SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

not much chat for a while here...who are the current favorites for 2017?

Mildura just ahead of Irymple? Irymple midfield looks stacked with coghlan inserted to an already talented group. Not sure who kicks all the goals for Irymple though.

Red Cliffs to struggle, Wenty on the up, Imps to improve, South to struggle. Will Ouyen be about the same?

I think Eaton will spend more time forward this yr. The guy is dangerous anywhere he plays. Between him Pezz and Dowdy i think they will cause enough headaches for most backlines. Plus the resting mids like coghlan/flack.

At this stage i think ouyen will be the same, i do believe Will Farrer wont return (not 100%) on that tho.
Will see how Stankbrook fits in. Hard to judge the impact he will have up forward.

If mildura do land Dusty surly they will be flag favs although i did hear that J Martin isnt returning?
Wenty pickd up a few returning players any newbies?
Has red cliffs got anybody? Will Motlop be returning?
Any news on merbein and robinvale?

What happened at the Merbein Pub a few weeks ago? Anyone care to comment?

This might change, if what happened at the pub a few weeks ago, is true!

Duscher going Irymple would be a coup for the swallows,obviously Merbein would not be pleased but then they've recruited from within the sfnl themselves as everyone has.
I reckon we'll hear one way or another pretty soon

Well when your out of contract anything can happen.
I heard red cliffs have signed Warrick Williams (prev player at reddy/mildura) but have seen Brizzi is also off to Rumba (sheppaton) and lovett to Sorento.
Any new signings yet?

Can anyone tell me if Simon Callahan is staying with Imperials for season 2017 ?
Ha could be off to Queensland to further his qualifications.

It might be a different Duscher on the way to Irymple. With clearances opening tomorrow all will be revealed (maybe)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, a massive task in front of Big Ash! Look forward to seeing what he can achieve in such a short time! Good appointment by Reddy tho, good stability, good leadership and top all round bloke!

What are ppls thoughts on the twilight games being changed to an all day event?
Im not that big of a fan. I prefered watching the night games (series) instead of this "mega day" of sorts....

any ladder predictions? I will have a stab... how about
Mildura - favorite
Ouyen - B2B is very difficult especially relying on several fly ins
Irymple - who will kick the goals with no Eagle
Wenty - should keep improving
Imps
RC
Robinvale
Merbein
South

any ladder predictions? I will have a stab... how about
Mildura - favorite
Ouyen - B2B is very difficult especially relying on several fly ins
Irymple - who will kick the goals with no Eagle
Wenty - should keep improving
Imps
RC
Robinvale
Merbein
South

Crazy quiet on here! Maybe Nick Stevens clearance to Red Cliffs will get the jungle drum beating!

How come Hartlett at Imps is a 5 pointer while Brown at South is a 4???
Doesn't matter much though.

Last edited:
Are Irymple the goods?
They apparently played well enough to knock off the favourites without a couple of their best.
Their depth could be telling as the season rolls on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back