Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hope Congupna can improve. I have no connection to the league or club but my cousin coached them a few years back and we played them in a praccy that season. Don't like seeing any club continue to battle

Dons01

Senior List
Jul 22, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I had Finley positioned there based on the limited numbers on the track, wasn't sure about the clubs like congupna and rumba, haven't heard much about a fair few teams. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling, And see what other people had for there predictions.
I reckon u r pretty close. Will be interesting to see if barooga are the real deal come finals.

TheOrangeRoughie

Debutant
Mar 28, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon u r pretty close. Will be interesting to see if barooga are the real deal come finals.

As reported in Southern Riverina News

Finley
In: To be confirmed
Outs: Ned Morrison, Ed Barlow, Ed Lower, Jordan Daniel, Jed and Zach Brain, Tim McKenzie, Tim Nick and Angus Robertson, Matt Jackson, Reid Crow, Ben McKie, Nathan McLelland, Max Lawrence, Tom Doyle, Lachie Hawkins, Ollie Ford, Rich Findlay, Mitch Ryan and James Kennedy

rumba1

Debutant
Apr 21, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
As reported in Southern Riverina News

Finley
In: To be confirmed
Outs: Ned Morrison, Ed Barlow, Ed Lower, Jordan Daniel, Jed and Zach Brain, Tim McKenzie, Tim Nick and Angus Robertson, Matt Jackson, Reid Crow, Ben McKie, Nathan McLelland, Max Lawrence, Tom Doyle, Lachie Hawkins, Ollie Ford, Rich Findlay, Mitch Ryan and James Kennedy

That's a lot of quality out the door!! Why such a mass exodus??

rumba1

Debutant
Apr 21, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Either money has dried up or sick of spending for runners up or going for youth and blood locals and save heaps of $$$$

Yeah that's fair enough, it's always sad seeing players leave by those numbers. I know we've felt in our time.

Dons01

Senior List
Jul 22, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah that's fair enough, it's always sad seeing players leave by those numbers. I know we've felt in our time.
It sure is sad but those reasons would be somewhere near the mark. Give finley credit to realise it rather than end up in picola league like other ex mfl clubs. History shows

whitewater

Debutant
Feb 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It sure is sad but those reasons would be somewhere near the mark. Give finley credit to realise it rather than end up in picola league like other ex mfl clubs. History shows

I have heard a few things on the grapevine about Finley and most of the boys are just going out and trying their luck in the OnM. Also Zac Brain has gone back to Labrador in the QAFL for work commitments. I have not heard anything about the other guys but Finley are a great club why would you leave after getting so close so many times? wouldn't you want to stick around and really push for the flag?

rumba1

Debutant
Apr 21, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I have heard a few things on the grapevine about Finley and most of the boys are just going out and trying their luck in the OnM. Also Zac Brain has gone back to Labrador in the QAFL for work commitments. I have not heard anything about the other guys but Finley are a great club why would you leave after getting so close so many times? wouldn't you want to stick around and really push for the flag?

They've come agonisingly close. They have been in 2 of the last 3 grand finals and lost both of those by a goal combined.

It would be be hard mentally to front that. I know from experience those games haunt you for the rest of your life.

whitewater

Debutant
Feb 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They've come agonisingly close. They have been in 2 of the last 3 grand finals and lost both of those by a goal combined.

It would be be hard mentally to front that. I know from experience those games haunt you for the rest of your life.

i have been lucky enough to win 2 from 3 premierships and flags don't come around often as we all know so if i was a player from Finley i would be even more hungrier for success. Any other news from other clubs?

rumba1

Debutant
Apr 21, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Almost the start of the season, did anyone have a practice matche over the weekend

We played against shepp swans and went down by 20-30 points was a great hit out, we stayed with them for 3 qtrs but fell away in the last. Could tell the difference in standards. Was a great last hit out

howmuch

Senior List
Nov 21, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
nil
Moama played North Bendigo at North on Friday night. It was a high standard game but North run over Moama after quarter time and won by 10-11 goals.

Doc Larkins

All Australian
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Congupna will be confident of a few wins after seeing the results at the weekend. Tyson McKenzie has them on the right track from what Im hearing. Nathalia Numurkah and Barooga looking to be contenders at this ealy stage.

TheScribe

Senior List
Aug 4, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Numurkah in a nail biter Scribe!
Haha thanks Doc. I saw the scores in the paper this morning. Will be a long season for the Finley Cats. Nathalia, Barooga and Numurkah to lead the comp, Finley, Congupna and Deni to fill the bottom spots and then the rest to fight out the remaining middle spots.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haha thanks Doc. I saw the scores in the paper this morning. Will be a long season for the Finley Cats. Nathalia, Barooga and Numurkah to lead the comp, Finley, Congupna and Deni to fill the bottom spots and then the rest to fight out the remaining middle spots.

I heard that the Essendon CEO played on the weekend. Is he from the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back