2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to head over there until I get my shots, so I'm going to guess it's all "yay Kochie standing up for us", "Gold Coast should just bend over", "AFL conspiracy against Portz" or "it's all Leigh Whicker's fault".

Am I close?

Conspiracy option. How dare the Gold Coast walk in and take advantage of this opportunity we've created for ourselves, the big bad AFL have sent Mark Evans to the Gold Coast to enjoy the spoils of our hard work. Everybody is tearing us apart.

I'm not going to head over there until I get my shots, so I'm going to guess it's all "yay Kochie standing up for us", "Gold Coast should just bend over", "AFL conspiracy against Portz" or "it's all Leigh Whicker's fault".

Am I close?

634593bfd313c706e8424016476207b0

FFS! Did Koch-head not see this photo from their launch and go "you know what, they do look a little bit like Gold Coast, don't they?"

A guernsey very similar to the one on the left would be a great special edition for Gold Coast to wear

I've no doubt this jumper stuff would be keeping poor "Mr" Gui up at night. The AFL have re-gifted his selfless gift to Port to the Gold Coast Suns.

Unless... he wouldn't be looking to purchase any cattle stations in QLD would he?

Too right. The AFL is more interested in the Suns growing than Port at this point. GC is full of Chinese tourists, but the old Port aint.
The Suns have the Chinese national colours as their own, so its a better fit for GC than Port.
Just watch the AFL rule that GC get to wear their home jumper.

Sadly i'm not that confident. I think the suns will be told to wear their away strip. It will be a case of letting Port win the battle but with Gold Coast looking to win the war at the end of the day. It would look bad for the AFL PR wise to side with Gold Coast when it's been a joint venture with Port from the start and Gold Coast were enticed to come purely by the opportunity to raise some cash and profile selling a home game and being part of the game. However I would be staggered if the AFL didn't look to send to Gold Coast back on their own deal with another club so they can capitalise on the interest gained.

Apparantly Port paid $4,000,000 for this game.

Makes you wonder what they expect the ROI to be and time frame for it in terms of real funds to their football department to assist them to develop footballers and coaching/support staff capable of winning a an AFL flag...

Afterall that is the core business of an AFL club isn't it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Conspiracy option. How dare the Gold Coast walk in and take advantage of this opportunity we've created for ourselves, the big bad AFL have sent Mark Evans to the Gold Coast to enjoy the spoils of our hard work. Everybody is tearing us apart.
Koch head will probably demand next that Gold Coast don't beat them in China.

#theportadelaideway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparantly Port paid $4,000,000 for this game.

Makes you wonder what they expect the ROI to be and time frame for it in terms of real funds to their football department to assist them to develop footballers and coaching/support staff capable of winning a an AFL flag...

Afterall that is the core business of an AFL club isn't it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The initial game costs Port Adelaide and the AFL $4m due to getting the stadium up to AFL requirements in terms of turf etc. Subsequent games won't cost that much. Hence why it's a five - ten year project.

This is a genuine possibility. In fact the AFLPA should be all over it.

I once spent time in China with a basketball team and we played a game on an outdoor court. It was horrendous. The players had to sip water every 30 seconds as their throats dried up and burnt. God knows what it was doing to their lungs!! Imagine trying to run 20 km in that like an AFL midfielder.

Forget everything else, this is one of the biggest issues and if I was a player, I would want to avoid it at all costs!
What time of year was it? Because whenever anybody mentions that they tell you how it's only a certain time of the year.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

The initial game costs Port Adelaide and the AFL $4m due to getting the stadium up to AFL requirements in terms of turf etc. Subsequent games won't cost that much. Hence why it's a five - ten year project.

Let's be honest. Port isn't paying any of that $4 million.

Edited for accuracy. You really think a club that can barely post a profit and still has a lot of debt, has $4mil to throw into ground repairs?

When JLT games are played at suburban ovals the AFL pays to bring them up to scratch, same goes for playing in China. When Kochie says "we paid" he means the AFL, but he wants you to think Port. If the ground is not up to scratch and a player has a career ending injury, they sue the AFL, not the home team.

Edited for accuracy. You really think a club that can barely post a profit and still has a lot of debt, has $4mil to throw into ground repairs?

When JLT games are played at suburban ovals the AFL pays to bring them up to scratch, same goes for playing in China. When Kochie says "we paid" he means the AFL, but he wants you to think Port. If the ground is not up to scratch and a player has a career ending injury, they sue the AFL, not the home team.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Didn't Shaun Rehn sue the AFC and AFL, when he suffered an ACL after slipping on a plate which was installed to help the umpires with their centre bounces?

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Didn't Shaun Rehn sue the AFC and AFL, when he suffered an ACL after slipping on a plate which was installed to help the umpires with their centre bounces?

He sued the crows because they were his employers and sent him out there, he sued the SANFL and AFL for the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back