Preview Round 1 - Fremantle vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that upset about Suban being in the side honestly. Last year he was exceptionally poor because he was expected to be one of our experienced mids/attackers when that's way outside his depth. He'll be playing a role-player support role to our stars on the weekend now that we have them all back, so I'm actually interested to see how he goes.

I would've prefered Crozier, but they're not really like for like players. Sure Balic played like he deserved a spot, but from all reports he was limping through the game, and I'd much rather he get another week at Peel where he can be managed if he's sore, than put him into the seniors and watch him break down.
Not sure balic deserve a gig in senior until somebody in freo star stud mid injured . Yes he got his 30 possession , but if other in peel team don't play their role he might as well get 15 possession . I will want to see grey and deluca type out of the team and balic still getting 30 possession .

Ross specifically instructed him to play without flair.

I am 100% certain it is public record that Ross has instructed at least Crozier and McPharlin to not fly for grabs as it is not the percentage play.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/high-flying-crozier-gets-green-light-ng-ya-109413

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has given Hayden Crozier a licence to fly for his marks as he enjoys a new lease of life as a defender. “I just need to make sure I clunk them, and if I do drop them, I have to bring it to the front,” Crozier said. “It’s just having the confidence to go for it.

“Ross has backed me in to go for my marks. If I keep taking them, I’ll be OK.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/high-flying-crozier-gets-green-light-ng-ya-109413

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has given Hayden Crozier a licence to fly for his marks as he enjoys a new lease of life as a defender. “I just need to make sure I clunk them, and if I do drop them, I have to bring it to the front,” Crozier said. “It’s just having the confidence to go for it.

“Ross has backed me in to go for my marks. If I keep taking them, I’ll be OK.”
Sweet only took him 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Crippa fronted up, I'm still waiting to see the public record that you are 100% certain about where Ross instructed them not to fly.

Or was that just another cheap shot at the coach without factual backing?
I know what I've read. Why did Mcpharlin stop going for grabs? If Crozier was given permission last year, logically speaking, what did he have before that?

5 years to do what? Play as a defender? I thought defenders were "specifically instructed not to fly for grabs"?
To get permission to play in a fashion that got him drafted in the first place.

I know what I've read. Why did Mcpharlin stop going for grabs? If Crozier was given permission last year, logically speaking, what did he have before that?

To get permission to play in a fashion that got him drafted in the first place.

When did Luke stop going for grabs:rolleyes:.........When he hung up his boots;)

It certainly looked like Croz was "grounded" in his first few years with us as he never flew for anything. And in the early days, I think from memory it was his second preseason someone on here, a training watcher, reported that he flew at training and Ross blasted s**t out of him for not playing the %'s.

There's also no doubt that since last year he's been freed to go for it. It's noticeable in his play and obviously as Crippa has shown, Croz has mentioned it.

It certainly looked like Croz was "grounded" in his first few years with us as he never flew for anything. And in the early days, I think from memory it was his second preseason someone on here, a training watcher, reported that he flew at training and Ross blasted s**t out of him for not playing the %'s.

There's also no doubt that since last year he's been freed to go for it. It's noticeable in his play and obviously as Crippa has shown, Croz has mentioned it.
That's what I was thinking of, cheers.

I could honestly see crozier make big impact in a team like collingwood. If he was to get discarded and years end, he'll find a team alot easier than say sherro or suban.

Thing is, he has forever traded on that draft year mark, which he effectively took in the bread basket. If he were a 'put your glasses down' kind of overhead marking target like Fyfe or JK, no-one would ever caution him on going up for marks. But he's not.

I could honestly see crozier make big impact in a team like collingwood. If he was to get discarded and years end, he'll find a team alot easier than say sherro or suban.
If he doesn't get many games this year I can see someone like Hawthorn or St Kilda going after him. Not sure what we'd get for him, maybe a second rounder.

That's what I was thinking of, cheers.
Ah yes, a training watcher reported that on one occasion Ross blasted Crozier for not playing the percentages, therefore it is public record that Ross instructed Crozier and McPharlin to not fly for grabs. :rolleyes:

"I am 100% certain it is public record that Ross has instructed at least Crozier and McPharlin to not fly for grabs as it is not the percentage play."

Seriously? You're usually better than that mate.

Thing is, he has forever traded on that draft year mark, which he effectively took in the bread basket. If he were a 'put your glasses down' kind of overhead marking target like Fyfe or JK, no-one would ever caution him on going up for marks. But he's not.

Don't agree. His junior footy was littered with high flying spectacular marks. The mark in the 18's carnival was far from a one-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back