FTA-TV TBL - Transformed

Remove this Banner Ad

This show needs to be limited to the morbidly obese who literally have no where left to turn. I couldn't believe some of the constants the got on this year. Completely taking the piss.

One girl weighs just over 70 kilos (GASP) and can't quite get into a bikini (STOP THE PRESSES!). She has a kid with her partner and says he'd NEVER seen her naked (YEAH RIGHT) and a few of the guys look like they just need to go for a run each night, clean up their diet and stop eating junk food.

Utterly ridiculous some of them

Last edited:

This show needs to be limited to the morbidly obese who literally have no where left to turn. I couldn't believe some of the constants the got on this year. Completely taking the piss.

One girl weighs just over 70 kilos (GASP) and can't quite get into a bikini (STOP THE PRESSES!). She has a kid with her partner and says he'd NEVER seen her naked (YEAH RIGHT) and a few of the guys look like they just need to go for a run each night, clean up their diet and stop eating junk food.

Utterly ridiculous some of them

I don't mind it. They're promoting it as being more relatable to the average person looking to lose weight and I think they have a point.

With the anti 'fat shaming' movement trying to normalise unhealthy bodyfat levels I don't think it hurts to remind people you don't have to be morbidly obese to increase your risk of ill-health.

There's been a backlash against the 78kg girl being on the show because apparently she has a 'beautiful body' but she's clearly overweight for her height.

a01b86538add6e0d64466aa8f112b938

I don't mind it. They're promoting it as being more relatable to the average person looking to lose weight and I think they have a point.

With the anti 'fat shaming' movement trying to normalise unhealthy bodyfat levels I don't think it hurts to remind people you don't have to be morbidly obese to increase your risk of ill-health.

There's been a backlash against the 78kg girl being on the show because apparently she has a 'beautiful body' but she's clearly overweight for her height.

a01b86538add6e0d64466aa8f112b938

Wasn't she 71kg?

IMO at 25 year old, bit overweight woman does not need to take up a spot on Biggest Loser to get in shape. There's millions of other options out there for someone like her. Cut off should be somewhere around the 90 to 100kilo mark

Plus the fact she blatantly lied about the naked thing since she has a bloody kid with him :mad:

Wasn't she 71kg?

78 apparently.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fi...w/news-story/be2f6d579e5ccfc3ac0a366a7bd99053

IMO at 25 year old, bit overweight woman does not need to take up a spot on Biggest Loser to get in shape. There's millions of other options out there for someone like her. Cut off should be somewhere around the 90 to 100kilo mark

No one should seriously be relying on a show like this to get in shape. Nearly all of them put the weight back on again after it finishes because the regime they put them on isn't sustainable.

Plus the fact she blatantly lied about the naked thing since she has a bloody kid with him :mad:

Not necessarily. She might have had a lights off only rule and avoided being naked around him at other times.

I'm liking that show is trying to change its image somewhat and not using morbidly obese people. This season is more about different people at different weights trying to achieve their own personal goal.

I did have a chuckle at Shannon calling out Linton's "paralysed" arms......" you are just sore mate!"

The beep tests were amusing the other day with how many of them dropped out in the 2's.

I mean, you could almost make it to level 2 just doing a brisk walk!

Wasn't she 71kg?

What a ridiculous sentiment. These people are much more the Australian average than the 200kgs types they used to have on so this makes it more relatable to people. Hopefully a few more people watch it and go "well I could probably of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ridiculous sentiment. These people are much more the Australian average than the 200kgs types they used to have on so this makes it more relatable to people. Hopefully a few more people watch it and go "well I could probably of that.

I actually like the smaller weight people on the show as it does make it more 'real'. A lot of people struggle with dropping that few kilos to be their ideal weight. Yes 71kilos seems okay, but to a lot of people it isn't.

Odd elimination last night, thought surely blue team would vote out Matt, dudes is an absolute liability then BOOM Anna acts like an idiot at the table and shes gone.

It was smart, she has less weight to lose. You have to eliminate the people with the least weight to lose.

it is why as soon as the orange team is up for elimination if they have an ounce of a brain they eliminate the girl with the least weight to lose (unfortunately)

It was smart, she has less weight to lose. You have to eliminate the people with the least weight to lose.

it is why as soon as the orange team is up for elimination if they have an ounce of a brain they eliminate the girl with the least weight to lose (unfortunately)

Matt was the only one who claimed to be voting strategically and he voted for Amy so that theory is out the door.

They voted for her for team unity or whatever they were spouting last night, given this season they are losing players in challengers id suggest you want a mix of good competitors and bigger people.

Matt was the only one who claimed to be voting strategically and he voted for Amy so that theory is out the door.

They voted for her for team unity or whatever they were spouting last night, given this season they are losing players in challengers id suggest you want a mix of good competitors and bigger people.

True, I still feel it is smart though. Whilst challenges are lovely. Weigh ins are where you win and lose. Now you don't want too many at 140kilos, but you don't want too many below 90kilos. If we say the least that a female will be is 50-55kilos (can be a fraction lower but that is a good average for the show), and a male being 70-75kilos, you need weight to lose. If you keep so many with small weight to lose, whilst it is percentage, it is a huge risk.

I understand your point- I didn't see the elimination was watching Married With First Sight a lot.

I actually like the smaller weight people on the show as it does make it more 'real'. A lot of people struggle with dropping that few kilos to be their ideal weight. Yes 71kilos seems okay, but to a lot of people it isn't.

And the show is saying if you are 71 kilos then then you to come on a TV show to get in shape

And the show is saying if you are 71 kilos then then you to come on a TV show to get in shape

If you are insecure and feel 'overweight' why shouldn't you? Don't have a problem with her being on the show!

If you are insecure and feel 'overweight' why shouldn't you? Don't have a problem with her being on the show!

Coz it's called The Biggest Loser, not the person slightly overweight who wants to lose a few kilos show

Coz it's called The Biggest Loser, not the person slightly overweight who wants to lose a few kilos show

It actually helps normal people though more this way having a range of body types. Last thing you want is 20 people all over 130kilos.

At 71 it shows how regular people can drop a couple of kilos each week.

It actually helps normal people though more this way having a range of body types. Last thing you want is 20 people all over 130kilos.

At 71 it shows how regular people can drop a couple of kilos each week.

I have issues with saying regular people can relate to the process that these people go through to lose weight

I have issues with saying regular people can relate to the process that these people go through to lose weight

If it helps just a handful of people on the outside then having ONE person at 71kilos on the show is a good thing.

I don't mind it, she won't last that long anyway as she is always going to fall below the line as she doesn't have enough weight to lose.

I feel it is good for the show though, we don't need every girl being 110kilos!

If it helps just a handful of people on the outside then having ONE person at 71kilos on the show is a good thing.

I don't mind it, she won't last that long anyway as she is always going to fall below the line as she doesn't have enough weight to lose.

I feel it is good for the show though, we don't need every girl being 110kilos!

It's not even just her, there's a few guys who are way under 100 too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back