Perfect long term relationships that go sour

Remove this Banner Ad

Give your daughter time, she'll come around. I was 12 when my parents split and it messed with me for years. My dad and I are super close now and have dinner together every Sunday, and have for about the last 10 years.
thanks! :thumbsu:

I thought I was the cool sort, no problems, everyone has a sexual history sort - everyone can be friends.

I now know that I am a psycho who would fantasise about clawing the eyes out of a stranger because I found out they once had sex with someone I also had been with.

I hide it behind a smile. I need the illusion of exclusivity even if the reality was that he was helping with something for my girlfriend and I and free to live his own life.

The poor lady, she doesn't even know how much I burn to destroy her.

I thought I was the cool sort, but I'm a psycho.

fair call, it's my free pass too!

me and loz have just ticked over 3 months. everythings going beautifully. we see each other 6 days a week now. she comes up to see me a couple of times a week, I do the same, and we alternate weekends. her son thinks she's found a keeper in me. we get on well, which makes me a loz even easier.

new issue is that my daughter is going through a phase where she is blaming me and her mother for her unhappiness because we aren't together anymore. she refuses to talk to me, won't answer texts etc. doesn't help that I don't see her regularly because fo the distance between me and them. I hope its just a phase, but I'm trying all I can to reach out to her. Sent her a care package last week with some fun crafty things to do which apparently were well received.

still hurts that I can't seem to do anything to fix it. bloody teenage girls..
My sisters (14 and 15) are the same.
Haven't spoken to my dad in about 8 months now. I don't think my dads doing anything to fix it tho.. Not that there's much he can do to change their minds.

I don't understand why teenage girls get so emo about it for.. The earth still spins, they still get meals and a roof over their heads. And they can still see him.

I thought I was the cool sort, no problems, everyone has a sexual history sort - everyone can be friends.

I now know that I am a psycho who would fantasise about clawing the eyes out of a stranger because I found out they once had sex with someone I also had been with.

I hide it behind a smile. I need the illusion of exclusivity even if the reality was that he was helping with something for my girlfriend and I and free to live his own life.

fair call, it's my free pass too!

me and loz have just ticked over 3 months. everythings going beautifully. we see each other 6 days a week now. she comes up to see me a couple of times a week, I do the same, and we alternate weekends. her son thinks she's found a keeper in me. we get on well, which makes me a loz even easier.

new issue is that my daughter is going through a phase where she is blaming me and her mother for her unhappiness because we aren't together anymore. she refuses to talk to me, won't answer texts etc. doesn't help that I don't see her regularly because fo the distance between me and them. I hope its just a phase, but I'm trying all I can to reach out to her. Sent her a care package last week with some fun crafty things to do which apparently were well received.

still hurts that I can't seem to do anything to fix it. bloody teenage girls..

She's grieving

work on taking her out somewhere nice for a bite to eat ...build the relationship with her again

Sometimes non verbal forms of love work better too ..ignore the anger towards you ...it's not you it's the situation she's peeved at...at least she's expressing how she feels ....let her let off steam

I work with youth as a drug counsellor and you gotta let them express their emotions

Give your daughter time, she'll come around. I was 12 when my parents split and it messed with me for years. My dad and I are super close now and have dinner together every Sunday, and have for about the last 10 years.

Yup I was 13 ...and *en angry ...apparently I'm ok now lol.....

Robyn and I are going well

Kids met yesterday for takeaway and bounce on trampoline then a movie

She has one 5 year old daughter who is a foster child. Oddly I knew the mum and the child was removed 5 years ago when I was counselling in a different role. The odds of that occurring are low. The child has been raised really well.

Robyn also survived cancer and is reseliant. She's a tough cookie.

Spent yesterday on the beach as I had a day off. She's a gem. Gorgeous body too and a nice brain. Funny.

Moving along nicely

Billy Ray update...
Been laying low on the dating front, have been busy with work, kids back at school and odd jobs around the house i want done before the footy starts (so i dont feel guilty when i start watching 6-7 games per round come end March).

Anyway, matched with a lovely lady on tinder a few nights ago. Messaged quite a bit, got numbers, texted and spoke on phone yesterday, and this morning met for coffee. Went really well and we are meeting after work for dinner and she wants me to pick her up from hers.. nice..

Oh. As well as a good office based day job, she is a tantric yoga instructor and other tantric stuff educator.......

I cant stuff this one up... happy thoughts for me please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean the illusion? You mean you said and went along with one thing and meant another? Or were misled somehow and can't wear it?

Am been set up. Curious and open minded but not enthused. Made when questioned the mistake of telling someone I'd like to meet someone and am now being chucked offers. (Sounds good in theory but can't help thinking am just being chucked whoever). Happy to go out with anyone really but can't be stuffed with the whole dating ritual game play.

What do you mean the illusion? You mean you said and went along with one thing and meant another? Or were misled somehow and can't wear it?

That my brain knew it was something and my heart was filling another need in the background so when I found out about another woman on the scene my heart came bursting through like a bus through the living room wall with a big smoke cloud of jealousy.

I was found out standing by myself thinking "where did this psycho come from?"

I'm really confused. You have a gf but like another guy and are pissed because he had a root before you?

Billy Ray update...
Been laying low on the dating front, have been busy with work, kids back at school and odd jobs around the house i want done before the footy starts (so i dont feel guilty when i start watching 6-7 games per round come end March).

Anyway, matched with a lovely lady on tinder a few nights ago. Messaged quite a bit, got numbers, texted and spoke on phone yesterday, and this morning met for coffee. Went really well and we are meeting after work for dinner and she wants me to pick her up from hers.. nice..

Oh. As well as a good office based day job, she is a tantric yoga instructor and other tantric stuff educator.......

I cant stuff this one up... happy thoughts for me please.

all aboard the billy ray train - hope all goes well.

love your priorties - 6-7 games of footy per week - can't wait either !

Just checking in. Dinner was just ok. I gota bit bored tbh but stuck it out as i wanted some action. Back to hers, invite in, yada yada, was ok. Yeh. Just ok.

Given id lost interest during dinner (wasnt as much in common etc as i had thought) ive let it go. Despite the prospects for some tantric fun and games.

Just checking in. Dinner was just ok. I gota bit bored tbh but stuck it out as i wanted some action. Back to hers, invite in, yada yada, was ok. Yeh. Just ok.

Given id lost interest during dinner (wasnt as much in common etc as i had thought) ive let it go. Despite the prospects for some tantric fun and games.

Hmm fair enough

Robyn update

Going strong ...yup love this chick

We like doing things together ...like beach, boogie boarding, cooking and painting

The sex is fab and she does it for me. Instantly I see her I get turned on.

She's everything I'd want ....big family lunch tomorrow ...where I get to meet her brother and other family

She's great with kids and I trust her and our kids get along well ..she has one daughter. We are planning a trip to Vietnam in Septembe. Weekend away with all of us in Perth next weekend staying at a resort.

Life is so good

Got a two year contract extsneion on my ocntract. Yes I'm a drug counsellor but I'm contracted by a federal health dept ...that news came through Friday. Life is so sweet I have to pinch myself ...8 months ago life was s**t

They have also a co worker for me as I simply couldn't keep up the case loads ...stress was huge

Mick Malthouse once said sometimes in life you're the bug and sometimes you're the windscreen

Guess what I'm squashing bugs and man it's fun

Am been set up. Curious and open minded but not enthused. Made when questioned the mistake of telling someone I'd like to meet someone and am now being chucked offers. (Sounds good in theory but can't help thinking am just being chucked whoever). Happy to go out with anyone really but can't be stuffed with the whole dating ritual game play.

Complete opposite of my experience when I've asked around like that. Got absolute donuts.

Got canned. Probably for the best. I'm not putting the shout out for a while now anyway.

I'm too screwed up at the minute anyway. Need to get a few things in my life in order.

Ya know I think it's ok to have fun .....the fun of being with someone has helped me sort my life out

Provides a distraction plus good sex and fun is the best anti depressant known to man

I'm going through some stuff with ex around money and settlement and yes it's tense at times

But when when I walke up next to Robyn amd we laugh and have coffee then go stand up paddle boarding all the stress of dealing with ex stuff goes away. The stuff doesn't go away but the stress does

I think the key is not to overburden the new partner which I don't but I do talk about it but not too much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back