BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So it would be fair to assume that pat Diamond is talking crap with his claim that Thornton, Houlihan & 2 Ammo guns have also signed at South? Because that would be another 16 points. And don't forget Judd & Harvey making one off appearances. 6 each. 1/2 the recruits will be playing in the 2s if you believe everything on here.

So it would be fair to assume that pat Diamond is talking crap with his claim that Thornton, Houlihan & 2 Ammo guns have also signed at South? Because that would be another 16 points. And don't forget Judd & Harvey making one off appearances. 6 each. 1/2 the recruits will be playing in the 2s if you believe everything on here.

What a massive get TAYTE PEARS - I gave you the mail way back - told you a bomber was coming.

And did anyone see another familar bomber face down at training last night? Was that the great KEVIN SHEEDY mentoring coach Scorcha. Woweeee.

FYI Merrigan, Thornton is coming and is 3 points.

60 listed players
53 of them have played at Melton Sth for 1 or more years and 7 new players
Show me a club in any comp with a record like that?

Not long now.

Its Panther Time!!! Get the song ready

What a massive get TAYTE PEARS - I gave you the mail way back - told you a bomber was coming.

And did anyone see another familar bomber face down at training last night? Was that the great KEVIN SHEEDY mentoring coach Scorcha. Woweeee.

60 listed players

Not long now.

Jesus I hope you blokes win some early games coz if you drop some early watch the joint fall apart

60 listed players

Not long now.

Yes a very good looking set of numbers and yes Thornton only 3 points - sorry. But we keep reading it's more than 7, including the other blokes I mentioned. And if that is true, with the 7 you are talking about totalling 32 points already, any more new players simply can't all play in the same team at the same time can they.

60 listed players

Not long now.

let me show you bacchus marsh. 62 that have played at the club plus their recruits? interesting to note that south have put in a thirds senior team which shows numbers must be good. are league money grabbing. i thought thats why they have superrules. do you lose supporters,helpers and have to find more coaches,trainers runner ? when and where do they play?

60 listed players

Not long now.

I only hope your still around chirping in a few years time.Only my opinion but anything short of a flag for South is a failure.Most important thing for them this year is the U18s have a good team made up of locals as they will be needed when the current circus moves on.Much prefer the Marsh and Sunbury model of raise your own spend within your means and when the time is recruit the missing pieces.Some judge success on the immediate whilst I and many others judge on sustainability and longevity.I will sit back and watch with interest.

I only hope your still around chirping in a few years time.Only my opinion but anything short of a flag for South is a failure.Most important thing for them this year is the U18s have a good team made up of locals as they will be needed when the current circus moves on.Much prefer the Marsh and Sunbury model of raise your own spend within your means and when the time is recruit the missing pieces.Some judge success on the immediate whilst I and many others judge on sustainability and longevity.I will sit back and watch with interest.
Melton south are still going to have 13-14 local guys run out round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"In limbo footballer Matthew Notman has had his appeal to override his contract with Melton Football Club, in order to play with Melton South, rejected.

Notman signed a contract to play with Melton in the 2017 season, but has since made a bid to return to his original club – but the appeal submission was turned down by football development managers who liaise with AFL Victoria.

Despite the initial rejection, Melton South co-coach Sean Triplett confirmed the club would take the appeal one step further and seek the input of AFL Victoria.

Ballarat Football League commercial and regional operations manager Aaron Nunn said the decision was a simple one given the signed contract.

“Matthew either plays football for the Melton Football Club or he sits out the length of the contract he’s got with the footy club,” Nunn said.

Nunn said it provided a reminder to players to be diligent with their contract negotiations and understand the long-term commitment.

“It just goes to show that players need to be mindful of what they’re signing and the commitment they’re making to footy clubs and honour those agreements.”

Melton South expects to have an answer from AFL Victoria by mid-week.

Melton coach Brad Murphy said Notman would be welcome back at the club despite the drawn out conflict."

"In limbo footballer Matthew Notman has had his appeal to override his contract with Melton Football Club, in order to play with Melton South, rejected.

Notman signed a contract to play with Melton in the 2017 season, but has since made a bid to return to his original club – but the appeal submission was turned down by football development managers who liaise with AFL Victoria.

Despite the initial rejection, Melton South co-coach Sean Triplett confirmed the club would take the appeal one step further and seek the input of AFL Victoria.

Ballarat Football League commercial and regional operations manager Aaron Nunn said the decision was a simple one given the signed contract.

“Matthew either plays football for the Melton Football Club or he sits out the length of the contract he’s got with the footy club,” Nunn said.

Nunn said it provided a reminder to players to be diligent with their contract negotiations and understand the long-term commitment.

“It just goes to show that players need to be mindful of what they’re signing and the commitment they’re making to footy clubs and honour those agreements.”

Melton coach Brad Murphy said Notman would be welcome back at the club despite the drawn out conflict."
"Welcome back" The coach at Melton must be dreaming if he thinks that after playing hard ball with the Notman saga he would even think of stepping foot into Melton in 2017. Watch out for fireworks round 1.

Last edited:

Swapping clubs as much as your jocks was going to come back and backfire one day, especially between local rivals.

"Welcome back" The coach at Melton must be dreaming if he thinks that after playing hard ball with the Norman saga he would even think of stepping foot into Melton in 2017. Watch out for fireworks round 1.

Has Notman had a falling out with anyone at the bloods which resulted in him leaving ? Or was it just the fev/$$$/coaching gig carrot was dangled in front of him ?

"Welcome back" The coach at Melton must be dreaming if he thinks that after playing hard ball with the Norman saga he would even think of stepping foot into Melton in 2017. Watch out for fireworks round 1.

Watch out for fireworks? What are they going to do? Bash them? Back to old habits at South then, all of Sutton's efforts in cleaning that joint up will have amounted to nothing. Ever think of looking to Notman if you want somebody to blame?

Watch out for fireworks? What are they going to do? Bash them? Back to old habits at South then, all of Sutton's efforts in cleaning that joint up will have amounted to nothing. Ever think of looking to Notman if you want somebody to blame?
I've been at south a long time and bashing people has never been what has happened there lol if anything sutts would of been the one that was in the most scraps

What were the old habits at south? Curious!
Don't you think he wishes he didn't sign. Things in life change from day to day. The kid just wants to play and has also been given the opportunity to do some coaching. Let's hope it works out for Matt's sake.

Anyone have practice match results ?
Bacchus got up over leopold by 3 or 4 goals. Great hit out.
Jarrah makysmow was unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back