Podcast A new venture - Any Given Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Hey guys, a mate and I have just launched our first episode of our new NFL Podcast, 'Any Given Monday.' We will be posting a weekly episode providing coverage of all things NFL from a few Aussies' perspective. Suitable for the novice to the die hard analytical fan!

Please like our Facebook page 'Any Given Monday Podcast' and follow us on Twitter @AnyGivenMonPod

We have launched our first episode on SoundCloud here:

We also will be launching on iTunes in the next 24 hours.

Additionally, we are also doing a mailbag for future shows so use the hashtag #AskNads on Facebook and Twitter to chime in and participate.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Chief please ban this podcast on bigfooty until it changes its name as it was an original idea from whyalwaysme as the Tagline for this board. I'd almost argue copyright infringement if I knew the laws better.

Chief please ban this podcast on bigfooty until it changes its name as it was an original idea from whyalwaysme as the Tagline for this board. I'd almost argue copyright infringement if I knew the laws better.

The name of our podcast came from an original idea between my co-host and I. We apologize if anyone has been offended and hope you will continue to listen to our show.

Feedback...

- Don't use some artists music/singing in the intro/outro. Better to come up with some little musical piece yourselves, using software out there.
- Make sure the intro is 10-12 seconds long max.
- Don't use those Aikman-like soundbites/video grabs from NFL.com, again copyright stuff, but also detracts from the core of what this is -- a podcast between people talking.
- Have a menu of topics to set up your podcast. Like little titles and segments. So it's better structured as a piece of media and as something that people listening to it can get into better. If it's just a few people rambling on all over the place, more likely people will tune out early or midway thru the podcast.
- Try not to be irritating, too much cackling laughter, or abrasive pitch of voices up and down, is key. So many youtubers/podcasters are getting more subscribers almost purely due to the sound of their voices.
- So many podcasts try to be too serious, and people have heard it all before. Analysis. Podcast end up dying due to lack of interest. Try to do something different.
- There must be some kind of controversy involved, disagreement of opinion between the two hosts, that makes a discussion/debate interesting. See these boards for example...when you have two sides on any topic, more people jump in, the thread ends up pumping.

Feedback...

- Don't use some artists music/singing in the intro/outro. Better to come up with some little musical piece yourselves, using software out there.
- Don't use those Aikman-like soundbites/video grabs from NFL.com, again copyright stuff, but also detracts from the core of what this is -- a podcast between people talking.
- Have a menu of topics to set up your podcast. Like little titles and segments. So it's better structured as a piece of media and as something that people listening to it can get into better. If it's just a few people rambling on all over the place, more likely people will tune out early or midway thru the podcast.
- Try not to be irritating, too much cackling laughter, or abrasive pitch of voices up and down, is key. So many youtubers/podcasters are getting more subscribers almost purely due to the sound of their voices.
- So many podcasts try to be too serious, and people have heard it all before. Analysis. Podcast end up dying due to lack of interest. Try to do something different.
- There must be some kind of controversy involved, disagreement of opinion between the two hosts, that makes a discussion/debate interesting. See these boards for example...when you have two sides on any topic, more people jump in, the thread ends up pumping.

In other words, needs more robot.

Feedback...

Thanks for the feedback mate. Will be releasing episode 2 in the next 48 hours.

Sorry for the delay but we've had way too many technical difficulties this week. At one stage we spent an evening recording only for the audio file to corrupt itself as we were exporting it into a mp3 format. So I feel like I've had my head stuck in my laptop all week getting this out.

Episode 2 is finally here! We debate the Pro Football HOF picks, check out the NFL on social media, our first ever #AskNads and a HUGE Slam Dunc!

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/episode-2-offseason-week-1/id1204256300?i=1000381300271&mt=2

Apologies for the delay, but Episode 3 of the Any Given Monday Podcast is finally here! We cover a bit of social media, and have a MASSIVE interview with Scott Winter, our resident expert on all things to do with the Raiders proposed relocation to Vegas, and of course, a Slam Dunc....or maybe just a layup this week!

Episode 4 is up on Soundcloud and iTunes! We finally run through all the major coaching changes in the offseason, and begin our previews of Free Agency, starting with the offensive side of the ball. Of course we also cover the latest social media happenings and finish with the one and only Slam Dunc!

Be sure to follow us on Facebook at AnyGivenMondayPod and on Twitter @AnyGivenMonPod. You can also catch Nads on Twitter @HBNadolny and Dunc @DSoang. Be sure to fire in some questions for #AskNads.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast...ncy-preview/id1204256300?i=1000382167753&mt=2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode 11 of Any Given Monday is now live on SoundCloud. We provide a full recap of the draft, our thoughts on a number of trades, the QB market and roast the underclassmen who went undrafted!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back