Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
Last year we sent out a team of tired, ordinary footballers and the Bulldogs slammed 10 goals on us before we even got hold of the ball. Same, uninspired names rolled out again. Look at that backline..what a crock of mediocrity!!

Danyle, Suban, Zac, Ibbotson, Sutcliffe all getting a gig in our rebuild. We will get flogged with only Ffye and the Hills to offer any resistance.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Last year we sent out a team of tired, ordinary footballers and the Bulldogs slammed 10 goals on us before we even got hold of the ball. Same, uninspired names rolled out again. Look at that backline..what a crock of mediocrity!!

Danyle, Suban, Zac, Ibbotson, Sutcliffe all getting a gig in our rebuild. We will get flogged with only Ffye and the Hills to offer any resistance.
Ibbo had a good preseason. If you are looking at names who didnt.. Dawson, Johnson, Langdon, Pearce and Sutcliffe are the first 5 that come to mind that somehow made this team. Johnson is past his used by date, was good, a few years ago..

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Melt melt melts melt melt.

There are three players to be cut from the bench by the end of the day.

Melting and getting in early with whipping boys

So apart from the kebab shop, Johnson has had his best preseason in years. His game play in the JLT series (2 worth watching) was good. And you are so far off the money with Langdon that you just look ridiculous.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Gotcha.
He should've arrived ready made and development isn't a thing.
Notwithstanding the fact that his skill level is fine for a fella with under 20 games.
I think I've compared nonsenses with you enough for a decade or so.
Ta.
Development of body and decision making can happen, but you can't just got from an average kick to a good kick, it's talent. Some people have it, some don't. He doesn't. As much as he tries hard.. it doesn't make him a good player.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ahhhhh the BigFooty melts. Good to see this place hasn't changed.

Still dirty Yarran won't be lining up after a solid AFL preseason. What a w***er.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
There are three players to be cut from the bench by the end of the day.

So apart from the kebab shop, Johnson has had his best preseason in years. His game play in the JLT series (2 worth watching) was good. And you are so far off the money with Langdon that you just look ridiculous.
I watched all but the Eagles game in the JLT and he couldn't take a mark to save himself, was epically slow and missed his targets. The game has passed him by.

How am I off with Langdon? He barely hit a target, rushed his kicks and the only notable thing he did was kick a goal after the siren.

Also I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by changing what I wrote. Are you that immature that you have to write a saying said by 15 year Olds to describe me disagreeing with you?

He should be known as Garrick.
Maybe his mum met his dad on a one night stand and couldn't remember if his name.
Was it Garry? Or was it Eric?
Either way Garrick is a cool name.
nice gary.jpg

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I watched all but the Eagles game in the JLT and he couldn't take a mark to save himself, was epically slow and missed his targets. The game has passed him by.

How am I off with Langdon? He barely hit a target, rushed his kicks and the only notable thing he did was kick a goal after the siren.

Also I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by changing what I wrote. Are you that immature that you have to write a saying said by 15 year Olds to describe me disagreeing with you?

You watched only the first JLT? Christ on a stick.

You are wrong in each of your subsequent statements on Langdon.

I'm editing what you say for clarity. If you think what you say deserves more respect, perhaps you should put more thought into your statements. The world is not as black and white as you perceive.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
You watched only the first JLT? Christ on a stick.

You are wrong in each of your subsequent statements on Langdon.

I'm editing what you say for clarity. If you think what you say deserves more respect, perhaps you should put more thought into your statements. The world is not as black and white as you perceive.
I watched all but the Eagles game in the JLT

Since you can't read. And you can't make that decision that I haven't put thought into my statements, simply because you disagree with them. Despite evidence being the contrary on Langdon and Johnson over the last two years. Last year was a chance for Langdon to step up in the rebuild. He didn't. He still hasn't in the JLT. He struggles to find the ball and when he does, doesn't do much constructive with it.

Gussman

All Australian
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

I would rather Johnson in defense over Dawson. And the only KPD we have really ready to impact at AFL level (not named in the 22) is Collins. So I recon Dawson dropped => Collins in. Rather then drop Johnson. Logue will be ready sooner the latter, just needs to get his positioning better and stop looking so lost on the field. Until then I'll rather play Johnson.

I'll agree with you that Langdon could of done better. I remember one passage of play where we won the ball and ran into the 50 really well only to shank it and kick it out of bounds on the full. However with Ballas injured and Weller looking very good down back, we have very little in terms of replacements. I also think that he is a better kick then Mayne, so he's an improvement from last year regardless.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Johnson not going to last, just leave him alone let him play . opportunity will come for other. Our backup is as thin as before with uber , most probably duman on LTI .

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I would rather Johnson in defense over Dawson. And the only KPD we have really ready to impact at AFL level (not named in the 22) is Collins. So I recon Dawson dropped => Collins in. Rather then drop Johnson. Logue will be ready sooner the latter, just needs to get his positioning better and stop looking so lost on the field. Until then I'll rather play Johnson.

I'll agree with you that Langdon could of done better. I remember one passage of play where we won the ball and ran into the 50 really well only to shank it and kick it out of bounds on the full. However with Ballas injured and Weller looking very good down back, we have very little in terms of replacements. I also think that he is a better kick then Mayne, so he's an improvement from last year regardless.
I don't disagree on the Johnson point, it's unfortunate, but I was merely pointing out that his time is up.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Johnson was quite rusty, mainly it was a few fumbled marks and scrubber kicks. He still defended well and got to the right spots to intercept. He did quite abit right aswell I thought, a few decent intercepts and a few good kicks up the centre of the ground.

Confident that he will improve his touch as the games go on.

Langdon's disposal is an issue and Pav even said so during the JLT. Similar to DPearce he needs to slow down a step or two before he kicks it. I think alot of his issue sprouts from him rushing. He needs to watch Brad Hill closely, Brad knows when to go flat out and when to slow down.

We've made 8 changes to last year's round 23 squad. That's a fair change. Bennell and hopefully APearce will eventually make 10 changes from the squad last year. Then the possibility of Logue, Ryan, Balic, Grey, etc. We could be talking about changing our best22 by over 50% from the end of last year.

No point throwing every kid we have into the game. We need stability around these kids we are bringing in.

However, if Suban gets listed.... lookout because I will be going postal.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
After reading the west ross interview , sutty , sherriden, d.pearce will be here to stayed this season in afl. Langdon , blakely will be the players to make way when bennell is back .

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
After reading the west ross interview , sutty , sherriden, d.pearce will be here to stayed this season in afl. Langdon , blakely will be the players to make way when bennell is back .

Yet Sheridan played for Peel last week and is only on the extended bench on Sunday.
I did not get that from reading Lyon's interview - where did he say this? Or are you reading between the lines too?

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yet Sheridan played for Peel last week and is only on the extended bench on Sunday.
I did not get that from reading Lyon's interview - where did he say this? Or are you reading between the lines too?
Maybe I interpreted wrongly as I read this part . but he did mention we , so is collective input rather than him alone.

MD: Do you have a group of players like Tommy Sheridan, Hayden Crozier and perhaps even Nick Suban who is a little older - who need to take a step this year. They still haven’t nailed down positions?
RL: We felt Tommy had. He probably wasn’t at his best last year but he has had a good summer. Hayden Crozier was always that skinnier kid when he was taken and his footy maturity has taken longer but he played really well in the WAFL at the weekend. You are right. we need him to come on because we have invested six years in him now. Nick Suban is a 100-game player and the way he kicks the ball is important. His last year wasn’t (great) but he wasn’t the lone ranger. They are really important players to come on. Otherwise you are just chasing your tail. You need to add to what you have got, not add and lose.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe I interpreted wrongly as I read this part . but he did mention we , so is collective input rather than him alone.

MD: Do you have a group of players like Tommy Sheridan, Hayden Crozier and perhaps even Nick Suban who is a little older - who need to take a step this year. They still haven’t nailed down positions?
RL: We felt Tommy had. He probably wasn’t at his best last year but he has had a good summer. Hayden Crozier was always that skinnier kid when he was taken and his footy maturity has taken longer but he played really well in the WAFL at the weekend. You are right. we need him to come on because we have invested six years in him now. Nick Suban is a 100-game player and the way he kicks the ball is important. His last year wasn’t (great) but he wasn’t the lone ranger. They are really important players to come on. Otherwise you are just chasing your tail. You need to add to what you have got, not add and lose.

Reading too much into it. A coach has to back in their players. I couldn't see him answering that with: "Sheridan has been disappointing this pre-season hence why he didn't play the last JLT game", "Crozier hasn't lived up anywhere close to the potential he showed when we first drafted him", "Suban has been spudding it up for over a year now", "It's important they start showing something soon or they'll be delisted come years end" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back