Prediction Best 22, Round 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda at Etihad is the one time I miss Howe's intercept marking.

Had we not choked in 2015, Howe would be remembered as a hero having nailed that difficult set shot to put us in front in the dying stages.

Had we not choked in 2015, Howe would be remembered as a hero having nailed that difficult set shot to put us in front in the dying stages.
Simon Eishold says hi

Revised Best 22,
I will try not to be biased AF, (Im notoriously bad because of that)

B. Jetta. Omac Frost

HB Lewis, Tmac, Vince

C. Tyson. Brayshaw. Salem

HF. Petrecca. Weed. Watts

FF VandenBerg. Hogan. Jeffy

R Gawn. Jones. Viney

INTERCHANGE Hunt.Kent. Oliver. Stretch
EMG. Bugg. Harmes. Smith (Really Solid 2 games from "Son of Shaun"

Smith is every bit the prospect this season that Hunt was last season. No point delaying the inevitable, he's going to be a gun.
Lets play him.

I will buy every person here in this thread a beer if he takes a hanger on Riewoldt.

I'll stump up for two beers if we also win.

Lets play him.

I will buy every person here in this thread a beer if he takes a hanger on Riewoldt.

Commenting just for the beers.

Seems convenient that I'll be down the next week for our first home game doesn't it ... almost like it's meant to be.

Lets play him.

And what about if we win but Smith doesnt take a hanger?

And what about if we win but Smith doesnt take a hanger?
Dunno.

I think the deal requires Smith taking a hanger on Riewoldt. The win thing is me making it interesting multi-bet style.

The most exciting thing is our age...

Petracca - 21
Brayshaw - 21
Oliver - 19
Salem- 21
Hogan - 22
Tyson - 23
Viney - 22
Weideman - 19
Hunt - 21
O-mac - 20
Stretch - 20

The list goes on... imagine in 3 years if we keep all those guys together
Meanwhile I'm a 22 year old undergraduate student well past my prime. How do I become an MFC player?

Meanwhile I'm a 22 year old undergraduate student well past my prime. How do I become an MFC player?

When do you turn 23?

Let me go and consult the local caravan salesman.. Ill get back to you

When do you turn 23?

Let me go and consult the local caravan salesman.. Ill get back to you
Yes, i'm 23 in september! A perfect addition i could make for a finals campaign. Give me a ring MFC

My new 22, assuming Garlett/Kent/VDB don't play.

FB: Jetta OMac Frost
HB: Hunt TMac Hibberd
C: Stretch Tyson Vince
HF: Salem Hogan Lewis
FF: Petracca Weideman Watts
FOLL: Gawn Jones Viney
I/C: Melksham Oliver Harmes Brayshaw

Going to need goals from midfield and 7+ from Hogan/Watts/Weed to be any chance of kicking a winning score. Also not 100% sure we'll get the forward pressure we need to beat the Saints, we'll need our midfield to be well on top all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like the club may try and rush one of Garlett or Kent back if they can. However if both miss, given that JKH now can't play, BenKen would just about have to be assured a spot in the forward line assuming he's fit.

We do need at least one quick crumber up forward. I could even see Nibbler trying to do a Kent-type role while it wouldn't surprise me if they threw Dion Johnstone in if he has a good JLT4. He's highly rated internally apparently.

I feel like the club may try and rush one of Garlett or Kent back if they can. However if both miss, given that JKH now can't play, BenKen would just about have to be assured a spot in the forward line assuming he's fit.

We do need at least one quick crumber up forward. I could even see Nibbler trying to do a Kent-type role while it wouldn't surprise me if they threw Dion Johnstone in if he has a good JLT4. He's highly rated internally apparently.
BenKen is supposed to be approaching full fitness, last I heard he was aiming for JTL4, so could be just in time. I'd go Harmes as the other small-ish forward, has always been reasonable down there from memory, has more just been pushed out by others who are better.

Would be happy to give Johnstone another crack in JTL4, but based on last week, he's not there yet.

We also have enough midfield depth now to cover small forwards by throwing blokes like Viney, Dom, Vince forward.. if it comes to that

We also have enough midfield depth now to cover small forwards by throwing blokes like Viney, Dom, Vince forward.. if it comes to that

Viney forward wouldn't be a bad idea because he'd put on extreme pressure on the ground balls, I actually like that as an emergency move.

Out of all our mids I'd like the guys who rotate forward to be Viney, Lewis and Salem. Viney as I said above and the skills of Lewis and Salem would be great to have in the front half.

Viney forward wouldn't be a bad idea because he'd put on extreme pressure on the ground balls, I actually like that as an emergency move.

Out of all our mids I'd like the guys who rotate forward to be Viney, Lewis and Salem. Viney as I said above and the skills of Lewis and Salem would be great to have in the front half.

If Viney could improve his set shot kicking he'd be super dangerous... seems to know how to get on the end of it forward but lacks the polish to finish... but yeah no defender wants to try and clear the ball with Viney coming at them.. its basically Dean Kent on roids

All these injured small forwards isn't great news, but damn it's a whole lot better than having a raft of midfield injuries and having to scratch around looking for replacements.

Has ANB been mentioned as a replacement? Obviously he would rather be in the team as a midfielder, but he still has a role to play as a forward for now given our current midfield depth.

The HS article on Gawn indicates Spencer is a big chance to play as Goodwin may be keen on two rucks. Personally I don't like the idea. Gawn can play up forward but if he isn't clunking marks it's hard for him to win ground balls as agile
as he is. And Spencer isn't a great forward option.

ANB would bring that forward pressure at least...

I'm actually warming to the idea of 2 rucks if it means Gawn goes forward and Hogan works up the ground more. Only thing would be then do we still need weid in the side
Are you assuming Watts plays or not? I'd say no Weid under normal circumstances. But with all of this jack watts uncertainty, one or the other would play I'd think.

I'm actually warming to the idea of 2 rucks if it means Gawn goes forward and Hogan works up the ground more. Only thing would be then do we still need weid in the side
I love the muss but I worry about our forward line pressure if we are playing two rucks. You would need to be scoring very efficiently or the ball would be getting cleared too easily and we'd be bleeding goals on the rebound. Something we are all very familiar with. I don't think Weid or Pedo could play in a side with Muss and Gawn though.
I reckon it's being seriously considered to try and protect Gawn a little. He is our most critical player and I don't think we can ask him to ruck 80% of every game. He will break down and he is the one we can least afford for that to happen to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back