May 17, 2008
Minneapolis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panthers, NYR, Bulls, Badgers
EDIT: CODE FOR 2018 SEASON IS 689132

Hey guys,

Signed up today to the newly promoted 'Fantasy Tennis League' by Tennis Australia.

http://fantasytennisleague.com

- 16 players per team, 8 starters.
- ATP/WTA players incorporating ALL GS, ATP1000/500/250/WTF & WTA Premier/International/Finals
- $100mil budget
- 1 Captain (+50% score)
- 3 Team Players (+20% score)

All details inc. scoring is on the site so if you're interested have a suss.

If anyone here is keen, Week 1 starts on Monday Jan 16, 11am AEDT. So you'd ideally want to have your team complete by then!

I've made a BF League, code is 654941.

Feel free to join!

Last edited:

EFL Boy

Spec Moderator
May 17, 2008
Minneapolis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panthers, NYR, Bulls, Badgers
Quick bump as registrations close tomorrow morning for the start of the season!

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The in game scoring really needed to be tweaked, seems silly to me that De Minaur for example has scored 2.5 more times than Kuznetsova and performance wise it was chalk and cheese. Maybe more points needed to given for straight set wins or points lost for losing a set.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bump, anyone else still playing this?

Have made some decent progress over the last few weeks, any ideas if you can see who's leading for the month?

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ive just created a team, it's a hard to pick a good team with the salary cap
Good luck! I've now got 112 mil to play around with but even then its still hard to fit in the big guns.

So frustrating that I work weekends and have limited access to the internet, so I left Dimitrov as my vc thinking he would still play this week.

Also Muguruza can go and get stuffed.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Milos is my captain, Dimitrov is my vice captain and I didn't bother picking mugu she's too inconsistent. I ended up picking Pliskova instead
It's hard to fit the top 3 in the team.

My bench is full of unknowns lol
Dimitrov isn't playing WK 6, so don't make him vice captain.

Team after this weeks trades:
03f88157094cfa8d27ef132846ca43ef.png

Have decided I'll bring in Murray as a bit of a POD, nice timing with Indian Wells & the Miami Open around the corner.

Plan will be to get Nadal & SWilliams in soon as well.

Will need to pick up some cheap female players as well as I'm very ATP heavy now.

Thanks for letting me know about Dimitrov, I better change my team. So I really need to check who is playing each week.

I also need to include a few more women players, at the moment, I have Pliskova, Coco, and a couple of lower ranked players on the bench.

I want to pick Nadal once the clay court season begins.

I think Goffin and Thiem are two good players for our teams, both consistent and play on a regular basis.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thanks for letting me know about Dimitrov, I better change my team. So I really need to check who is playing each week.

I also need to include a few more women players, at the moment, I have Pliskova, Coco, and a couple of lower ranked players on the bench.

I want to pick Nadal once the clay court season begins.

I think Goffin and Thiem are two good players for our teams, both consistent and play on a regular basis.
Yea you just have to be flexible in this game; you'll see in wk 9 its WTA only while wk 11 is ATP only, so a bit of planning will get you ahead of most.

Yea you just have to be flexible in this game; you'll see in wk 9 its WTA only while wk 11 is ATP only, so a bit of planning will get you ahead of most.

Milos is my captain for now, and I wasnt sure if I should pick Novak just yet - not sure what's going on with him.

Ok, so I really need to follow WTA a bit closely. I see there's a Big footy League, I will join later on

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Keep making silly decisions & injuries are killing me, into the top 50 for the first time though.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thinking I'll pick up SWilliams next week, can't imagine most at the top will have her and hope she kills it at Indian Wells & Miami (May even make her captain).

Will have a squad of SWilliams, AMurray, RNadal, DGoffin, DThiem, ESvitolina, SStosur. Eighth spot would be out of GMelzer, FTiafoe & RDutra Silva.

Gives me a pretty heavy hitting side, really need to start making more cash.

I am thinking about my line up for Indian Wells for now I'm going to keep Pliskova, Goffin, Thiem, Tsonga, Dimitrov and perhaps A Zverev.

I might drop del Potro not sure about his form. Ive dropped Milos, he was injured last week so I missed a few points there.

I would like to include either Murray or Nadal.

Now I wish i started in Week 1.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am thinking about my line up for Indian Wells for now I'm going to keep Pliskova, Goffin, Thiem, Tsonga, Dimitrov and perhaps A Zverev.

I might drop del Potro not sure about his form. Ive dropped Milos, he was injured last week so I missed a few points there.

I would like to include either Murray or Nadal.

Now I wish i started in Week 1.
Yea I wouldn't go too male heavy as both the ATP/WTA events are on at the same, the extra 40 points for the tournament winner & 24 for the runner up is huge and I do like to hedge on trying to get all four of those in my team and in my captain/vice spots if possible.

That's why I'm now on the SWilliams bandwagon over the next few weeks, Pliskova looks like a good option, Svitolina has been in good form (hopefully the injury isn't too bad), Wozniacki looks decent as well. But apart from Serena the WTA girls can be very frustrating to own.

Yea I wouldn't go too male heavy as both the ATP/WTA events are on at the same, the extra 40 points for the tournament winner & 24 for the runner up is huge and I do like to hedge on trying to get all four of those in my team and in my captain/vice spots if possible.

That's why I'm now on the SWilliams bandwagon over the next few weeks, Pliskova looks like a good option, Svitolina has been in good form (hopefully the injury isn't too bad), Wozniacki looks decent as well. But apart from Serena the WTA girls can be very frustrating to own.

I know, I really need to include a few more females but most are inconsistent. Pliskova is usually reliable whereas not sure what's going on with Kerber

Serena is definitely a good player to pick when the grand slams and major wta tournaments are on.
I was looking at adding Cibulkova, Puig, or Wozniacki. Svitolina is another good one.

I've added Coco but I might trade her.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What a terrible gameweek so far, so many big guns have flopped.

I massively regret not going Raonic to Nadal instead of the Dimitrov to Wawrinka trade the moment I heard Raonic was injured.

If Murray goes onto win this week, trading him in and making him captain will be a masterstroke.

Back