News New Jumpers for 2017 - All changes in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally blame all St Kilda fans equally
The one thing I have noticed across this board is that despite having an underutilized set of colours, St Kilda fans are very picky and insistent on having things a select way.

The one thing I have noticed across this board is that despite having an underutilized set of colours, St Kilda fans are very picky and insistent on having things a select way.
It's because we have 3 designs that are predominately each colour and they've all awesome!

Why mess with that?

We've already found the 3 best combinations - Tri-Colour Black, Candy Stripe White and Crusader Red

All different - all awesome!

Other clubs supporters are just jealous because their 2nd and even some first kits are all worse than the Candy Stripe and Crusader.

I'm in a minority here, but I really liked St Kilda's 2010 clash. It could've done with normal size red and black stripes, but other than that it still said "Saints jumper" to me.

Essendon has a new shorts sponsor. Border Express
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-02-24/border-express-joins-our-comeback-story

C5aEhbvVMAEde3I.png

It's because we have 3 designs that are predominately each colour and they've all awesome!

Why mess with that?

We've already found the 3 best combinations - Tri-Colour Black, Candy Stripe White and Crusader Red

All different - all awesome!

Other clubs supporters are just jealous because their 2nd and even some first kits are all worse than the Candy Stripe and Crusader.
No disrespect, and it's more something I've come across when people post saints concepts in the jumper ideas thread. There's no room for creativity or trialing something new. Just odd in my opinion, especially with a colour pallette like the saints. Your club could be knocking out some classy and unique designs each preseason, but instead it's the same old each year.

I don't have any issue with the current saints jumpers, just find it odd that out of all the clubs, they have the widest berth for experimentation with designs etc, and the supporters seem the staunchest against that idea.

No disrespect, and it's more something I've come across when people post saints concepts in the jumper ideas thread. There's no room for creativity or trialing something new. Just odd in my opinion, especially with a colour pallette like the saints. Your club could be knocking out some classy and unique designs each preseason, but instead it's the same old each year.

I don't have any issue with the current saints jumpers, just find it odd that out of all the clubs, they have the widest berth for experimentation with designs etc, and the supporters seem the staunchest against that idea.
What the? We've had a preseason jumper in 6 of the 8 past preseasons and have had a major clash jumper variation 8 times since 2002 (and we routinely change every 2 seasons these days).

Get the feeling we may have had another preseason jumper should the BLK deal not have screwed up either. I don't think you can say we don't "experiment".

It's more because most of the experimentation are just lesser versions of the 3 highly popular classy unique St Kilda designs or when put up against the big 3 don't match up. It's actually a very hard thing to do a St Kilda design because over the years we have experimented and we narrowed it down to 3 exceptional designs that work really well. Don't forget that the Crusader and Candy Stripe got used a lot more because of fan support.

That being said we still experiment with Heritage, Pre-Season and Indigenous jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's more because most of the experimentation are just lesser versions of the 3 highly popular classy unique St Kilda designs or when put up against the big 3 don't match up. It's actually a very hard thing to do a St Kilda design because over the years we have experimented and we narrowed it down to 3 exceptional designs that work really well. Don't forget that the Crusader and Candy Stripe got used a lot more because of fan support.

That being said we still experiment with Heritage, Pre-Season and Indigenous jumpers.
How is a heritage experimentation? It's using an existing design. Preseason is true, but you've had very few of them. And indigenous designs have t been incorporated elsewhere in the clubs images, so can we really consider that as experimentation? It's a design made by an artist for one game, and never seen again

How is a heritage experimentation? It's using an existing design. Preseason is true, but you've had very few of them. And indigenous designs have t been incorporated elsewhere in the clubs images, so can we really consider that as experimentation? It's a design made by an artist for one game, and never seen again
Are you seriously having a go at st kilda for lack of creativity??? I find that hard to believe. You can say, you have a better design up your sleeve or they should revert to something old but you can't fault there effort throughout previous seasons. Personally I think they should adopt the red and black hoops as their away jumper.

St Kilda are probably the easiest team to design for. Good colours, an array of relevant design options, easy to cycle clash/alternate jumpers every year or two and always have a ripping looking jumper, even if some are less so than others.

Tigers yellow is awesome, that tone of yellow on their clash jumper will make it stand out more and actually nearly more affective than white.

ISC- please make the collar on Adelaide jumper gold, ASAP. Just looks all Over the place.

Mate you been hiding under a rock for the 5 years or something??? We've had a black cross, a white cross, the stickman and the red backed unusual crusader last year. So they are all the same how??

West coast supporters just salty that every tri panel effort they've dished out belongs in a dog food bowl. They get their yellow jumper and all of a sudden they are the greatest club ever. Also it's only amateur designers in the jumper ideas thread as far as I know, they don't deserve a bagging for trying.

Mate you been hiding under a rock for the 5 years or something??? We've had a black cross, a white cross, the stickman and the red backed unusual crusader last year. So they are all the same how??

West coast supporters just salty that every tri panel effort they've dished out belongs in a dog food bowl. They get their yellow jumper and all of a sudden they are the greatest club ever. Also it's only amateur designers in the jumper ideas thread as far as I know, they don't deserve a bagging for trying.

I'm not denying they exist. My point was that the club and supporters stick to the tried and true. It all comes back to the same imagery. You don't have a Hawthorn diamond jumper or a North V or a Melbourne monogram or even a crazy idea like the Pies barcode. You have the same imagery of the shield logo or cross on every jumper sans the tripanel. The stickman in 2014 was the closest you ever got to a unique design and it still called back to your moniker. I'm not saying the aforementioned designs look good, but they were something fresh and different. Your club and fellow supporters could have some truly unique looking jumpers if the criteria wasn't locked down as much. That's all I'm saying.

I can't speak for all west coast supporters. But the ochre and the pre season BGC tripanel are fine enough jumpers in their own right. Are we not allowed to be proud that a unique jumper to our identity is back in the gold based wings? s**t, your supporters have been ejaculating just as much about the HCB. We've been the wolf in sheep's clothing since 2000. We have OUR identity back. We can celebrate that.

'Amateur' designers in the ideas thread should be free to toy around with St Kilda ideas without a saints fan running in with "No! The cuffs HAVE to be black/white/rainbow, the colours need to be in stripes in this way, and we would NEVER wear something like that". I mean, isn't that the whole point of that thread?

I'm not denying they exist. My point was that the club and supporters stick to the tried and true. It all comes back to the same imagery. You don't have a Hawthorn diamond jumper or a North V or a Melbourne monogram or even a crazy idea like the Pies barcode. You have the same imagery of the shield logo or cross on every jumper sans the tripanel. The stickman in 2014 was the closest you ever got to a unique design and it still called back to your moniker. I'm not saying the aforementioned designs look good, but they were something fresh and different. Your club and fellow supporters could have some truly unique looking jumpers if the criteria wasn't locked down as much. That's all I'm saying.

I can't speak for all west coast supporters. But the ochre and the pre season BGC tripanel are fine enough jumpers in their own right. Are we not allowed to be proud that a unique jumper to our identity is back in the gold based wings? s**t, your supporters have been ejaculating just as much about the HCB. We've been the wolf in sheep's clothing since 2000. We have OUR identity back. We can celebrate that.

'Amateur' designers in the ideas thread should be free to toy around with St Kilda ideas without a saints fan running in with "No! The cuffs HAVE to be black/white/rainbow, the colours need to be in stripes in this way, and we would NEVER wear something like that". I mean, isn't that the whole point of that thread?
crow28 Gibbsy I'm really sorry for taking the thread off topic. Can we get this moved to the Chat Megathread? Thanks

Adelaide-Gold Coast matches haven't been played every year since 1897.
What's your point? There's been a jumper clash between your clubs since 2000, "tradition" would actually solve the issue in this instance.

Are you seriously having a go at st kilda for lack of creativity??? I find that hard to believe. You can say, you have a better design up your sleeve or they should revert to something old but you can't fault there effort throughout previous seasons. Personally I think they should adopt the red and black hoops as their away jumper.
When did I have a go at St Kilda for creativity? Im talking about the term "experimentation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back