Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see how the Endeavour would have gone trying to get through the ice water to get close enough to the "ice wall".

Bloody insane

they were tougher back then

walked to school in the snow, carrying 4 bricks

Cook_Three_Voyages_59.png

The closest he came to Antartica was his second voyage (green).
Not 60,000 km and not alongside it.
There's no "entry point" because Antartica covers the entire south pole.

the green is pretty close, and its a long way ...

60,000k is about 1/6th of the way, to the moon (apparently )

OK, I watched it. I got to the bit where they said "there never was a south pole". And switched it off.

It's all very well to invent this "ice wall", except what of the thousands of people who work/have worked on research stations at the South Pole? In fact, as luck would have it, I have an uncle who is on one of those research stations down at the South Pole (or, "Antarctica", as we like to call it) right now, on an 18 month stint. Is he just making it all up too? Is he "in on the lie"? I should email him and DEMAND he reveal the TRUTH about what he is REALLY doing - maintaining the ice wall!!!!11

there are some 'openings', perhaps?

it does indeed seem that civilians and military 'go' to Antarctica occasionally

including key elements of the Russian navy in recent times; yet i dont believe this completely disproves fe / ice wall theories personally

Last edited:
Lot of latitude and longitude factors in this 23 min video

G870M63_p132Weddell_large.jpg

February 11th, 1822, at noon, in latitude 65.53. S. our chronometers gave 44 miles more westing than the log in three days. On 22nd of April (1822), in latitude 54.16. S. our longitude by chronometers was 46.49, and by D.R. (dead reckoning) 47° 11´: On 2nd May (1822), at noon, in latitude 53.46. S., our longitude by chronometers was 59° 27´, and by D.R. 61° 6´. October 14th, in latitude 58.6, longitude by chronometers 62° 46´, by account 65° 24´. In latitude 59.7. S., longitude by chronometers was 63° 28´, by account 66° 42´. In latitude 61.49. S., longitude by chronometers was 61° 53´, by account 66° 38´.

Captain James Weddell,

“Voyages Towards the South Pole”

:eek:

Last edited:

OK, I watched it. I got to the bit where they said "there never was a south pole". And switched it off.

It's all very well to invent this "ice wall", except what of the thousands of people who work/have worked on research stations at the South Pole? In fact, as luck would have it, I have an uncle who is on one of those research stations down at the South Pole (or, "Antarctica", as we like to call it) right now, on an 18 month stint. Is he just making it all up too? Is he "in on the lie"? I should email him and DEMAND he reveal the TRUTH about what he is REALLY doing - maintaining the ice wall!!!!11

And what is a "wondering star"? What is it wondering about?
I've got a mate who works on helicopters. Now he's a real pisshead and talks a lot. Can't stop him blabbing about anything. He's been working in Antarctica for 6 months of the year for the last 10 years. In all this time, never once has he spilt anything about the great FE cover up. I'm going to confront him.

I've got a mate who works on helicopters. Now he's a real pisshead and talks a lot. Can't stop him blabbing about anything. He's been working in Antarctica for 6 months of the year for the last 10 years. In all this time, never once has he spilt anything about the great FE cover up. I'm going to confront him.

He was probable just on the 'edge' rather than the outer sections

If not, ask him if he saw this thing:

I'm starting a Concave Earth Society.

concave earth theory is trippy

Last edited:

Video of a curved earth.

The reason you can't see the entire earth from the ISS (as some people have requested)

1920px-Orbitalaltitudes.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit#/media/File:Orbitalaltitudes.jpg

Some perspective of scale -
Earth's diameter is ~12500km
Space station orbit ~340km
The space station is about 3% of the diameter away from the surface of the earth. Mostly all that it is ever going to see is a part of the globe. Hold a camera 0.5cm away from a basketball. Report back on whether you can see the whole globe.

Any of the FE proponents want to acknowledge this post? Is it SpaceX doctoring live streams (I realise that when you watch this replay it's not live but it was beamed live a few months ago)?

Further, SpaceX plans to fly 2 people around the moon in 2018. Maybe cannot and darthbards should save their pennies and they could be the third and fourth space tourists to observe the earth as a sphere.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1711360/spacex-falcon-9-rocket-moon-mission/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh there it is again, "in 2017".

Yeah that fancy earth technology just wasn't around in the 70's eh?
Well, if I was speaking to a nutcase in 1970 I would say "Really? Flat Earthers in 1970???"

However now is now and then was then, therefore I say 2017 instead of 1970.

Knobheads and lunatics are easily distinguished from each other.

The denizens of the TS bored are morons certainly, but they are not (in general) stark raving mad.

You haven't encountered craffles as yet?

Well, if I was speaking to a nutcase in 1970 I would say "Really? Flat Earthers in 1970???"

However now is now and then was then, therefore I say 2017 instead of 1970.
Well yeah that's the point, you could say it from every year since the Stone Age. The fact that people feel the need to add the "really? In [insert year]?" to every stupid thing someone says is just redundant.

Well yeah that's the point, you could say it from every year since the Stone Age. The fact that people feel the need to add the "really? In [insert year]?" to every stupid thing someone says is just redundant.
I know its annoying isn't it?
It's almost as though people use words, phrases and expressions to convey thoughts, ideas and concepts to others.

I know its annoying isn't it?
It's almost as though people use words, phrases and expressions to convey thoughts, ideas and concepts to others.
I tend to keep the superfluous s**t to a minimum. Expressing disbelief based on what year it is not only is unnecessary but doesn't make any sense. Just comes off as flogs trying to sound "enlightened".

Why use 10 words when you can use 2 is what I say.

Back