Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
G'day,

I'm looking at chucking a few possessions into a storage box soon. I'll be keeping things in there for six or seven, possibly up to ten months, so somewhere with flexibility is good. I don't care where the stuff is as the only time it'll need accessing is when it's pulled back out again.

I really only need 3 square metres, or thereabouts: just some boxes with clothes and personal items, a few washing machine sized white good, a mattress and that's really it. Just the size most single people would need.

It'd be nice if the place did a free pick up. I believe I saw one (yellow and black, or some sort of brightly coloured tones? – not National Storage) that did this.

From my preliminary 'research' it seems $120-odd a month is the going rate for this.

Can anyone recommend a company?

Obviously looking for the best, lowest price while still having some blokes who won't smash my s**t...

Cheers.

G'day,

I'm looking at chucking a few possessions into a storage box soon. I'll be keeping things in there for six or seven, possibly up to ten months, so somewhere with flexibility is good. I don't care where the stuff is as the only time it'll need accessing is when it's pulled back out again.

I really only need 3 square metres, or thereabouts: just some boxes with clothes and personal items, a few washing machine sized white good, a mattress and that's really it. Just the size most single people would need.

It'd be nice if the place did a free pick up. I believe I saw one (yellow and black, or some sort of brightly coloured tones? – not National Storage) that did this.

From my preliminary 'research' it seems $120-odd a month is the going rate for this.

Can anyone recommend a company?

Obviously looking for the best, lowest price while still having some blokes who won't smash my s**t...

Cheers.
Thats what your Dads shed is for.

I have one about 1.5 X 2.5 and about 3m high. Think they are pretty much all the same deal and you just pay by the month, as long as you pay your stuff is safe, if you dont pay part of the contract allows them to cut your lock and sell your stuff to get their money. Mine is $105 a month and you can buy insurance for $1 per $1000 of value. I think the insurance is stupidly low because you cant get into the joints with out a personal security code and there is cameras everywhere. They dont do the moving part but they have a van and mini-truck that can lend for free so long as you put $10 of petrol in it just before you take it back. If your heading O/S I wouldnt recommend mine because he doesnt allow direct debit for some reason, maybe fees or something, get emailed an invoice every month with 10 days to pay. I'd pick one close to where you are because you dont want to be moving stuff across the city just to save $10-15. You can also get those smartbox/taxibox things where they bring the container to your place, you pack it and then they pick it up and take it to a warehouse somewhere.

I have one about 1.5 X 2.5 and about 3m high. Think they are pretty much all the same deal and you just pay by the month, as long as you pay your stuff is safe, if you dont pay part of the contract allows them to cut your lock and sell your stuff to get their money. Mine is $105 a month and you can buy insurance for $1 per $1000 of value. I think the insurance is stupidly low because you cant get into the joints with out a personal security code and there is cameras everywhere. They dont do the moving part but they have a van and mini-truck that can lend for free so long as you put $10 of petrol in it just before you take it back. If your heading O/S I wouldnt recommend mine because he doesnt allow direct debit for some reason, maybe fees or something, get emailed an invoice every month with 10 days to pay. I'd pick one close to where you are because you dont want to be moving stuff across the city just to save $10-15. You can also get those smartbox/taxibox things where they bring the container to your place, you pack it and then they pick it up and take it to a warehouse somewhere.

I guess they tend to Invoice as they probably want you to default so that they can sell your stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back