Dermie, you are an idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brereton's comments (I can't bring myself to call him by his stupid nickname) on Friday night about Hawthorn recruiting from other clubs 'for need' and Geelong just recruiting 'the best available player' from other clubs was ignorant to say the least.

It doesn't take much insight to understand that Smith and Stanley were recruited because we had lacked a ruckman since Ottens (with the likes of West and Simpson either not up to it or injury-prone); that Henderson was recruited to be a long-term replacement for veterans in Lonergan/Taylor (absolutely no difference to Frawley being recruited to take over from Lake) etc.

Ridiculous comments at the time and even more ludicrous in hindsight.
Not to mention we needed clearances we got Danger, a rebounding defender we got Thouy and a marking forward we got Black.

Ok, coincidence with Danger he IS the best player but the other 2 based purely on need.

Dermie talks too much during games. I give equal blame to his offsiders who seem to encourage him by sitting there quietly and letting him go on and on. In Brereton's defence, he is one of the few commentators who actually watches most games in his spare time. He does his research and knows his s**t. It's this professionalism which makes him a rare breed amongst the media flogs who mostly just turn up, speak utter s**t and seem to treat their media work as money for jam.

Last edited:

Yeah, I'll take Brereton over that uber-flog, David King any day of the week.

It's only February, but listening to that clown this afternoon has made me consider cancelling my Foxtel subscription.
I'm not sure I can take another year of his rubbish.
Yeah, King was doing a bit of Norfapping today.

Yeah, I'll take Brereton over that uber-flog, David King any day of the week.

David King and Jason Dunstall is why I don't watch The Couch anymore . I really hate Dunstall too. What is with ex-hawthorn footballers? They're all flogs. And before you say anything, I think Sam Newman is a flog too. In fact, there's very few commentators that are any good in AFL.

I liked that young caller on the ABC I think it was, who brilliantly called the Hawkins after the siren goal....can anyone tell me who he was, and where he is now? He's the caller at 1.06 on this clip....

Still gives me goosebumps...

I liked that young caller on the ABC I think it was, who brilliantly called the Hawkins after the siren goal....can anyone tell me who he was, and where he is now? He's the caller at 1.06 on this clip....

ditto.... and he was leading up the ground too...!

GO Catters

His commentary of last nights game was absolutely pathetic. He used absolutely every possible opportunity to try to bag Geelong. At one stage he was even trying to bag Stephen Wells as a recruiter.
Even after Hawthorn winning three premierships he is still jealous of our success.
He should be banned from commentating Geelong games.

The jury is out on Stephen Wells right now with Caddy starring for the Tigers and Barlow picked up 31 possessions for the Suns (why didn't we at least talk to him?) We got nothing for Kersten. It remains to be seen, but i think Dermie might have some points.

The jury is out on Stephen Wells right now with Caddy starring for the Tigers and Barlow picked up 31 possessions for the Suns (why didn't we at least talk to him?) We got nothing for Kersten. It remains to be seen, but i think Dermie might have some points.
Caddy starred for the Tigers... really? Then he must have been starring for us all these years and I missed it..

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think that is Alister Nicholson. Still calls for ABC Grandstand as far as I know.

Edit: just checked and he called our QF game last year as seen in the below video

:cool:

Last edited:
I still find it a bizarre trade?
I would have gone with undervalued at the outset.. but yet to be fully priced by the market.

It still bothers me that he left so easily - in that he was not that fussed to be here or not... and maybe that's just a personal thing but I want my clubs players to want to be there - ambivalence does not do it so much for me.

Go. Catters

I would have gone with undervalued at the outset.. but yet to be fully priced by the market.

It still bothers me that he left so easily - in that he was not that fussed to be here or not... and maybe that's just a personal thing but I want my clubs players to want to be there - ambivalence does not do it so much for me.

Go. Catters

Bloody mercenaries, eh?

Plus that Selwood stated that he would be here this season, then three days later he was gone. Very unexpected.

Think that is Alister Nicholson. Still calls for ABC Grandstand as far as I know.

Edit: just checked and he called our QF game last year as seen in the below video

:cool:

Thanks for that mate....a caller with passion who actually calls the game!! His call on the Bartel after the siren kick v Hawthorn is sooooooooooo much better than the female who called it on 7.....her call was like chalk on a blackboard...horrible.

The jury is out on Stephen Wells

Out over what ???????????????

4e722eabe1cb4c31c69e0fa6e8b0a1ee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back