Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Better reproduction of the Destiny 2 poster:

d64f2726-2d61-413c-a53f-c26441640978.jpeg

Interesting, although the quality isn't great, it looks like it's a still of live action rather than in game. I wonder if the first teaser trailer will be live action.

Also as much as I'd probably prefer to play it on PC like Luki said, this game and the friendships and fun we had on console. I can't give that up. It's what made D1 so good.

Blacky "Just do die"

Jetblacky has died

PSN? Usually a group of us that struggle for a couple of extras, can add you to the PSN group.

nekro_turd

I'm pretty far behind so will likely just have to wait it out until Destiny 2. Haven't touched it since shortly after Rise of Iron, in fact haven't reinstalled it since getting the Pro. I think my light is only 250 or 260 from memory. I've got it patching now so I'll take a look at it over the weekend and see where I'm at.

Interesting, although the quality isn't great, it looks like it's a still of live action rather than in game. I wonder if the first teaser trailer will be live action.

Also as much as I'd probably prefer to play it on PC like Luki said, this game and the friendships and fun we had on console. I can't give that up. It's what made D1 so good.

Blacky "Just do die"

Jetblacky has died

The first trailer was a live trailer.

Vale Dinglebot. :(

It needs to be a drastic change from D1 to interest me.

Division and Destiny are well behind Borderlands as shoot and looters.

Borderlands understands that the point of chasing guns, nades and whatever is that better ones will look better, have better effects and do different s**t.

Not just higher DPS.

You realise that a lot of the end game guns in Destiny did exactly this right? If you skipped out before you got them I don't blame you as Destiny bungled the gap between Level 20 and being raid ready at Level 27. But Destiny has a lot of versatile weapons which basically only came out at the end game. Also the shooting mechanics in Destiny left Borderlands in its dust.

Borderlands 2 is a fantastic game, probably my GOTY of 2012. It beats out Destiny in a lot of the outer game design aspects. If Destiny can tighten up its stuff in regards to quest management and mission structure it will make for a more complete game and a genuine top tier game. Rather than the bipolar highs and lows that the original Destiny had.

To be honest, skipping out before this point is exactly what I did.

This was one of the main failings of OG Destiny. That gap between the end of the campaign and the start of the raid was too arbitrary for a lot of people to persist with. This meant a lot of people left the game having only used filler content and having missed the best component to the game itself, the raid. For most of the people optimistic about D2 stuck it out until the raid and remember that experience. It was unlike anything I had played before or since and it was immensely enjoyable. But Bungie has to be better about getting people there and that's one of the things for Bungie to address.

In a lot of ways Destiny fixed its loot economy after you left as well, at this point in time they're just handing out crap for everything rather than forcing the playerbase to shoot at a cave to overcome their shitty RNG. A lot of the better weapons are obtained via quests rather than RNG and there are a lot of simple ways to maximise your RNG. It came way too late mind you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back