West Ham United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yesterday's game confirmed a couple of things.

1 - Desperately need a top flight RB. Don't think Bilic thinks Byram is good enough defensively for the Premier League. We've been linked to Zabaleta and Sagna as short - term options, but it'd be great to finally find someone who can hold down the position long term.

Top 2 targets for mine would probably be Vrsajko from Atletico Madrid (pipe dream because he's starting there), otherwise Cedric from Southampton, who I think is pretty underrated and would be a good target. Trippier might be decent, but Levy would never sell him to us.

2 - Antonio has all the attributes to be a good striker. The problem is he makes runs out wide and then he's the one who tries to make crosses in etc. so we have no-one on the end of it. Carroll and Sakho are obviously ideal, but they're never fit. We'd be 10 points better off if we had Lukaku playing for us this season. So I'm not sure if we should target another striker, it has to be someone who's physical enough to hold the ball up (so not Callieri), still pacy enough to make runs in behind defences, but can still score 10 - 15 goals a season at a minimum. Who'd that'd be who we could target realistically, I'm not sure, Rondon for WBA maybe?

Yesterday's game confirmed a couple of things.

1 - Desperately need a top flight RB. Don't think Bilic thinks Byram is good enough defensively for the Premier League. We've been linked to Zabaleta and Sagna as short - term options, but it'd be great to finally find someone who can hold down the position long term.

Top 2 targets for mine would probably be Vrsajko from Atletico Madrid (pipe dream because he's starting there), otherwise Cedric from Southampton, who I think is pretty underrated and would be a good target. Trippier might be decent, but Levy would never sell him to us.

2 - Antonio has all the attributes to be a good striker. The problem is he makes runs out wide and then he's the one who tries to make crosses in etc. so we have no-one on the end of it. Carroll and Sakho are obviously ideal, but they're never fit. We'd be 10 points better off if we had Lukaku playing for us this season. So I'm not sure if we should target another striker, it has to be someone who's physical enough to hold the ball up (so not Callieri), still pacy enough to make runs in behind defences, but can still score 10 - 15 goals a season at a minimum. Who'd that'd be who we could target realistically, I'm not sure, Rondon for WBA maybe?
Carroll is the key. Keep him fit and we are a different team and he can be close to world class as a tall centre forward.

Unfortunately nobody's ever been able to figure out how to keep him fit long term, just kind of have to put up with his niggles now.

Thoughts on the new signings ?
I think the ones we've made and the ones that are supposed to be coming this week should have us cautiously optimistic. I think Wilshere is an absolute steal, as long as he stays fit of course which he has for the last two seasons although this is West Ham we're talking about.

I think a manager of Pellegrini's stature helps with the signings because with him we finally have a manager who has the record and respect to challenge the board and get what he thinks he needs.

We're just too lackadaisical under Pellegrini IMO.

When say Felipe Anderson runs forward with pace we look good, but that doesn't happen often enough. And Anderson goes missing too much.

The left side and center midfield are the biggest areas for concern currently. I think we have to look at playing 5-3-2, or 5-3-1-1. Masuaku and Fredericks would be better as wing backs, Wilshere can't play in a 2 man midfield. I think we need to get Declan Rice back into the team somewhere.

The problem is we have too many wide forwards ATM. I wished we signed Seri instead of say Yarmolenko.

I think they’ve run out of excuses as well now.

In the past it was always a problem with the owners, money spent, the manager or the players but all of that seems fine on paper.

We’ve also been in and could have won three of the four games but there’s just something missing which is how it’s always been for West Ham, they just can’t get it all together at one time.

Maybe Pellegrini is expecting too much from these players and they’re not good enough to play how he wants.

Hi all, I am going to be in London in December and was looking at going to the West Ham v Liverpool game on December 22 (after a day trip to Middlesbrough for the huge Stoke game the day before :))

Does anyone know how long it is prior to games that tickets are released? I realise it will be a high demand game, but I imagine if I am willing to spend I should be able to get tickets? Any advice would be appreciated :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, I am going to be in London in December and was looking at going to the West Ham v Liverpool game on December 22 (after a day trip to Middlesbrough for the huge Stoke game the day before :))

Does anyone know how long it is prior to games that tickets are released? I realise it will be a high demand game, but I imagine if I am willing to spend I should be able to get tickets? Any advice would be appreciated :)
Members only when I was in London 3 years ago. Even members were in a ballot to get tucjets. You'll need to get them off a nember most likely

Members only when I was in London 3 years ago. Even members were in a ballot to get tucjets. You'll need to get them off a nember most likely

I was at the 2-0 West Ham vs Liverpool game Jan 2016 courtesy of a West Ham supporting friend. Sat in the Trevor Brooking stand, pretending to celebrate the goals scored (I am a LFC fan). That was the last season at Upton Park so tickets were hard to come by (I had to fork out 70 quid). Much easier these days at the Olympic Stadium, you shouldn't have too much trouble although Liverpool fans find ways of getting tickets outside the away areas :)

This Asia trophy thing against the man city reserves is proving to be quite a good advertisement for the need for VAR and the value it may bring this season.

Haller deal getting announced looks like the best thing to come out of tonight.

Oops!

West Ham United forward Michail Antonio crashed his Lamborghini Huracan into a garden on Christmas Day - and went on to start for the Hammers in their Boxing Day defeat to Crystal Palace.​
Antonio was dressed as snowman when he drove his £210,000 sports car into the bin shed of a family home in Balham, south London, on Wednesday evening.​

Oops!

West Ham United forward Michail Antonio crashed his Lamborghini Huracan into a garden on Christmas Day - and went on to start for the Hammers in their Boxing Day defeat to Crystal Palace.​
Antonio was dressed as snowman when he drove his £210,000 sports car into the bin shed of a family home in Balham, south London, on Wednesday evening.​

Classic West Ham.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back