Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cukor's two musicals are the business as well

West Side Story is fairly undeniable too

Then you've got your Astaire/Rogers ones which are pretty nifty as well

And of course the works of Minnelli and Demy which are the boilerplates for La La Land.

There are plenty of reaction memes waiting to be made from the beach torture scene in Silence, by the way.

It shows Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver peering out from the bushes/cliffs, wincing and reacting to a series of things.

It was just made for the internet to abuse.

Nov 28, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Manchester by the Sea was quite disappointing. It was very beautifully shot, however, I thought that it was boring besides a couple of scenes. I also don't understand the hype behind Casey Affleck's performance, I was more annoyed by him than sympathetic towards him. Whoever did the sound editing should never work again, the canned gasp sound effect before each bar fight was so comically bad that it took me out of the film.

Nocturnal Animals on the other hand is one of my favourite American films from last year.

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
Manchester by the Sea was quite disappointing. It was very beautifully shot, however, I thought that it was boring besides a couple of scenes. I also don't understand the hype behind Casey Affleck's performance, I was more annoyed by him than sympathetic towards him. Whoever did the sound editing should never work again, the canned gasp sound effect before each bar fight was so comically bad that it took me out of the film.

Nocturnal Animals on the other hand is one of my favourite American films from last year.

Have not seen either but suspicious of hype over Manchester By The Sea as trailer looked cheesy. Nocturnal Animals has been well received although I did see one critic can it. Have you seen Toni Erdmann?

Yeah I don't get the Casey Affleck hype, either.

I didn't love Nocturnal Animals, but I thought the acting performances from Gyllenhaal, Taylor-Johnson, Shannon, Adams and even Isla Fisher were great.

I would have been really into a full 90 minutes of the story within the story; that was pulsating.

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
Bergman I watched a really good Italian/French/German film today called The Wonders. Highly recommend. Also finally watched The Magnificent Ambersons, albeit the heavily edited version (******* RKO w***ers).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back