Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XI - The Eleventh One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In February, I received a letter in the mail from the Electoral Commission advising me I did not vote in a local election last October. This would be acceptable if I did not vote. I was there, with my girlfriend, and got my name marked off.

The letter which was received in February, gave me the chance to pay the fine - $78, or appeal. I obviously appealed, and they ask for an explanation etc. I basically wrote something along the lines of "On Saturday X October, I went to (local primary school name) around 9.30am, to vote in the local election. I got my name marked off, filled in the forms, and placed my paper in the ballot box. I would hope this does not happen again, as I obeyed the law, and due to your poor administrational skills, I have been accused of something I did not do. In future, I would hope you have more thorough processes in place to avoid a repeat", or something like that.

Get home from work today. Another letter from the AEC. "Your excuse is insufficient". I have to pay the fine by May 3rd, or I can choose to take it to court.

I lost my s**t. They'll be getting a call from me Monday lunch time and I will be going right through them.
Do you have Facebook evidence that you voted?

My body hates me.

From May to December last year, recurrent ear infections. Finally had grommets put in December.

Going great guns for 2 months then a month ago glandular fever. Relatively mild compared to others experiences, and the only symptoms left for the last two weeks have been headaches and fatigue.

Starting to feel average again over the weekend, see the doc and now I have tonsilitis and another ear infection.

Just take me out the back and shoot me :(

On voting, apparently I didn't vote in an election in WA before I left to move to Victoria. They'd sent the fine etc to my Perth residence which I obviously didn't live at any more so I had no idea. Fast forward to around 10 months later when I finally get around to changing my drivers license and I discover I have been driving without a license for 6 months, because I hadn't paid the fine the WA government had cancelled my drivers license. Didn't even know they could do that!

People on mobile phones in cars, seriously a massive epidemic on the roads now. I see at least a couple of people veering all over the road every day only to pass them and see that they're looking down at their phones. Add to this that when I lane filter (it's legal now people who try to cut me off) I notice at least 10% of people using the phone at the lights. Not sure if I've missed it but for me this is a bigger issue than speeding yet I hear very little about it.

On voting, apparently I didn't vote in an election in WA before I left to move to Victoria. They'd sent the fine etc to my Perth residence which I obviously didn't live at any more so I had no idea. Fast forward to around 10 months later when I finally get around to changing my drivers license and I discover I have been driving without a license for 6 months, because I hadn't paid the fine the WA government had cancelled my drivers license. Didn't even know they could do that!

People on mobile phones in cars, seriously a massive epidemic on the roads now. I see at least a couple of people veering all over the road every day only to pass them and see that they're looking down at their phones. Add to this that when I lane filter (it's legal now people who try to cut me off) I notice at least 10% of people using the phone at the lights. Not sure if I've missed it but for me this is a bigger issue than speeding yet I hear very little about it.
Police apparently have new technology to catch out ppl using their mobile phones while driving. Agree it has become a worrying trend and people also do it heaps while walking.

Sent from iPhone while driving

My body hates me.

From May to December last year, recurrent ear infections. Finally had grommets put in December.

Going great guns for 2 months then a month ago glandular fever. Relatively mild compared to others experiences, and the only symptoms left for the last two weeks have been headaches and fatigue.

Starting to feel average again over the weekend, see the doc and now I have tonsilitis and another ear infection.

Just take me out the back and shoot me :(

possible karma for using phrases like 'going great guns'

they do it on foot too
i have trouble on the walk to and from the station in town getting around campaigners that can't walk in a straight line because they can't put their phone down for 5 seconds
or the old campaigner who almost fell down every flight of stairs leaving the G on saturday night because he would grab his phone on the landing and look at it as he shuffled around, then he'd miss the first step down, stumle down a couple of steps, stop looking at his phone, make it to the bottom and start the process again for the next flight

Shift work. I now understand the Eagles and dockers preoccupation with flying (but in a different sense). This alarm clock will take a decade off my life at least.

A lycra clad cyclist yelled at me today. When I was actually doing a good deed for another believe it or not. Unbelievable.

Police apparently have new technology to catch out ppl using their mobile phones while driving. Agree it has become a worrying trend and people also do it heaps while walking.

What's the new technology? I often see the motorcycle cops in pairs riding up stationary traffic on busy roads looking for people on the phone.

These kind of videos should be shown to all people getting their license. We've all done it before but no one is that important that they can't either wait until they get to their destination or pull over for 2 minutes, if need be, to check their phone.

This is the latest TAC advertisement, from 2013. Can't believe they haven't done another one in 4 years considering how bad it's getting.

What's the new technology? I often see the motorcycle cops in pairs riding up stationary traffic on busy roads looking for people on the phone.

These kind of videos should be shown to all people getting their license. We've all done it before but no one is that important that they can't either wait until they get to their destination or pull over for 2 minutes, if need be, to check their phone.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/roa...s/news-story/d5b67ca3aa5a6bd2a1b67f225a943e6d
The Road Safety Commission has announced it is “observing” a demonstration from a Sydney company of advanced camera technology designed to capture illegal phone use in moving vehicles.

The cameras mounted on towers can be used on bridges to film drivers flouting road rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but turns out I got my wires crossed.

It was a postal vote, which is why my reason was not acceptable. However, I voted for that too. They've ****** up.
Did you drop it off at the local council office or do it through Aust Post? Could be lost in the mail and it's going to be hard to prove to the council that you did vote without a Facebook post.

People who don't decide what they want before getting to the front of the queue.

Closely followed by people who know what they want, but haven't got their money/card ready to pay.
People fiddling around with their myki is one of the most stupid acts you can commit.

FFS, you know you need it, have it ready before you get there.

And also people need to learn that the priority should be to pull over safely, not to pull over immediately to answer their phones. Too often I see people slam on the brakes on the highway, park on a strip where their car is still on the highway and they are clearly answering their phone. It's not all that safe in itself to do so.

Correct
But if you look early enough you should be able to either slow down and sneak in or speed up and sneak in seeing as its your job to give way

But agreed the person could be ultra friendly and slow down to let you in

I wouldn't myself seeing as I can manage to not rely on the other car slowing

How is it 'ultra' friendly?

The car is ahead of you, if you let them go in front you are a whole ONE car behind where you could have been.

I'd consider it 'normal'. Maybe just different standards on what it is to be a decent person?

Signed up to Foxtel Play to watch the footy, only problem is the 2nd footy channel seemingly doesn't work 90% of the time. Call Foxtel and the guy's first genius idea is to watch it on playback when it is working. You ******* what mate?

* they're a bunch of *******s.

People fiddling around with their myki is one of the most stupid acts you can commit.

FFS, you know you need it, have it ready before you get there.

im a knob when it comes to myki, but an expert in the Octopus card system. if you have myki in your wallet, can you simply place wallet on the sensor and then sensor reads it?

im a knob when it comes to myki, but an expert in the Octopus card system. if you have myki in your wallet, can you simply place wallet on the sensor and then sensor reads it?
Nah, don't think so, you'd need to have it opened and in a spot where your license goes for that to even try and work.

The car is ahead of you, if you let them go in front you are a whole ONE car behind where you could have been.

I'd consider it 'normal'. Maybe just different standards on what it is to be a decent person?
If the car is ahead of me then they should be able to merge without causing traffic to have to brake and slow down....after all that's what merging is, flowing in seamlessly

Dont go flapping around decent person stuff....its traffic ffs
Someone not allowing someone to merge when they don't actually have to doesn't mean they didn't help the homeless this week

Correct
But if you look early enough you should be able to either slow down and sneak in or speed up and sneak in seeing as its your job to give way

But agreed the person could be ultra friendly and slow down to let you in

I wouldn't myself seeing as I can manage to not rely on the other car slowing

i see where poppedcorn is coming from, and yourself also sterlingarcher. in my situation the car that was 50% or more behind me sped up a little to enforce her right of way. a vexed situation for sure.

i think the only way for this scenario to play out in black and white is to have stop signs at the point where the merge needs to happen. Therefore, stop and let traffic go until safe to enter. At the moment there is a bit of confusion, grey if you will, as to what to do. In some ways it illustrates what is wrong with this country. So many rules but some confuse others. For example, AFL rules, there's so many and its all interpretive. One may contradict another. Another scenario, we have 7 states/territories. Each have their own regulations/laws. For a certain product, it is considered ok to sell in certain states, but others need that same product to be registered online with certificates and other documentation to back it up. God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back