Division 3 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond Central are looking for a practice match on the 18th of March away from home, if you have a ground available and are free for a game, please send me a private message.

GMac, I'd completely ignore the Scoresby game. Scores were even at half time. With the sudden storm and wind shift at 3 quarter time they had a gale in the last quarter. They had a strong wind for 3 quarters and appear to be a good side. Last week a kick after the siren made it 8 points and yesterday we were walloped by a good side. It hasn't helped that we seem to have played some of the stronger sides in the division so far. As I remember it, Mitcham struggled in their first season in Div 3 and didn't get too many wins, neither did Scoresby, so why are you surprised.

Correct Mitcham struggled 1st year D3 and only a win in the last game I think against Templestowe stopped them from dropping from D1,2,3 to D4 in successive seasons.Scoresby 1st season in D3 last season and just missed out on finals.My mail was EB had done well off season and good to see they have 19's on the park this season.

After 6 rounds last year Scoresby had one win and were on the bottom of the ladder. So we will see how we are progressing then. Anyway great to see you've finally admitted how good EB's ground is:).

Speaking of grounds - was at Walker Park with juniors on Sunday morning & must admit it is the best I have ever seen the ground. Absolutely beautiful surface. (Can't believe I am posting this - but it is true), credit where it is due.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be about the last thing done in Whitehorse for some time after they committed to spending $89 Million on their Arts Centre. As rates can't be increased you would think that there will be a shortage of funds for sports and other things for the next 10 years. Mitcham footy ground will be overshadowed by the multistory car park.

If ever a football team needs support from its old supporters it is now.East Burwood FC with an awesome history in EFL footy since the 1960's now bottom of D3 and facing relegation to D4. Were a D1 club 4 years ago.

Damian Cupido is to play the remainder of the season at EB. He played in last season's premiership with EB Cricket Club.

Really ?

He played for Gippsland vs the Yarra Valley interleague game few weeks ago, sat at ff and had 3 kicks for the day

Never got off it GMac.
The club has been trying for a while to get a new forward but as you would be aware most people are in the middle of a season and players are hard to get. He has some mates from the cricket club so that has helped. Well aware of history Bobby, but as you say desperate times. The team is a bunch of young guys learning the game, they regularly get the ball forward only to see it repelled. A key forward will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back