News New Jumpers for 2017 - All changes in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“As I have said to (Gold Coast chairman) Tony Cochrane, if you wear the red-and-gold jumper it will be the last time we will play you in China. It is up to you."
Probably because Port won't go back once everyone in China is a Suns fan.

Team colours definitely matter , and if Gold Coast go ahead and wear Red/Yellow, many people in China will embrace them
The Eagles' colours were one of the minor reasons why I chose them over Freo as a kid (Even though I live/d much closer to Freo than Subiaco) because I love Blue/Gold as a combination
My decision would've been a little tougher if Freo had embraced purple in the early 00s (as opposed to all 4 colours) , as purple is actually my favourite colour

And Koch is now demanding the AFL intervene, recognising the fight over jumpers is tainting the build-up to the historic match in China.

“The AFL is going to have to rule on it because it is distracting on the absolute historic event this China game is all about, ” Koch said on radio FIVEaa this morning.

Isn't he the only one still talking about this and "tainting the build-up"?

Credit where credit is due with Port doing the ground work to get the game into China, but you can't carry on with threats if you're to have a serious future in this venture. And even with his logic in saying “we have bought all rights to this game as if we are the home club”, when GC play Port in Adelaide, they wear their red and gold uniform anyway.

I've always wanted my own Eddie McGuire (and, let's face it, so does every club) so i'm fine with it. It's all posturing but ultimately it will allow us to adjust some other part of the deal to suit ourselves.

Make no mistake though, this is a completely Port Adelaide engineered deal that Gold Coast have done very well out of, and Kochie would have considerable power in determining who we play in the same game next year.

Team colours definitely matter , and if Gold Coast go ahead and wear Red/Yellow, many people in China will embrace them
The Eagles' colours were one of the minor reasons why I chose them over Freo as a kid (Even though I live/d much closer to Freo than Subiaco) because I love Blue/Gold as a combination
My decision would've been a little tougher if Freo had embraced purple in the early 00s (as opposed to all 4 colours) , as purple is actually my favourite colour
It's the exact same reason for me. Being a cricket mad Sri Lankan kid, the eagles colours were the same as the Sri Lankan cricket colours . At the time I was living in freo as well.

Maybe people should just realise our little game is not going to pick up momentum overseas. China is just a wanky experiment to try and one-up St Kilda. It won't work, Koch just has a huge ego (Port fans to get all bent out of shape in 3-2-...) and essentially a lot of this s**t is to get free holidays or their name in the paper. It's just dumb and why people care at all is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd actually laugh if suns get wear their home. Koche really wants to be the poor man's macguire and cannot even push over a club that has basically no bargaining power

I'm still not seeing the problem that Port has other than Gold Coast having the same colours as China. In a normal game, it would've still been Port in all black and GC in their home strip. Whys it any different? Plus it's a GC home game so they're already meant to wear their home strip.

It's the exact same reason for me. Being a cricket mad Sri Lankan kid, the eagles colours were the same as the Sri Lankan cricket colours . At the time I was living in freo as well.
As good a reason as any
As I have mentioned elsewhere, Cousins was still a major reason
But the Blue/Gold combination helped (as I kid, we had to *frame/put borders around* our work and I often picked that combination because I have always thought that they look great together!)
If I lived in Melbourne rather than Perth, I might've been tempted to pick Collingwood due to their colours (which are the same as New Zealand's .
I have never disliked them as much as most people do. Many Victorian and even some non-Victorian teams behind them.

Wearing an away jumper for 1 game in another country is completely different to being asked to never wear the jumper your club wore for 100 years ever again.

But if it was up to me Port would be in Prison Bars and Gold Coast would wear whatever jumper they wish.

Dog's training gear in action including the white version which wasn't released on the club website:
C5fNuW0UsAAGkuo.jpg

C5fNmKmUwAAY9bz.jpg

Koch just sounds desperate now.

No mention of a clause in the contract now, so I take that as we have stuffed up and we hope the AFL will help us out because we are helping them break into China.

Perhaps they should realise that the only reason they excepted the loss of home game is because they saw the red and gold as a marketing opportunity to them as well.

GWS have minimum games in Canberra and Sydney, Gabba will not except anything less than 11 home games, so my question is if they kick Gold Coast out, who else would put their hand up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back