Who will win the 2016/2017 Season?

• Total voters
Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
Did anyone see the tosser from the Taipans ditch the ball at the wildcats celebrating?

He threw it at the refs, not the Wildcats!

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that Tony Mitchell...

Found this part of the Knight suspension quite humorous:

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Mitchell was one of the biggest flop imports ever in this league. He was overrated before he even got here just because he scored 73 points in a game in China and averaged like 40 ppg.

He is crap.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Also good to see DD gone from United. He was a cancer and United failed massively the past two seasons. They finished top last year and then choked and with the talent they had this season they should have made playoffs.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Also good to see DD gone from United. He was a cancer and United failed massively the past two seasons. They finished top last year and then choked and with the talent they had this season they should have made playoffs.

They need a defensive minded coach

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

Exports

Debutant
Dec 15, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats
No doubt the dude has been a great coach. But he is also a liability. Our players got him out of jail this season. I really think it's time for a change

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
Gleeson is never going to write a textbook on game day coaching, but he's got a world-class eye for import talent.

Obviously helps that the Wildcats are so well-resourced, but Ennis, Prather, Beal & Cotton didn't all come to us by chance...

Had one [arguably] dud pick in Jaron Johnson, but he just wasn't what we were looking for in our system. Showed he had the tools to thrive in other teams. Jury is still out McKay, but that pick was 100% Neilsen.

Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Bit of a harsh assessment on McKay I would have thought.

Of the Perth games I have watched, which is admittedly not all of them, he has been quite handy and was pretty much the difference when Perth playedUnited to seal their finals spot.

I dislike any of the coaches, and Gleeson (along with DD) seems to be a key proponent, who carry on like pork chops at the refs. The reffing has been poor at best this year in the NBL, but these blokes are supposed to be professionals.

I just hope that the new Melbourne coach doesn't make as many random rotations. I think it had become evident he had lost the players by the looks of them at least halfway through the season.

Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
Bit of a harsh assessment on McKay I would have thought.

Of the Perth games I have watched, which is admittedly not all of them, he has been quite handy and was pretty much the difference when Perth playedUnited to seal their finals spot.

McKay plays well in patches and the game against Melb was certainly one of his best - started the season like a house on fire, then slowly tapered off to become a near offensive-liability and then got surpassed by Angus Brandt (but recovered at the end).

He's always had elite rim protection, but his athleticism can't make up for his lack of size in the post when going up against bigs in the NBL. His hands are very average and he has a tendency to travel as soon as he catches the ball while moving, which is certainly not ideal when you want to use your speed and athleticism against your opponent!

I think he's a perfect 3rd import though - if the Wildcats can reload next season with 2 similar offensive juggernauts (I think Prather & Cotton go onto greener pastures), then I'd be all for retaining him and continuing to build up his strength because he does have a ton of upside. But right now he looks like Max Gawn circa-2011 out there against some of the other bigs.

He has one of the worst twitter games too...

giphy.gif

Back