wrong.
Like the * up with the women's outfit for instance?

Unique Name's post doesn't take into account the additional proposed development area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just love how every numpty that's never set foot in the place has an overtly critical opinion of the facility.
It reminds me of a dimwit I met once who told me he didn't like the taste of tomato's, only to then declare he'd never actually eaten a tomato.

If Geoff, Reg and the merry crew of cynics had any concept of how advanced this joint is they might finally drop the stoic stance and admit that people far more intelligent, far more researched, and far more diligent than they, actually got it right.
Do you know that FFC own a $3 mill supercomputer that is housed in the facility ? Do you this has potential to communicate with Cockburn central and the greater business district to create revenue outside of its football activities so it can compete with eastern states clubs gambling revenue ?
Do you know FFC Put the facilities in place to contract to the AFL for video production/editing as another means of pokie fighting revenue ?
Do you, do you guys ??
We're talking alternative income streams, future proofing revenue fluctuations and tech based initiative that no other club has even thought, let alone could roll out.

But Yeh - FFC, so *ing short-sighted n $hit hey...
I seriously wonder how some people ever take joy out of this beautiful world when all they see is gloom and doom.
Oh, but it looks bland from the outside - uppercut yourself Geoff you turkey

I just love how every numpty that's never set foot in the place has an overtly critical opinion of the facility.
It reminds me of a dimwit I met once who told me he didn't like the taste of tomato's, only to then declare he'd never actually eaten a tomato.

If Geoff, Reg and the merry crew of cynics had any concept of how advanced this joint is they might finally drop the stoic stance and admit that people far more intelligent, far more researched, and far more diligent than they, actually got it right.

Tell us more DMan 11 supercomputer eh. The only reservation I have is how FFC interact with the community side as regards to use and access and lockout training etc. Are the indoor courts usuable for realistic kicking ?

I can't go to training watch anymore , but I still think the move is great .

Tell us more DMan 11 supercomputer eh. The only reservation I have is how FFC interact with the community side as regards to use and access and lockout training etc. Are the indoor courts usuable for realistic kicking ?

I've explained it all before in earlier posts.
In summary, the only 'shared' use item in the whole facility is the lap pool.
The indoor courts will be public use except for some allocated times lots reserved for FFC.

And there you go again....:drunk::drunk:
just keep cursing at clouds, I'm sure that makes you feel happy
Who's cursing? I laughed because the concept of a super computer is such an old-fashioned idea and because you couldn't buy s**t in the way of what might be classed as a super computer these days for $3M. It's the current day equivalent of bragging about owning a Trash-80.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back