Length of games

Nothing will be done with #1. Commercial break = inning changeover. Imagine having a 30 pitch inning and you're rushed to get your Catcher back at the plate to hit first after a short changeover. I agree with the rest of your post but #1 can't be helped when the players health is involved.

Another good suggestion that I read above is having the pitcher start throwing straight away, instead of 5-6 practice pitchers first. They've been given ample time to prepare in the bullpen, so they should get going as soon as they step onto the mound. No reason not to.

Also, the complete 12 second rule in the league offices own words:

Rule 8.04 requires the pitcher to deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball with the bases unoccupied. The penalty prescribed by Rule 8.04 for a pitcher's violation of the Rule is that the umpire shall call "Ball."

Can't believe that is not enforced. The wording makes it sound like the rule is only in place when no one is on base, which makes sense as pitchers usually want more time with runners on base. But even with bases unoccupied you will rarely see a pitcher delivering within 12 seconds.

I can't believe the league office want to speed up the game by introducing a ridiculous extra inning rule in the lower levels but have have completely ignored any mention of a rule that is already in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed...they won't touch a revenue generator. Doesn't change the fact that the commercials alone add another 36-45 minutes to a game.

I don't mind about 6 pitches to warm up on the actual game mound....it is not unusual for home teams to, how shall we say, make "adjustments" to mounds in the bullpen for visiting clubs. ;)

I also agree with you on enforcing the rule to stop screwing around with no one on base.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems as if the Intentional Walk will be changed to a direction from the Manager or Pitcher

The change in the rule for intentional walks rule would end the long-standing practice of requiring the pitcher to toss four soft pitches outside the strike zone. MLB is proposing a team instead could just signify it wants to issue an intentional walk and the hitter would be sent directly to first base, ESPN reported.

MLB may look into a set number of time outs ( similar to NFL and NBA) to stop pitch visits. This wont be for a few years yet.

Wont know what to do with the extra 20 seconds in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back