2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but I dont dare rubbish you on your own board, never really understood this point when it is brought up and used against me. Yes I am nice on this board, I do not want a ban. And if anything, I'm one of the nicer Eagles fans when it comes to freo on our board. Even my own call me a freagle.

What you call "nice" I call duplicitous. And yes, I've noticed. When you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no-one. A good lesson to learn.

The double standards are palpable. There are certain posters who will either dismiss it as a media conspiracy/beat up, or simply avoid talking about it altogether, but pounce at the first sign of any Freo controversy *cough* kane249 *cough*

Total cowards.

*waves*

Thanks for the shout out

Bringing up s**t that happened over a decade ago with no real purpose is quite cowardly.
Bringing up this s**t days before season launch (and a day before a Grand Final to put us off our game by a Hawks supporting editor) is also quite cowardly!
No real purpose?
How about the importance of reflecting on the gross mismanagement of young men by a club raking in the cash and looking the other way?
How about the question marks over Nisbett and Worsfold, who still have responsibilities in the game?
How about the system that failed to manage dangerous recreational drug use? (For many this is still an unresolved issues in the AFL).

This whole episode is a black mark on the game. Richmond and St Kilda must be worried too about their links. It's not getting swept under the carpet just yet.

And if you keep s**t secret 10 years you don't get to complain about the timing of it being leaked.

This is hilarious. The other day my WCE fan father in law who is typically condescending about Freo starting harping on about "rumours" about Bennells "calf injury" and then s**t about Fyfe being unpopular etc etc. He has friends who are part of the Eagles or some bullshit which validates his opinion. Here he is running his mouth with this rubbish to me when his own club has the worst ever drug culture. He'd never bring this up. Can't wait to rub his face into it. Unfortunately we can't choose our family :(

So glad i live in melbourne would hate reading all the time about the steaming pile of s**t that is west coast what a messed up club they are should have there cupboards emptied completely the whole club is bullshit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can they just take a premiership off WC or stop bringing this stuff up every 6 months. Even for me, even as a Freo supporter, it is becoming a bit repetitive.

People are already fed up with the Essendon drug saga, so a bit hypocritical to bring up WC constantly, especially seeing as it's nearly a decade older.

Either take the premiership away or let it be what it is, part of the unchangeable past. As I am not a WC supporter, so I like to live in the present, I recon the AFL should just move on and stop bringing up.

Can they just take a premiership off WC or stop bringing this stuff up every 6 months. Even for me, even as a Freo supporter, it is becoming a bit repetitive.

People are already fed up with the Essendon drug saga, so a bit hypocritical to bring up WC constantly, especially seeing as it's nearly a decade older.

Either take the premiership away or let it be what it is, part of the unchangeable past. As I am not a WC supporter, so I like to live in the present, I recon the AFL should just move on and stop bringing up.

The AFL didn't bring it up. The original report by a Supreme Court judge was leaked by persons unknown, after being kept hidden for 9 years.
And as I posted earlier, there are legitimate reasons for airing this dirty linen, if people who presided over that debacle are going to be held properly accountable.
And as we discuss the 3 strike policy and the like, it's also important for punters to know what went wrong back then.

I don't think the AFL brought it up. In fact they have done everything possible to bury it for the last 8 or 9 years, and that is part of the problem.

Edit: Spotto Grandstan.

I know it wasn't the AFL that brought it up but they are literally reporting on things that everyone has known for years. Who doesn't know that WC had a drug problem?

The report covered nothing new, except for the fact that it was covered up a bit, which again, is fairly obvious.

Just give them a punishment and move on or don't and move on.

Now you have Barry Hall saying he wants WC to lose the premiership (meaning he'll get it), Judd saying he thinks they should keep it (meaning he keeps it) and every media outlet is reporting on it.

This will happen every time they bring up and I'm sick of it.

I know it wasn't the AFL that brought it up but they are literally reporting on things that everyone has known for years. Who doesn't know that WC had a drug problem?

The report covered nothing new, except for the fact that it was covered up a bit, which again, is fairly obvious.

Just give them a punishment and move on or don't and move on.

Now you have Barry Hall saying he wants WC to lose the premiership (meaning he'll get it), Judd saying he thinks they should keep it (meaning he keeps it) and every media outlet is reporting on it.

This will happen every time they bring up and I'm sick of it.

Be honest, do you sometimes think that Chris Masten and Jack Darling are unfairly maligned?

Is it just me or is satisfying to see Rhys Palmer only be an emergency in one of the weaker teams in the AFL.

Not me, I will always have a soft spot for Palmer for being a shining light when we needed it and hope he ends up killing it.
I never like him after Barlow incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back