2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

After today game I am not sure is just about confident anymore regarding tab . sorry not yet read your above opinion. I agree chf is his role. Moving to wing also help if he drop the ball will more likely spill to boundary.

I am going to give Tabs the benefit of the doubt tonight, he was ill and it can take a bit of time to get your energy back. He has shown that he is a very good player at this level and l look forward to an improved performance next week. Having said that, Kersten is very secure in the firsts and for the start of the year, which I am happy with because we now seem to have a very mobile forward line that hopefully can develop further.

Spot on re Duman imo. I was very keen on Jack Scrimshaw going into the draft as I think we really need a mobile tall defender that can play on a range of opponents but can also attack and get through traffic. We didn't have the opportunity to get Scrimshaw but got a very, very similar prospect much, much later in the draft. Again, another very smart pick from our recruiters.
Nyhuis as well? They seem a bit similar. From Duman's profile I wondered if he could become a tall winger?

Problem is Strnadica will get rag dolled by the AFL brutes. He's pretty lean so can only imagine he ll bulk up and develop in WAFL this season. Pretty unfair of him to just slot in as cover to Apeness, who is a huge frame and Griffin.

Yeah have to agree with the comment on Tabs, just a down night for him and he's such a confidence player. When he's on, he ll take some great grabs. But then a game like tonight he just drops his head. He ll need consistent game time as it was his first game back since 3 weeks ago.
I'm beginning to wonder if he will ever make it. This seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

I really like grey , when the match is tight he did the % very well. He actually swung the momentum to peel . As for suban and Tab , if you are not well don't play. All the momentum went to east Perth in 4 th ,start with their mistake.

Nyhuis as well? They seem a bit similar. From Duman's profile I wondered if he could become a tall winger?

Yep, for sure. Whereas Nyhuis strikes me as more of a stay at home, or at least less likely to run off type defender. More defensive I guess. His disposal isn't as good as Dumans imo.

I think Scrimshaw could develop into a Bonts type midfielder over time and if they're similar, perhaps Duman could too.:) Who knows? What do you reckon WayToGo?

FFS, did they even watch the game? - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-19/eagles-dockers-stake-afl-claims-in-wafl-first-round

WEST Coast coach Adam Simpson is facing line-ball round one selection calls after Jack Redden and Tom Barrass were among East Perth's standout performers in a season-opening WAFL loss to Fremantle-aligned Peel Thunder.

Well I suppose they are correct - Redden did standout... but it wasn't for being good.

Wow could that "report" have been written in a more WC way! the mention of Freo players was an after thought. The story was about players pushing for round one and clearly was made up using stats and not through watching the game, Sheridan and Redden did not help their call up chances.

Readings is one of the more detestable Eagles sychophants in the town. Has made a career out of doing what you describe.
I'm just getting less and less tolerant as I get older for supposed professionals who can't recognise their own bias or if they do, be bothered to disguise it.

Yes, definitely got that bias from Readings.

I know Bell is a Freo man but I thought his unbias was professional and accurate, not over compensating.

Haha, you can tell the great man Cometti is enjoying semi retirement, he didn't make it back to the box after half time! :)
I expressed myself badly, you're right he was much more professional than Readings and did what a commentator should do. I suppose I was hoping he actually would highlight what I saw as some genuinely exciting moments by the youngsters from Freo which Readings was determined to ignore.
Give it a go. I didn't think it was that bad. Readings is an egotistical prat that no doubt follows WC but having Dennis's quality and Belly who was balanced, it was bearable. Much, much better than last years line up of Readings, Embley and Langdon.
It was ok, I mainly got annoyed at the complete ignoring of the game during long periods that Dennis was on & Readings barracking - "was (EP player) interfered with in the marking contest (absolutely according to my vocal intonation), apparently not according to the umpire", "gee the umpire has decided that (EP player) didn't dispose of that correctly" said with dubious intonation.
Anyway I'm being petty about s**t that happens all the time it wasn't that bad as others have said and Bell has become a very competent TV and Radio personality (he's excellent on 720 breakfast radio).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a freo man I thought bell a bit out last night as commentator.

Yep, for sure. Whereas Nyhuis strikes me as more of a stay at home, or at least less likely to run off type defender. More defensive I guess. His disposal isn't as good as Dumans imo.

I think Scrimshaw could develop into a Bonts type midfielder over time and if they're similar, perhaps Duman could too.:) Who knows? What do you reckon WayToGo?
Yeah I think in time Duman could become probably more a Mundy type of inside mid. The knock on him is his contested work but I liked what I saw last night - he did some great tackles, and got in and under a few times which given his sleight frame atm is a good sign (he doesn't seem scared at all). Maybe we need him to join the Fyfe program next off season? I think start him at half back and move him on to the wing at times - his kicking inside 50 would be helpful once the forward line works its sh*t out. I really wanted Rotham pre-draft but after watching him and Duman both play last night I think I prefer Duman now (pick #37 vs rookie pick #3 - insert evil laugh here).

How much more fit do Darcy and Balic need to get to play seniors?

Really happy to see Balic run out the whole game in such a positive manner after some doubts put on his preseason by the training watchers. There may have been some issues/injury but he has certainly got himself together in the last scratchie and first game, very promising and could get a game into the future, has passed Suban and now on the tail of Sheridan IMO.

Went to the game last night and wasn't focusing on Fremantle/Peel players too much not to mention that I'm not complete familiar with what some of your younger guys look like

Thought Gray had a good game and looked ready to play AFL. Strong body and he cracks in hard

On more than one occasion I looked at the budget to see who 44 (Duman) was

Darcy looks like a really good find

Peel setup really well defensively and didn't allow EP any space forward of centre to use the ball which has been a common theme in games between the two sides

Went to the game last night and wasn't focusing on Fremantle/Peel players too much not to mention that I'm not complete familiar with what some of your younger guys look like

Thought Gray had a good game and looked ready to play AFL. Strong body and he cracks in hard

On more than one occasion I looked at the budget to see who 44 (Duman) was

Darcy looks like a really good find

Peel setup really well defensively and didn't allow EP any space forward of centre to use the ball which has been a common theme in games between the two sides
you guys would be excited by Watson but probably less so by the continuing mediocre efforts of Lamb.

I have mixed feelings about yesterday's game.

Pleased for Peel to get the win against a strong East Perth side, on paper. Pleased with a few of the youngsters - Sean Darcy, Strnadica, Duman, Balic amongst others.

Disappointed though that, at the end of the day, Peel won with good defence, good contested work, particularly around the stoppages and the ability of Leroy Jetta to conjure a goal.

I just don't think Freo can move forward until we can do more than defend, work the contested ball, particularly around the stoppages and conjure a goal now and again. I want to see some fluid ball movement and some inside 50 strategies from Freo and Peel, and I didn't see any semblance of that from Peel yesterday.

you guys would be excited by Watson but probably less so by the continuing mediocre efforts of Lamb.
Yeah Watson is a real talent and loves attacking the game. Does have a tendency to try to do too much though and makes too many disposal errors that he needs to clean up before he's AFL ready

Lamb is a bust. Does show an occasional glimpse of what the recruiters saw in him but doesn't have the heart for the contest. I have hopes that he'll come good that get more forlorn each time I watch him play

One of our posters has a massive man crush on balic. Seems like he is starting to come along nicely. Any truth to the homesick rumours or do you expect to lock him away soon? Out of interest if he did seek a trade where would you value him?

I rate your recent draft hauls. Think you have some good youth coming through. Do you think Ross will give them solid game time? Specifically balic, tucker, langdon, weller?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back