Now the Herald-Sun have a secret tape of Hird, Corcoran, Bomber et al?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you have evidence that Stephen Dank has breached any of Australia's drug laws, i would strongly recommend you take that evidence to the police. If you have no evidence of any broken laws then perhaps consider the deleterious effects of a libel suit against you. Dank has form in that area

Edit

Also you're wrong. Dank was charged by ASADA for breaching the code and has been banned for life. So that's another simple fact you've missed

You seem to have no problem with Stephen Dank walking away from this. Why?

This story appeared on the HS website just after 10pm Thursday night to be front page of the Friday paper (you can go back to the OP and see a photo of the paper and the 10.38 time stamp). The Penalty rate decision was handed down 11am Thursday...12 hours before the EFC story broke and personally I thought the penalty rate decision would make a good front page story, it was the same news cycle. So please don't try and change time lines through the USE OF CAPS.

So now you claiming that the HS created a 18minute long audio recording of 4 people and placed it on their website? Surely if it was fake the people in it would be going to other media and exposing them?

If you think that the penalty rate story would make a better front page than the Essendon saga, I can see that you don't what stories sell.

Penalty rates don't affect everyone, whereas more people are interested in AFL than penalty rates, so that is the story they went with. Penalty rates sells papers, AFL sells more.

No, I am claiming that they got the tape from somewhere and have held onto it until now. The media don't want this story to die, ever, so they realise it, not while it is still going (they have plenty of other things to write about already, both true and fake). They wait until the story has died, Essendon are back on the field, to dredge this up again, so that they can make more mileage from it.

It is amazing how many of you allow the media of this country to play you like a fiddle, and swallow everything they tell you about the Essendon saga without question. They write what will sell best, and keep back info, and exagerrate things for effect. You are a fool if you believe everything they tell you.

To this day, one thing that has never come out of this is not one ounce of evidence. Not one.

In fact, it was LACK of evidence that got Essendon found guilty in the Bizarro-world that CAS operate, where you are guilty until proven innocent (which you never will be proven innocent, WADA stack the deck to make sure of that).

Prove that one Essendon took anything. PROVE IT! What, you can't. Didn't think so.

But, if you want a kangaroo court to find players, who have been previously acquitted, guilty when there is no evidence, because WADA are crybabies who can't handle a verdict not going their own way, so have the appeal on their turf under their judges, to stack the deck, lest they lose face in the sporting world, just so that you can feel morally superior to athletes who are more talented than you, more famous than you, and richer than you, then I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry that most of Australian society are so massively insecure that they need those who have achieved to be dragged down to your level, because you are too lazy, stupid or scared to make something significant of your own life.

Hoping others don't win doesn't stop you being a loser.

To this day, one thing that has never come out of this is not one ounce of evidence. Not one.

In fact, it was LACK of evidence that got Essendon found guilty in the Bizarro-world that CAS operate, where you are guilty until proven innocent (which you never will be proven innocent, WADA stack the deck to make sure of that).

Prove that one Essendon took anything. PROVE IT! What, you can't. Didn't think so.

But, if you want a kangaroo court to find players, who have been previously acquitted, guilty when there is no evidence, because WADA are crybabies who can't handle a verdict not going their own way, so have the appeal on their turf under their judges, to stack the deck, lest they lose face in the sporting world, just so that you can feel morally superior to athletes who are more talented than you, more famous than you, and richer than you, then I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry that most of Australian society are so massively insecure that they need those who have achieved to be dragged down to your level, because you are too lazy, stupid or scared to make something significant of your own life.

There's stacks of evidence. What exactly are you wanting to see?

While nothing has been proven, I'm firmly of the belief that Andy tipped them off and started the ball rolling for the cover up. It was clearly intended to help EFC cover their tracks and sweep it all under the rug, and it nearly worked, but ultimately I think it hurt Essendon in the long run.
From that point of view I think the AFL screwed them, but it wasn't intentional. Had they just let ASADA come in and gather evidence and left all the legal loopholes out of it, the whole thing could have come to the same conclusion and been over with a LOT quicker.
Perfect summary! Well played, sir

You seem to have no problem with Stephen Dank walking away from this. Why?

You seem to have a problem with simple comprehension.

Dank has been dealt with as far as possible under anti-doping procedures. There is zero evidence to my knowledge that he has trafficed in illegal drugs rather than performance enhancing drugs.

How much more action against Dank can you justify? He's banned from all sports for life.

Don't give me any more crap about the AFP unless you have evidence that he's broken either federal or state laws. The police have zero role in anti-doping. They could not take any action even if they wanted to do something as they have to obey the laws as well. If you cannot, after all these years, tell the difference between doping and drug smuggling then its time you just stopped posting

It would have been funnier and more accurate if you had said there was not one shred of evidence..

4dQUszq.jpg

Prove that one Essendon took anything. PROVE IT! What, you can't. Didn't think so..
I have a mansion in DoubleBay, I have 4 cars, a speedboat and 2 Jet Skis, holiday home on Hamilton Island , no visible income.

The ATO are knocking on my door.

But I threw all of my betting slips away, even the winning ones.

The verdict?

I have a mansion in DoubleBay, I have 4 cars, a speedboat and 2 Jet Skis, holiday home on Hamilton Island , no visible income.

The verdict?

Clearly a good bloke who is in a good place.

What a nuff nuff.
I feel sorry for you as you are full of rage with no one to direct it at.
Can I ask what you have contributed to this world?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The verdict?

I don't really get this comparison. Are you saying poor bookkeeping is proof of doping?

Or, he is not willing to direct his rage at the one party who were directly to blame for this schemozzle. The ones who authorised and ran a program of chemical enhancement as a shortcut to success in place of putting in hard yards.

The verdict?

The difference is that, if you are charged with not paying your tax, you can face criminal charges. You will be taken to court, and the ATO have to PROVE that you have been evading tax. The burden of proof is on them.

In the Essendon saga, WADA had to prove nothing. They could speculate, and use the lack of evidence as proof that Essendon injected, and that was good enough for their buddies the CAS.

You would get a fair trial, they didn't.

What a nuff nuff.
Can I ask what you have contributed to this world?

I am just a working man, a lot like many of you.

The difference is, I don't direct my anger at sportspeople I have never met over something which is just speculation anyway. I don't need to see famous people fail to feel vindicated of my importance.

I don't have a lot, but I work hard, and don't make excuses. I am where I am because of some choices, and I have to live with those. But that isn't the fault of the Essendon football club.

People who go on and on bagging the lives of sportspeople must be pathetic creatures. I don't imagine people who are doctors, scientists and other important jobs coming on here. Want to know why? Because they are too busy doing their job that is making a difference to concern themselves with what some celebrity, who they have never met, is up to.

No, most who post here obviously have a lot of time on their hands. Otherwise, you would post once in a while, because you are too busy doing more important and fulfilling things.

Also, people doing these important jobs don't feel jealous of footballers who make a lot of money or have a lot of time off, because they are more concerned with their patient's diagnosis, or all the other tasks important people do.

Keyboard warriors are often not masters of their industry.

Also, do you think anyone from Essendon actually reads or cares about anything you have to say? Really? I'm sure they are losing sleep worrying that a bunch of posters on BigFooty and a pack of hack journalists are upset with them.

The fact is, the issue is over. They have served their time, the issue is dealt with. Move on. The fact that you still want to go on about this says more about your own self-esteem than anything else.

You seem to have a problem with simple comprehension.

Dank has been dealt with as far as possible under anti-doping procedures. There is zero evidence to my knowledge that he has trafficed in illegal drugs rather than performance enhancing drugs.

How much more action against Dank can you justify? He's banned from all sports for life.

Don't give me any more crap about the AFP unless you have evidence that he's broken either federal or state laws. The police have zero role in anti-doping. They could not take any action even if they wanted to do something as they have to obey the laws as well. If you cannot, after all these years, tell the difference between doping and drug smuggling then its time you just stopped posting

You say that there is zero evidence that he trafficked illegal drugs.

But there is also ZERO evidence that Essendon were injected with anything. No witnesses. No positive drug test.

The difference is, Dank, who is the real villian in this, gets away scott-free, while the more famous Essendon players and officials, who generate more headlines, get charged, because proof is needed to charge Dank under the law, but WADA make up their own rules, which contravene human rights, can just say someone is guilty, and that is good enough for everyone.

If I was Stephen Dank, I would simply move to the U.S.A., change my name, and then push the same things onto NBA, NFL and WSB players. If I got in trouble, then I would move to England, and do the same thing in English Premier League. If authorities and drug bodies are going to turn a blind eye to his activities, then he is free to do this, again and again, without consequence. And that doesn't seem to bother any of you.

WADA must love their God-like status, where they can decide at any time to charge any sportsperson with drug charges, and then play the media to go along with it (and the sports media, with their lust for money over truth, happily go along with it). They have no accountability, and any sportsperson who speaks out against them probably gets framed up for a fall.

Like I have said before, Lance Armstrong and Cadel Evans have failed the exact same number of drug tests- NIL. However, Armstrong, as a way-too-successful hated American who has pissed people off over the years, people are more than willing to lay the boots in, and say that he took drugs, without having to prove anything. Other cyclists, who have failed drug tests, get exonarated if they just say that Armstrong took drugs. Meanwhile, Cadel, who only won once, is popular with his fellow cyclists and is Australian, (and Australians NEVER use drugs, not even Alex Watson, Greg Leganis or Samantha Riley), so there is no way that Cadel won on anything but fair, even though every other Tour De France winner for the previous ten years were all caught for cheating. Funny that.

If Essendon produced paperwork, it wouldn't have mattered. WADA would ignore it, since they don't want to look fools for accusing persons and then having to acquit them. I mean, Maria Sharapova took a legally-prescribed drug from her doctor, yet WADA changed the rules, and sent an e-mail (probably to her spam folder) around Christmas, when, in the busyness of it, someone probably thought it was a Christmas card from WADA "How nice", so that they can catch a "big fish". They changed the goalposts and moved the criteria to catch someone.

You don't get how it works. Bodies like ASADA, USADA and WADA need to catch sportspeople, to justify asking for more funding. If they capture no-one, and everyone did the wrong thing, they would be forced to close, when a government makes budget cuts. So, to stay open and get funding, they trump up charges and create offences, and the media and the sporting public are more than willing and happy to turn a blind eye.

Let's keep this in perspective. Cheating in sport isn't exactly up there with murder, rape, paedophilia or terrorism.

It's more a case of "It's cheating when you didn't think of it first".

But there is also ZERO evidence that Essendon were injected with anything. No witnesses. No positive drug test.

There is plenty of evidence that the players got injected with SOMETHING. To say there's zero evidence that players were injected is lunacy. The players themselves admitted they got injected!

Lance Armstrong and Cadel Evans have failed the exact same number of drug tests - Nil

Actually Lance failed four...and cycling authorities accepted his excuse, it was caused by his hand cream.

Let's keep this in perspective. Cheating in sport isn't exactly up there with murder, rape, paedophilia or terrorism.

It's not, yet you the one whose been calling for ASADA to have police powers..

The difference is, Dank, who is the real villian in this, gets away scott-free, while the more famous Essendon players and officials, who generate more headlines, get charged, because proof is needed to charge Dank under the law, but WADA make up their own rules, which contravene human rights, can just say someone is guilty, and that is good enough for everyone.

If I was Stephen Dank, I would simply move to the U.S.A., change my name, and then push the same things onto NBA, NFL and WSB players. If I got in trouble, then I would move to England, and do the same thing in English Premier League. If authorities and drug bodies are going to turn a blind eye to his activities, then he is free to do this, again and again, without consequence. And that doesn't seem to bother any of you.

WADA must love their God-like status, where they can decide at any time to charge any sportsperson with drug charges, and then play the media to go along with it (and the sports media, with their lust for money over truth, happily go along with it). They have no accountability, and any sportsperson who speaks out against them probably gets framed up for a fall.

Like I have said before, Lance Armstrong and Cadel Evans have failed the exact same number of drug tests- NIL. However, Armstrong, as a way-too-successful hated American who has pissed people off over the years, people are more than willing to lay the boots in, and say that he took drugs, without having to prove anything. Other cyclists, who have failed drug tests, get exonarated if they just say that Armstrong took drugs. Meanwhile, Cadel, who only won once, is popular with his fellow cyclists and is Australian, (and Australians NEVER use drugs, not even Alex Watson, Greg Leganis or Samantha Riley), so there is no way that Cadel won on anything but fair, even though every other Tour De France winner for the previous ten years were all caught for cheating. Funny that.

If Essendon produced paperwork, it wouldn't have mattered. WADA would ignore it, since they don't want to look fools for accusing persons and then having to acquit them. I mean, Maria Sharapova took a legally-prescribed drug from her doctor, yet WADA changed the rules, and sent an e-mail (probably to her spam folder) around Christmas, when, in the busyness of it, someone probably thought it was a Christmas card from WADA "How nice", so that they can catch a "big fish". They changed the goalposts and moved the criteria to catch someone.

You don't get how it works. Bodies like ASADA, USADA and WADA need to catch sportspeople, to justify asking for more funding. If they capture no-one, and everyone did the wrong thing, they would be forced to close, when a government makes budget cuts. So, to stay open and get funding, they trump up charges and create offences, and the media and the sporting public are more than willing and happy to turn a blind eye.

I think you have lost the plot.
You have gone a bit haywire here.
You say no evidence, yet Dank is a villain.
Now if you were consistent, then Dank did nothing wrong, so why should he be charged with anything?

Isn't Greg Louganis American? And, I think Ancient Tiger is a Doctor. There are 28 Australian athletes on the ASADA register of findings serving suspensions of varying lengths. I don't think anyone is under the illusion the PED's aren't taken by some Australian athletes.

Last edited:

Wow, the sheer amount of dumb in this post staggers the imagination.

There is significant evidence the players were injected, including statements by the players themselves. The molecular weight assay was accepted by both WADA's and the players experts as TB 4. The evidence showed that TB4 was imported, compounded and supplied. The schedule of injections admitted by the players matched that required for TB4. Dank stated that they took TB4 only for him to withdraw it when he learned it was banned.

I could substantially add to this but I'm sure you know what you are saying is wrong, yet you continue to say dopey things and continue to be shown to be wrong

So that statement is again completely and entirely wrong.

WADA has to supply evidence to charge and they did so, so your allegations that WADA don't have to supply evidence is also verifiably false.

Armstrong did in fact fail tests but it has since emerged those failures were covered up with some very flimsy explanations, so again you are verifiably wrong.

Also if you don't think that doping is as bad as criminal offences, why are you hysterically shrieking for the AFP to charge Dank with drug peddling?

So tell me, is this your shift now that garlic phil has worn out all his other personas?

I am just a working man, a lot like many of you.

The difference is, I don't direct my anger at sportspeople I have never met over something which is just speculation anyway. I don't need to see famous people fail to feel vindicated of my importance.

I don't have a lot, but I work hard, and don't make excuses. I am where I am because of some choices, and I have to live with those. But that isn't the fault of the Essendon football club.

People who go on and on bagging the lives of sportspeople must be pathetic creatures. I don't imagine people who are doctors, scientists and other important jobs coming on here. Want to know why? Because they are too busy doing their job that is making a difference to concern themselves with what some celebrity, who they have never met, is up to.

No, most who post here obviously have a lot of time on their hands. Otherwise, you would post once in a while, because you are too busy doing more important and fulfilling things.

Also, people doing these important jobs don't feel jealous of footballers who make a lot of money or have a lot of time off, because they are more concerned with their patient's diagnosis, or all the other tasks important people do.

Keyboard warriors are often not masters of their industry.

Also, do you think anyone from Essendon actually reads or cares about anything you have to say? Really? I'm sure they are losing sleep worrying that a bunch of posters on BigFooty and a pack of hack journalists are upset with them.

The fact is, the issue is over. They have served their time, the issue is dealt with. Move on. The fact that you still want to go on about this says more about your own self-esteem than anything else.
I am here coz Bomber Thompson recorded a private conversation which sheds light on the saga which EFC denied vehemently for years.
Why are you here?
Just to put down others without any basis of fact and to make yourself feel worthwhile
Some great posts on this forum, take the time to read them and learn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back