PAX Australia 2017 - early registration open

Remove this Banner Ad

Early bird ticket registration for this year is out.

Considering going this year but don't really know anything about it to be honest.

Is it worth going to? What should I expect? Which days are generally the best?
Is it worth going to?
I think it is, but it depends on what you enjoy in the gaming world.

Which days are generally the best?
I have only been on a Friday and Saturday but imo Friday is the best, numbers are generally lower, anyone that has gone says Saturday is the busiest and Sunday arvo it usually slows down a bit as people head home.
3 day badges are available to buy if you're really keen to see which one is best for yourself lol.

What should I expect?
Well there is a show floor that most heavy hitters attend, (EA hasn't been there the last 2 years though), there is an indie section that is very popular.

If that's not your scene then the huge tabletop games area might be the go, heaps of freeplay tables and plenty of friendly people willing to teach you how to play certain games in there as well.

A retro console area that's hands on (loved playing Point Blanc last year), a free play console area that has PS, xbox and wiiU's with heaps of games to choose from(will be interesting if they have Switches in there this year).

PC and console tourneys, you can enter in.

There's a PC area, also you can buy BYOC (bring your own comp) tix and play against other there.

Last year for the first time there was a VR freeplay area, TIP: there is a signup sheet for the area that i didn't know about so go early and put your name down.

They do concerts Fri and Sat nights.

Cozplay galore.

BUT it's all about the panels really, last year was a bit of a let down but generally they are good.
Some examples: Just Cause 3: Create your own destruction panel, Being a game youtuber, Pete Hines (He is a funny guy), Naughty Dog presents panel although this one was a let down.

Thats just a little rundown of things to expect if you go.

Also the website for anyone interested.
http://aus.paxsite.com/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back