Political Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've misread the intent mate?
225px-Brain_Slugs.jpg

100% legit photo of greens controlling labor PM's :)

Have a tantrum all you want. Did you not tell me the other day that the LNQ was basically a vote for the Nationals and the Libs were a non event in QLD? Now you've produced stats which show the Libs are over half the vote and you are still claiming to be right? What kind of logic is that?

As for dumb comments that takes the cake, surely you can see the idiocy in your conflicting posts?

I have told you that the leading party varies from election to election, the last 2 elections before the split, Labor led one and the Libs the other. WHY THE **** ARE YOU CONTINUING TO IGNORE THIS? NOT ONCE HAVE YOU ADDRESSED IT.

Now you've repeated your stupid assertion that the Coalition exists to beat one party in Labor when you know you wouldn't win without Greens preferences.

Oh, EC.

You know you're desperate when you you start to attack the person's frustration instead of their argument.

You also know you're desperate when you try to change the argument.

You claimed the LNP vote in Queensland was a vote for the Liberal Party. It's fine that you said something silly - people do. It's the Internet. That's obviously a dumb thing to say about Queensland, which has always had a massive voter support for the Country Party / Nationals compared to other states.

Don't flail around trying to make the argument something else, to distract from the stupid thing you said. Just walk away from it.

My point was a minor one. That, when measuring single party votes, the Labor Party has higher numbers than every other individual party.

That's obviously unarguable. it's just numbers. Vader and I have both listed them.

It's not a big deal. Just shrug and move on.

You trying to find tiny things to still argue when the facts are just clear just wastes everyone's time - especially yours. There are other things we can be discussing.

You can be so one-eyed on here that it's pointless discussing anything with you. You have firm biases and even small obvious points with facts behind them seem impossible for you to acknowledge.

Oh that's hilarious, just like the Nationals take a lot of votes from the Liberals in the country seats.

So what? I wasn't saying it was good or bad, just pointing out the obvious.

yeah, I've skipped a few posts, my fault.

Yes, it was an "argument" about which single party has the most voter support in Australia.

EC is so deeply one-eyed towards the Libs, he can't stand having the numbers pointed out to him. It's weird.

It's just numbers. Labor has more voters than the other parties. Hence four parties merging into the Coalition.

Weirdly - and I guess in order to change the subject - EC brings up that Labor has preference support from the Greens. Which is fine - except we were discussing primary votes, and preferences aren't a Coalition.

Anyway - moving on ...

Oh, EC.

You know you're desperate when you you start to attack the person's frustration instead of their argument.

You also know you're desperate when you try to change the argument.

You claimed the LNP vote in Queensland was a vote for the Liberal Party. It's fine that you said something silly - people do. It's the Internet. That's obviously a dumb thing to say about Queensland, which has always had a massive voter support for the Country Party / Nationals compared to other states.

Don't flail around trying to make the argument something else, to distract from the stupid thing you said. Just walk away from it.

My point was a minor one. That, when measuring single party votes, the Labor Party has higher numbers than every other individual party.

That's obviously unarguable. it's just numbers. Vader and I have both listed them.

It's not a big deal. Just shrug and move on.

You trying to find tiny things to still argue when the facts are just clear just wastes everyone's time - especially yours. There are other things we can be discussing.

You can be so one-eyed on here that it's pointless discussing anything with you. You have firm biases and even small obvious points with facts behind them seem impossible for you to acknowledge.
What I have worked out about you is that whilst you try and come from some higher ground, when it boils down to it you are full of it and will weasel your way rather than admit you are talking crap.

I said in the LNQ there are obviously Liberal voters, I provided some numbers from 2007 to prove that, in just 2 seats I looked at, they only recorded 5k less votes than Labor, so there is obviously a decent amount in there. You keep ignoring this and the fact I've said it.

I've also told you that in the 2004 election, the Libs led the vote, you've just ignored this again.

I've also told you that in 2007, Labor did, just to prove that I'm objective on this subject. Again you've ignored it.

I've also said the popular vote depends on the election, again you've ignored this.

You are the one trying to compare the National figure of Labor versus the Libs minus QLD. It's a ridiculous position to take and only one you'd trying and make if your position was so weak. The fact Vader agrees with you says it all.

Yes, it was an "argument" about which single party has the most voter support in Australia.

EC is so deeply one-eyed towards the Libs, he can't stand having the numbers pointed out to him. It's weird.

It's just numbers. Labor has more voters than the other parties. Hence four parties merging into the Coalition.

Weirdly - and I guess in order to change the subject - EC brings up that Labor has preference support from the Greens. Which is fine - except we were discussing primary votes, and preferences aren't a Coalition.

Anyway - moving on ...
I'd say runnng away after spinning more bull.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In which universe did the Liberal vote exceed Labor's?

Here are the official AEC figures, taken from the 2016 Federal Election, for the House of Representatives.
Labor: 4,702,296
Liberal: 3,882,905
The Greens: 1,385,650
Liberal National Party: 1,153,736
The Nationals: 624,555
Country Liberals (NT): 32,409

The Coalition's vote exceeds Labor's. However, Labor clearly received the most votes of any individual party.
results.aec.gov.au/20499/Website/Downloads/HouseFirstPrefsByPartyDownload-20499.csv

Remember this post, EC?

This is the one where you said we had to count all of the LNP votes for the Libs, otherwise we're forgetting QLD.

You know - one of the posts where you ignored the fact that half of those LNP votes were for the National Party.

In QLD the Liberals and Nationals have a joint party, the Liberal National Party, you cant split the vote.

In the 2013 Election:

Labor: 4.311M
Liberal: 4.134M
Liberal National: 1.152M

Combined:
Labor: 4.311M
Liberal & Liberal National: 5.29M.

2016 Election:

Labor: 4.702M
Liberal: 3.882M
Liberal National: 1.153M

Combined:
Labor: 4.702M
Liberal & Liberal National: 5.04M.

I have not combined the seperate National vote.

Sorry but you can not possibly come to the conclusion you have without heavily leaning left and making up porkies ;)

Remember this post, EC?

This is probably the one that really let you down. Here's where you genuinely combine all the LNP votes to the Libs, ignoring the fact that half those votes are from the QLD National Party supporters.

This is the post you really should have just acknowledged was wrong, and let it slide.

Sigh. The Queensland results of the last two elections before the LNP merger.

2004 Election

Labor 1,011,630
Liberal 398,147
National 365,005

2006 Election

Labor 1,032,617
Liberal 442,453
National 392,124

What can we learn from this?

1. Labor was more popular then either party individually.
2. The LNP is roughly half Lib supporters and roughly half Nats supporters.

Now can we put this to rest? It's obvious that, compared to INDIVIDUAL parties, Labor is the most popular, hence the need for parties to merge into a coalition.

Remember this post, EC?

It's one of the posts showing the voting patterns for LNP before the merger, showing roughly 50% support for Libs and Nats.

Hey! It's the Steve Bannon of BigFooty!

Would love your opinion on this.

I think that numbers support the Labor Party being the most supported single party in Australia with voters.

I'm happy for half the Qld LNP votes to go Liberal and half National to make sure we can fairly represent QLD. Or you can even discount that entire state, I guess?

Now, I know you're a bit of an amateur publicist for the Liberal Party so you'd probably have a few numbers at hand for how they're doing.

Would like to see any data you have that could support me being right or wrong!

That's someone making a joke. Don't you have humor in the alt-right?

Remember this post, EC?

This is probably the one that really let you down. Here's where you genuinely combine all the LNP votes to the Libs, ignoring the fact that half those votes are from the QLD National Party supporters.

This is the post you really should have just acknowledged was wrong, and let it slide.
And what have I said since?

And where have you acknowledged you have been wrong?

Victorian Labor..

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/e...cused-of-electoral-fraud-20170322-gv3wrh.html

Expenses scandal: Nardella and Languiller now accused of electoral fraud
Politicians feeding themselves from the trough has become a joke as it has become so common place.

Real leadership will be when these loose guidleines are tightened so this doesn't become a regular occurrence... which will also give them a little more respect.

All governments are in debt & asking the average person to tighten their belt, so same should apply to politician spending. This includes wasteful advertising, consultants, etc.

Unfortunately, I think both major parties are as bad as each other...

And what have I said since?

And where have you acknowledged you have been wrong?

LOL.

How are all those National voters in QLD going, EC?

Someone?
No it's Godfrey Elfwick, maybe you should acquaint yourself with some of his work though I doubt you'd like it...

We have comedians over here in the centre, so I'm sure I'd love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back