Media 2017 BFFL TRADES

Remove this Banner Ad

This league is in some trouble if that trade goes through. Terribly one sided trade.
I agree.
I've played in leagues where you could vote against trades in the past and this is the first time I've actually voted against approving one.

It feels a bit wrong for me to do it because I was in talks for Beams and it might look like it's for selfish reasons, but this trade is a shocker

Excuse me? Pick 12 2016 and pick 13 2015, 2 first round picks - I hardly feel they are scrubs

This trade was organised before the draft, he received pick 13 and asked me to choose Florent. I received pick 71 and asked him to select Mason Cox.

I don't see a problem with it I rate both florent and Kennedy highly and Williams could go ok at north:

Yeah beame joins the strongest team in the Comp but don't think it is lopsided when it is him, yeo who is handy and pick 71

Have been worse trades this year by far.

Excuse me? Pick 12 2016 and pick 13 2015, 2 first round picks - I hardly feel they are scrubs

This trade was organised before the draft, he received pick 13 and asked me to choose Florent. I received pick 71 and asked him to select Mason Cox.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think they're scrubs. I'd happily give up Beams for both of them if I was rebuilding. I just wouldn't throw Yeo on top of it.
From my point of view this trade is out by the value of Yeo, which is significant.

But it doesn't matter what I think. It needs more than just me to make a difference. So if others don't think it's too one sided, don't notice it, or just can't be bothered voting against it you're all good :thumbsu:

Don't get me wrong. I don't think they're scrubs. I'd happily give up Beams for both of them if I was rebuilding. I just wouldn't throw Yeo on top of it.
From my point of view this trade is out by the value of Yeo, which is significant.

But it doesn't matter what I think. It needs more than just me to make a difference. So if others don't think it's too one sided, don't notice it, or just can't be bothered voting against it you're all good :thumbsu:
I think it is the difference between Williams and yeo not yeo in his own,

Just me, yeo wasn't as good in 16 as 15 was he?

Beams for 2 mid first round picks isn't the lobsided part imo. I mean i think he could have got a real top end talent for him but this part individually isn't so bad.

But Yeo >> Williams imo.

Williams is a lock down small defender. Yeo is a talented utility that has shown he can do it all just needs to work on becoming consistent.

That's my opinion on it without even including the pick 71. Each to their own i guess but i just think the trade is a big win for swansfan.

I think it is the difference between Williams and yeo not yeo in his own,

Just me, yeo wasn't as good in 16 as 15 was he?
I disagree. If I had Beams I wouldn't be trading him for less than the two mid-late first rounders. And you're totally ignoring the kpp/ruck out of the equation too. I totally put Yeo as the difference between the value being exchanged.

And on Yeo's output from last season: he was forced to take on a tight defensive role for extended periods last season to cover for the well publicised injuries in the West Coast squad. When allowed to play his own game he scored well. But I don't need to tell you that. I'm sure you already knew it.

But I have no problem with you now arguing the players you're giving up are much lower value than you would have been demanding during the actual trade negotiations. I'd be doing everything in my power to stop the trade being overturned too if I were you ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. If I had Beams I wouldn't be trading him for less than the two mid-late first rounders. And you're totally ignoring the kpp/ruck out of the equation too. I totally put Yeo as the difference between the value being exchanged.

And on Yeo's output from last season: he was forced to take on a tight defensive role for extended periods last season to cover for the well publicised injuries in the West Coast squad. When allowed to play his own game he scored well. But I don't need to tell you that. I'm sure you already knew it.

But I have no problem with you now arguing the players you're giving up are much lower value than you would have been demanding during the actual trade negotiations. I'd be doing everything in my power to stop the trade being overturned too if I were you ;)
I'm not involved in the trade?

I'm not involved in the trade?
My bad :)

Re Cox going at pick 70: I think that shows how little pointing at draft picks means when comparing them to a player like Beams. I got Todd Marshall at pick 67 despite him being an AFL 1st round pick just months earlier. Pointing at draft pick numbers I can argue that Cox is worth an AFL st round pick.
Ironically, I actually had Cox at the top of my list at that stage but couldn't pass up an AFL 1st rounder at that stage. So I took Marshall, thinking there'd be a better chance of Cox slipping to my next pick than Marshall slipping.

Trade Block,

For an emerging team I have young talent to burn:

Tyson
Guthrie
S. Selwood
Hayward
Burton
Harmes
Menegola
Scharnberg
T.Langdon
A. Saad
J. White
M. Weller

I want an elite talent and will trade multiple of the above for this talent, any position will be considered.

PM my team is toorak Riggs all players traded for right price.

Pretty quiet on the trade front, or does "trade period" for this league kick off in 2018?
I don't think you can trade or anything til they launch the Ultimate Footy 2018 in like January.

I don't think you can trade or anything til they launch the Ultimate Footy 2018 in like January.
Ok, yeh another league I'm in allows for off-season trades and the mod will just update when UF re-opens in 2018.

All good, it means I have a league to look at and trade early next year. Doing all my trading for other 2 keeper leagues now means there's nothing to do until rd 1 for those.

Roughead, lachie hunter, tom liberatore, Dom Tyson, Scott Selwood, jack redden, cam Guthrie, Hamish Hartlett, Jeremy Howe Ricky Henderson, dale Thomas, mavrick Weller

All looking to join a title contender

Message me with interest

Players up for trade include these and many others:

Aaron Hall
Zak Jones
Hugh Greenwood
Lachie Whitfield
Lycett/Naitanui/Martin/Ryder (one of them)
Darcy Byrne-Jones
James Parsons
Kieran Lovell

Mainly looking for forwards to replace Riewoldt (retired), Yeo (lost forward status), and Ryder (lost forward status).

One defender would also be handy due to Docherty being out. Any ages

TRADE COMPLETED

Coney...

Carlton Giants =
Membrey + Aish + 3rd Rd (29?)

For

Snowtown Blue Jays =
1st (9?) + 2nd (23?) + 6th (79?)

Blue Jays have a handful of good young kids... looking for best 18 lads and a couple recent posts have listed some good names... willing to offload either of my 2x3rd rd picks along with downgrading later picks if it nets me a best 18... Membrey n Aish will go straight into the starting line up for a the flag tilt ;)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back