2017 Commentary Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Whateley, Hudson and Lane are the best callers. Love the way Lane's voice has that undercurrent of excitement but he just holds it back enough to stop it being over the top. I don't even mind Dwayne for straight out calling.

Connolly is an excellent analyst. Greg Baum should be given air time as well. Both excellent football writers.

Is Gerard not on abc this year? Not listed in the article on the sun site. Surely that's not right.

Whateley, Hudson and Lane are the best callers. Love the way Lane's voice has that undercurrent of excitement but he just holds it back enough to stop it being over the top. I don't even mind Dwayne for straight out calling.

Connolly is an excellent analyst. Greg Baum should be given air time as well. Both excellent football writers.
Agree about Lane. Best caller of the last few decades if you ask me. Knowledgeable and professional, also never got sucked in to the boys club mentality.

Would love if 7 or Fox could snaffle him.

How is the Croc media stuff working with SEN?

Speaking of Croc Media, I've just realised that they've done a deal to have Dwayne and Gerard do a 2nd hour of Sports Today for regional Vic and Tasmania. What I find interesting about this is that people from other Melbourne stations will be in the 3aw studio for the 2nd hour; people such as Andrew Maher, Damien Barrett, Jack Heverin and Adam Cooney.

I guess in an effort to keep these other guys off 3aw, only the 1st hour of the show is on the 3aw podcasts, but the whole show is on a croc media link
https://omny.fm/shows/sportsday/thursday-feb-9?in_playlist=podcast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is the Croc media stuff working with SEN?

A good example of the new world of AFL Radio coverage today. Croc Media produced two different calls of the Melbourne v Bulldogs today. One call was produced for 3AW, the other for SEN, 6PR, FiveAA and regionals.

Last edited:
A good example of the new world of AFL Radio coverage today. Croc Media produced two different calls of the Melbourne v Bulldogs today. One call was produced for 3AW, the other for SEN, 6PR, FiveAA and regionals.
i wonder if SEN will take 6PR's coverage of WA games this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back