New book We Are Essendon details supporters’ suffering

Remove this Banner Ad

Fans are delusional... and this is utter bullshit...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-...government-inquiry-into-essendon-saga/8284144

Federal sports minister, Greg Hunt, is examining new information on the Essendon saga that may prompt a government inquiry.

The information was sent to the minister by the 'Justice for the 34' campaign who are seeking to have the players guilty verdict, delivered in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), overturned.

"I've had some material submitted to me. What I have done — and I think this is my duty — is to begin consideration and to seek advice on whether that contains any new or significant material not previously considered," he told ABC's The Ticket.

The 'Justice for the 34' information now before the minister includes allegations that the players were denied natural justice and that evidence was withheld.

The group challenges the CAS process arguing the players should never have been tried twice for the same offence.

At a political level Greens leader, Richard di Natale, has been a prominent voice calling for an inquiry, previously describing the Essendon players as 'scapegoats'.

Minister Hunt says he is approaching the information with an open mind.

"I will respectfully consider the material, I won't try to pre-empt it. I think that's the right and proper thing for me to do."

Upheaval at the top of ASADA
There has already been change at the top of the Australian sports anti-doping regime.

A global search is underway for a new head of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority to replace outgoing chief Ben McDevitt.

The latest sad chapter

To his critics, nothing James Hird says or does will ever be enough, writes Tracey Holmes.

The Essendon support group has campaigned for an inquiry into Mr McDevitt's handling of the case.

Minister Hunt responded to questions on The Ticket as to whether Mr McDevitt resigned or was pushed.

"No, no, he was preparing to leave prior to the change of minister and he informed me shortly afterwards that he'd had a three year contract, his time was up, his intention was always to leave and so that was entirely of his own choosing," Mr Hunt said.

"One of the things I will do once the new CEO is appointed is to sit down with him or her to then chart out a strategic plan on integrity, doping and the role of ASADA."

Critics have long argued the anti-doping regime should focus less on a punitive regime and more on the health and wellbeing of athletes.

UK based sports ethics and anti-doping advisor, and chair of the Commonwealth Games Federation's Medical Commission, Michele Verroken, says a change in approach is vital.

"The world anti doping code has been poorly implemented, is too generic to be relevant to all sports, and it's failed to achieve trust from the athletes and sports bodies."

"Anti-doping needs some humanity. We are losing our way if we judge all athletes as if they are cheats."

The Essendon affair is Australia's longest running doping scandal with no clear winners.

A Supreme Court writ has been lodged in Victoria asserting misleading or deceptive conduct in the handling of the joint ASADA-AFL investigation.

The ongoing Australian affair is being watched closely by lawyers, anti-doping officials and sports most senior officials around the globe.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-...government-inquiry-into-essendon-saga/8284144

Federal sports minister, Greg Hunt, is examining new information on the Essendon saga that may prompt a government inquiry.

The information was sent to the minister by the 'Justice for the 34' campaign who are seeking to have the players guilty verdict, delivered in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), overturned.

"I've had some material submitted to me. What I have done — and I think this is my duty — is to begin consideration and to seek advice on whether that contains any new or significant material not previously considered," he told ABC's The Ticket.

The 'Justice for the 34' information now before the minister includes allegations that the players were denied natural justice and that evidence was withheld.

The group challenges the CAS process arguing the players should never have been tried twice for the same offence.

At a political level Greens leader, Richard di Natale, has been a prominent voice calling for an inquiry, previously describing the Essendon players as 'scapegoats'.

"I will respectfully consider the material, I won't try to pre-empt it. I think that's the right and proper thing for me to do."

There has already been change at the top of the Australian sports anti-doping regime.

A global search is underway for a new head of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority to replace outgoing chief Ben McDevitt.

The latest sad chapter

To his critics, nothing James Hird says or does will ever be enough, writes Tracey Holmes.

The Essendon support group has campaigned for an inquiry into Mr McDevitt's handling of the case.

Minister Hunt responded to questions on The Ticket as to whether Mr McDevitt resigned or was pushed.

"No, no, he was preparing to leave prior to the change of minister and he informed me shortly afterwards that he'd had a three year contract, his time was up, his intention was always to leave and so that was entirely of his own choosing," Mr Hunt said.

"One of the things I will do once the new CEO is appointed is to sit down with him or her to then chart out a strategic plan on integrity, doping and the role of ASADA."

Critics have long argued the anti-doping regime should focus less on a punitive regime and more on the health and wellbeing of athletes.

UK based sports ethics and anti-doping advisor, and chair of the Commonwealth Games Federation's Medical Commission, Michele Verroken, says a change in approach is vital.

"The world anti doping code has been poorly implemented, is too generic to be relevant to all sports, and it's failed to achieve trust from the athletes and sports bodies."

"Anti-doping needs some humanity. We are losing our way if we judge all athletes as if they are cheats."

The Essendon affair is Australia's longest running doping scandal with no clear winners.

A Supreme Court writ has been lodged in Victoria asserting misleading or deceptive conduct in the handling of the joint ASADA-AFL investigation.

The ongoing Australian affair is being watched closely by lawyers, anti-doping officials and sports most senior officials around the globe.
THis has Bruce Frances written all over it.

I hope they've spelt my name correctly when detailing my cruelty and ridicule, it's Flöki Snöw with umlauts (chief's username formating discriminates against the umlaut).

THis has Bruce Frances written all over it.
I don't think he is in the "Justice for the 34" crowd - although it's a line ball call as to who is actually too unhinged for the other.

From their "evidence" drops that were being published, ol' Bruce wasn't one of the subject matter experts being trotted out. I haven't been back there for a while though, perhaps now the "Justice ...34" crowd are nearing the bottom of the barrel.

The latest sad chapter

Think Justice for the 96 has more credibiliity than justice for 34

The latest sad chapter

Maybe one of our EFC regulars can help me out here - how does this help the players?

Are any of the players (current or past) behind this push?

From what I could tell, the club and players had distanced themselves from both the "Justice ... 34" group and Bruce Francis, so who who does this serve?
Where is the $ coming from and going to?

The true victims here are the opposition supporters who have spent the past four years of their lives utterly obsessed with this saga to the point of gleefully wallowing in the schadenfreude whilst revealing what truly sad individuals they are (as evident by the OP).

These people (you know who you are), some who have already posted on this thread others who are a bees dick away from yet another rant, are the ones who truly need to get their stories out and garner our sympathy.

I want to give a shout out to anyone of these poor souls to take up this challenge to produce a book with your stories of why the saga has triggered your bullying tactics, your mental health issues and strains and stresses on your relationships.

It may be cathartic and give you solace.
Won't someone please think of the opposition supporters!
Have a cry princess. Just be thankful the AFL didn't go down on you like a ton of bricks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The true victims here are the opposition supporters who have spent the past four years of their lives utterly obsessed with this saga to the point of gleefully wallowing in the schadenfreude whilst revealing what truly sad individuals they are (as evident by the OP).

These people (you know who you are), some who have already posted on this thread others who are a bees dick away from yet another rant, are the ones who truly need to get their stories out and garner our sympathy.

I want to give a shout out to anyone of these poor souls to take up this challenge to produce a book with your stories of why the saga has triggered your bullying tactics, your mental health issues and strains and stresses on your relationships.

It may be cathartic and give you solace.
Won't someone please think of the opposition supporters!

Exactly, first time i have looked at this board for a month or so, same bunch of sickos saying the same old sick things.

Ahhhhh so people who have no idea what it's been like to be an Essendon official, player, member or fan over the last 4 years after sharing their opinion. Cute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back