MLB 2017 Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

LA Dodgers receive Logan Forsythe
Tampa Bay Rays receive Jorge DeLeon

Rays organizational pitching consists of Chris Archer, Alex Cobb, Alex Colome, Jake Odorizzi, Brent Honeywell, Blake Snell, Jorge DeLeon. Damn, one or 2 of them could be traded (Odorizzi? Snell? Honeywell maybe? But probably not) but wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rays organizational pitching consists of Chris Archer, Alex Cobb, Alex Colome, Jake Odorizzi, Brent Honeywell, Blake Snell, Jorge DeLeon. Damn, one or 2 of them could be traded (Odorizzi? Snell? Honeywell maybe? But probably not) but wow.

The fact that DeLeon will probably get the fifth spot on the rotation says a lot about the quality of some of these guys. AAA needs starters too...

There's no chance that Snell gets traded now...Cobb would be my guess now that he is fit again.

I read that Houston offered a bit for Archer, but we said no. I think we will have Archer for one more year and then he will be on his way unfortunately.

There's no chance that Snell gets traded now...Cobb would be my guess now that he is fit again.

I agree. Cobb is a FA after 2017, so I'd say he could be dealt closer to the deadline to a contending team.

I read that Houston offered a bit for Archer, but we said no. I think we will have Archer for one more year and then he will be on his way unfortunately.

That's going to take one heck of an offer. He's one Baseball's best pitcher. If TB can keep all these guys you would have one of the best rotations in Baseball. Unfortunately ( I'd take Honeywell or Archer on the Cubs though haha), it doesn't seem likely.

Carter was dirt cheap

Further proving that being able to hit the long ball to go along with a .218 career batting average, 3.1 WAR over a 7 year career and -19 DRS rating over his career isn't enough to get paid more than Chris Coghlan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This off season feels like it's gone forever :(

Also, I'm sick of the ******* Tebow updates.

I want proper Baseball back damn it. It doesn't help that Spring Training started earlier than usual this year, either. :p

On the topic of Tebow, he will never make it to the Majors. He will just never be good enough to make it. It's not like Matt Bush, who was reckless and lost years off his career and now he's in the Majors with Texas after all those years away from the game. He IS a Baseball player and has always been a very capable one too. You don't lose that sort of talent. Tim Tebow is trying to forge a career from scratch, at 29, in perhaps the most difficult sport in the world. Yeah, good luck with that.

At the current rate with the media, he might just be the most famous Minor league player in the history of the game.

Last edited:
I want proper Baseball back damn it. It doesn't help that Spring Training started earlier than usual this year, either. :p

On the topic of Tebow, he will never make it to the Majors. He will just never be good enough to make it. It's not like Matt Bush, who was reckless and lost years off his career and now he's in the Majors with Texas after all those years away from the game. He IS a Baseball player and has always been a very capable one too. You don't lose that sort of talent. Tim Tebow is trying to forge a career from scratch, at 29, in perhaps the most difficult sport in the world. Yeah, good luck with that.

At the current rate with the media, he might just be the most famous Minor league player in the history of the game.

Haha yeah spring training is why I've started itching for it again haha.

Completely agree RE Tebow. His hitting is average at best.

I can't believe he's 29 though! Thought he was younger than that.

After Jordan

After Jordan

Don't remind me. The Bulls probably would've won 8 titles in a row if not for Jordan's brilliant decision to play Baseball in Alabama.

Last edited:
Yasiel Puig finally did something hit a home run in spring training and the media is going berserk about it. He even did a bat flip...ah jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know who might be broadcasting the WBC 2017 in Australia, if anyone? MLB.TV are showing it but they say it's US Only. Seems weird when anyone around the world can watch live MLB games on MLB.TV.

To run the mlb.tv app on ps4 you need an american psn account, and give your location as living in america. I have a feeling it might work still

Remove this Banner Ad

Back