No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit generous to Hawthorn having them as top 8 locks. They'll be lucky to win a contested ball count all year
In 2016 Hawthorn finished 18th for contested possession
differential and yet still finished top four with the double
chance, i agree with you though they are not certain
finalists this year mainly due to their age profile. Who
comes in well that is the fascinating part.

Like many of you above, I'd be shocked if the premiers come from anyone but the seven finalists from last year (minus north).

I'd actually be surprised if Geelong are up there again - Dangerfield can't play that well all year again, and their list looks worse than last year. Adelaide will get more injuries, and Hawthorn will miss Mitchell too much in the heat of finals.

The two Sydney teams, plus the dogs and WC for me.

As much as I hate to say it I wouldn't write off those cheating Essendonians. If they can get their mental s**t together and their midfield gel they have quite a scary spine.

Agreed - the Dons are a real mystery bag. How will an insane desire to prove something stake up against so many of their best players missing a season?

There's so many bad special comments people in the afl but none are worse than Tony Shaw.

Are the Dees the real deal this season?

They have been playing a young guy who on multiple occasions was so wasted he needed to be carried out of a club to a cab. He turned up to preseason training 8kg+ more than playing weight. He gets to play!
Then they dropped Watts for not putting in enough effort.... it's too late for him now, has cruised for too many years. Goodwin/Roos needed to do that years ago but were afraid he would leave. It's like the dogs of the 90's, the stars got away with poor standards.
Something is still really wrong with the culture in that team. So many of my mates are Dees fans/former players, I hope they can get it right but it won't be this year. Maybe lump to final eight this year but doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan griffen endorses this

You mean the guy that stood up to the club about the treatment the then "coach" was giving the senior players and then decided to leave after they ignored him for a year?

The same guy who is the catalyst for us sacking the old "coach" and is getting Bev as coach?

Yep that's the bloke we want to be calling spineless. I actually think he is a god dame hero and will shake his hand firmly and thank him if I ever get the pleasure of meetin Him again.

You mean the guy that stood up to the club about the treatment the then "coach" was giving the senior players and then decided to leave after they ignored him for a year?

The same guy who is the catalyst for us sacking the old "coach" and is getting Bev as coach?

Yep that's the bloke we want to be calling spineless. I actually think he is a god dame hero and will shake his hand firmly and thank him if I ever get the pleasure of meetin Him again.
I cant believe people defend griffen. Mind boggling.

I'd spit in his eye. And you can take that to the bank.
His actions almost cost us a club the piece of *en excrement he is, my only consolation is the pain he must be feeling watching us win a flag last year. It's entirely fitting that he has back problems considering his lack of spine.

I'd spit in his eye. And you can take that to the bank.
His actions almost cost us a club the piece of ****en excrement he is, my only consolation is the pain he must be feeling watching us win a flag last year. It's entirely fitting that he has back problems considering his lack of spine.

He did try and tell the club to remove Macca. The club kept not listening. Then he walked out. Club then investigated and found he was right. Too late, he wouldn't take their call.
Yes he is hurting and I use to hate him. BUT he tried to do the right thing by us, particularly by choosing the Giants over the Swans.

Are the Dees the real deal this season?
The example they are making on training standards using a player
coming off his best season (Jack Watts) says they are the real
deal, watch out for Christian Petracca could be in for a break
out year. It all swings on Max Gawn though, must stay healthy
and the new ruck rules will benefit.

He did try and tell the club to remove Macca. The club kept not listening. Then he walked out. Club then investigated and found he was right. Too late, he wouldn't take their call.
Yes he is hurting and I use to hate him. BUT he tried to do the right thing by us, particularly by choosing the Giants over the Swans.
That's some fantastic revisionist history. He was the captain and best player of our club, he directly lied to our club president, ceo, and Chris Grant saying he would work with said coach, then he came back from holiday having been in talks with the Giants the entire season notified the club through management after the GWS account had already tweeted his desire to move to them, then he went "hunting" unable to be reached or talked into going to another club for a better deal, killing our dealing hand. Do the right thing for us my ******* arse!

He was weak, spineless, stupid and could've killed us off. That Gordon was such a great operator does not absolve him of what he almost did.

Ryan Griffen leaving was a blessing. I remember hearing the news. I was shocked. I was also over the moon. Not because he wanted to leave, but because he chose the Giants. I knew something good was coming back the other way. I also remember hearing that Boyd had nominated us and feeling like a kid on Christmas morning.

I was disappointed that Macartney fell on his sword. Not because he was leaving. But if you'll remember, our club had just completed an extensive review of the coaching department, made some changes internally and released that message to us, the fans. So him leaving made our club look stupid at best, incompetent at worst.

I don't dislike Griffen for leaving. He didn't like the coach, obviously didn't like being captain. The club has said that they had a meeting with Ryan about the coaching and asked him if everything was ok after that. He told Chris Grant that everything was fine and went on holiday.

I dislike Griffen because he lied. I dislike Griffen because he left when the going got tough, a coward, much like Higgins. I dislike Ryan because he went pig shooting and was unreachable whilst holding the club to ransom.

Of course, we've heard our club's side of things and not Ryan's but Ryan hasn't said anything to the contrary so until we get his unscripted version of things, I'll believe the club.

Mitchell is one of the best ball hunters in the comp. I think he along with Roughead and O'Meara change them dramatically.

I don't think Hill or Lewis were that big of a loss, either. Sam Mitchell was the killer.

Their midfield really fell away after Lewis & Sam Mitchell last year. There's a reason they emptied the draft pick cupboard this year and next to get Tom Mitchell & O'Meara. Both the ins are good but have serious question marks, Tom Mitchell without the big 4 (Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Jack) doing the grunt work and O'Meara with years out of the game with serious injuries

Hill will hurt them as well, and Roughead has been battling his way back to health. They're a top 8 contender but too many question marks to be a lock for mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back