Autopsy Round 1 v Richmond - Blues go down by 43

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More deck chair shuffling

Unfortunately we have to play 4 to 5 deckchairs every week again this year. Luckily, this is down from about 8 last year.

It is what it is, and i know you know this.

The most important thing is we stick to only 4 or 5 and no more. It doesn't matter who the names attached are.

11 or 12 good young 23 and under prospects( Docherty on down) each week.

6 good/goodish senior players each week.

4 or 5 deckchairs each week.

That is our mix for the year.

The good thing is we will decrease the deckchair number again next year. It is lowering. Another maybe good thing from last night is maybe Smedts won't be a deckchair and maybe we can move him onto the periphery of our limited list of goodish senior players.

Didnt like Rances assault on Weitering.
First few minutes,definite hit,premeditated.
Struck him with his palms from behind as Weitering was running by,targeted his floating ribs just on his left kidney.
Palm can be more effective than a punch.
He has kidney punched him from behind.
Should be 2 weeks.
Agree, it was also about 40m off the ball.

maybe the happiest 40 point loss I've ever endured

endured ....

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/endure
Unfortunately we have to play 4 to 5 deckchairs every week again this year. Luckily, this is down from about 8 last year.

It is what it is, and i know you know this.

The most important thing is we stick to only 4 or 5 and no more. It doesn't matter who the names attached are.

11 or 12 good young 23 and under prospects( Docherty on down) each week.

6 good/goodish senior players each week.

4 or 5 deckchairs each week.

That is our mix for the year.

The good thing is we will decrease the deckchair number again next year. It is lowering. Another maybe good thing from last night is maybe Smedts won't be a deckchair and maybe we can move him onto the periphery of our limited list of goodish senior players.

So sad ... so true ... 10 more gone at end of 2017.

The other thing I've noticed this year (JLT included) is we go zone defence EVERY time at stoppages.

Opposition sides simply flood the zone and easy goals ensue.
We were exposed terribly when getting smashed at stoppages. Worked okay when we actually won the pill from the coalface. Sadly, the former happens much more regularly than the latter.

Is this the same Jones that took the specie in the first 20 seconds in the JLT and was never seen again?:rolleyes:

To be fair, We didnt see much of any of our forwards in that game, the ball wasnt down their end for more than 10 mins all game.

To compare our tall forwards from that JLT game:
Jones - 6 Disp, 4 marks 3 Hitouts 1Tackle
McKay - 8 Disp, 3 Marks, 0 Hitouts, 0Tackles
Rowe (if memory serves he was forward?) - 6 Disp, 5 Marks 7 Hitouts, 2 Tackles

Nobody up forward did much of anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want Fyfe. Now isn't the right time. I don't think he will leave Freo anyway.

I don't give us a chance of getting him but i'd want him if he was free trade wise.

Get Fyfe, use 2017 1st draft pick on best mid & trade 2018 1st for someone like Hopper + change.
Immediate boost of 3 gun players to our midfield would make a huge difference in addition to Murphy, Gibbs, Cripps & SPS.

Just like that we'd have 5 A grade mids plus a young SPS & top 3 pick draftee in our midfield.
We'd suddenly have a good midfield. It can turnaround quickly if we play our cards right.

Fyfe, Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs, Hopper, SPS & 2017 top 3 pick draftee.

Awesome, what we want is trade talk already.
I know its exciting but I'd wanna get a couple of games out of the way before we under-rate our players, over rate others and think massive things happen in trade week.

As a non Carlton supporter I cannot understand the flack Murphy gets from Carlton supporters. He always racks up kicks, does a lot of hard running and links play. I'd love to have him at Richmond. He is a gun little player.
So.......are you talking a deal here?

I thought the umpiring was average, wasnt a deciding factor but was inconsistent at times and between umps.
thats what gets me is inconsistency in calls. Thats the major flaw in AFL i feel, too many rules are open to interpretation.

Nothing like heaping pressure on the kid. Not only do many here want him to come in a boot five goals next week, now they also want him to have the responsibility of being back up ruck against one of the best in the business? Crazy. Let him bide his time in the VFL for a little while. Build some confidence, fitness etc without the pressure.

Why is that a bad thing? It's a tough sport. How's the pressure been on Weitering since day one. At only 19 he's now our best key forward and main target with less than 22 games. What's more important he can handle it and I reckon McKay is the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back