Past Jarrod Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

So Pickett's foot must be alright if he is training
r0_0_594_387_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Maybe Juddy lent him this beast.

Was pleasantly surprised by a few things about this bloke while standing in the outer at Casey:
  • Disposal by hand and foot is very clean and quite crisp.
  • Both the goals he got were gimmes, but you get the feeling "he knows where they are" and his kicking action is quite pure (by footy standards) and has penetration. Not a lot to go wrong here.
  • Didn't have many disposals, but when he did get it he always did something with it.
  • Flew for a mark against 2 bigger opponents, one whom approached from the front of the contest. There was no use of feet or knees for protection, just flew with eyes only on the ball. While he didn't take the mark, his efforts brought the ball to ground which eventually resulted in a Casboult goal.
  • He's looks a bit bigger in real life than I thought he'd be based upon his training photos.
  • Has a good standing vertical leap.
  • Suspect he can play taller than his size would suggest.
  • Bloody quick when he puts the afterburners on.
  • Capable of finding his own ball.
Things he needs to improve:
  • Needs to improve his endurance and build a tank. Was pretty much cooked after 10 or so minutes of action and went around on half rat power thereafter.
  • Needs to work on the defensive side of his game (as do the other 25 players we fielded).
  • Needs to get his hands on the ball more often.
Much to like here, but will need to address a few areas before he'll become a regular senior selection. Two of those areas he can address immediately himself, so then it becomes an issue of how much and how fast he wants it.

Still 3 weeks till the start of the season. Could he do a Sumner and debut early in the season.

Bolts doesn't seem shy about playing a guy before they've reach peak fitness.

Sumner didn't play in the preseason so that would be a yes

Was pleasantly surprised by a few things about this bloke while standing in the outer at Casey:
  • Both the goals he got were gimmes, but you get the feeling "he knows where they are" and his kicking action is quite pure (by footy standards) and has penetration. Not a lot to go wrong here.
  • Didn't have many disposals, but when he did get it he always did something with it.
  • Flew for a mark against 2 bigger opponents, one whom approached from the front of the contest. There was no use of feet or knees for protection, just flew with eyes only on the ball. While he didn't take the mark, his efforts brought the ball to ground which eventually resulted in a Casboult goal.
  • He's looks a bit bigger in real life than I thought he'd be based upon his training photos.
  • Needs to improve his endurance and build a tank. Was pretty much cooked after 10 or so minutes of action and went around on half rat power thereafter.
  • Needs to work on the defensive side of his game (as do the other 25 players we fielded).
Much to like here, but will need to address a few areas before he'll become a regular senior selection. Two of those areas he can address immediately himself, so then it becomes an issue of how much and how fast he wants it.
yeah! I just watched the second half again and he was getting into good positions for spoils and running past contests. Got the nouse and the speed, and with a bit more fitness and familiarity with teammates and game plan, reckon Picketty is gunna be good this year, and even better next.

There are a few small forwards who get gimmes.. Frustrating but it shows they know where to be...

We lacked it last year.

The first goal was no gimme if advantage wasn't paid. Levi would be about 20% from that angle with the wind out at Casey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart players make goals seem like gimmes by getting into the right position to receive the ball.

After our dearth of goals the past few years...
Oi.......I don't remember saying there were anything wrong with gimmes. A goal is a goal is a goal.

I wish people wouldn't down play everything.

It was only a gimme after he tunnelled out of the prison, climbed over the barbed wire and avoided the snipers.
Love your work passmark

I think because of his recent injury issues and the stage of his development coming back from these injuries it makes sense he starts as a FP. In time who knows where he will end up.

Fair enough too. You could see it in his gane against melb, he was very careful in his approach.
Hopefully he gets a good run without injury and he free's up and plays to his natural instincts.
Reckon he will be very dangerous. There's a bit of Nicky Winmar about him for mine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back