General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
That was a massive effort by Handscomb and SMarsh. Batting out day 5 in India is a massive effort. No matter what happens in the last test this has been a successful tour

Kohli dragging it out 4-5 overs more than necessary just to be the big man... flog.

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kohli dragging it out 4-5 overs more than necessary just to be the big man... flog.
I know that we don't always have a leg to stand on in terms of player behaviour and I generally like a bit of passion in sport but Kohli really does seem to have taken it too far this series. Also a bit sad that ICC seems to have no interest in censoring him

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
I know that we don't always have a leg to stand on in terms of player behaviour and I generally like a bit of passion in sport but Kohli really does seem to have taken it too far this series. Also a bit sad that ICC seems to have no interest in censoring him
India can do as they wish. The ICC may as well stand for the Indian Cricket Council

Nor the umpires. When he and Maxwell had words towards the end, in circumstances where Kohli clearly started it with his sledging from first slip, they only cautioned Maxwell for retaliating and said nothing to the petulant one. I got the sense though that some of the Indian commentators weren't too comfortable with his behaviour, particularly his refusal to call a halt to it when even Ian Gould suggested they'd all had enough.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Vettel obviously not everyone's cup of tea (I actually like him) but great to see a non-Mercedes on the front row. Hoping for a thrilling battle between him and Hamilton/Bottas. Hoping my boy Kimi has a big one too. Mercedes might still be sandbagging a tad but I doubt it. Genuinely optimistic that Ferrari has narrowed the gap a bit.

Shocking start for Ricciardo. They have changed his gearbox so there is another 5 places back on the grid to boot. Pray for a safety car midway through the race.

Last edited:
Vettell obviously not everyone's cup of tea (I actually like him) but great to see a non-Mercedes on the front row. Hoping for a thrilling battle between him and Hamilton/Bottas. Hoping my boy Kimi has a big one too.

Vettel - great driver, massive hypocrite.

Genuinely intrigued to how Bottas will go. A shame Ricciardo spun out yesterday.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
The India-Australia series has been brilliant. Fascinating momentum swings and stellar individual efforts across the board (Lyon, O'Keefe, Hazlewood, Cummins, Renshaw, Handscomb, Marsh and of course Smith). Hopefully we can win the next three days but it's hard to argue against the success of our team in this series, who were written off as 4-0 losers before a ball had been bowled

Las Vegas Raiders... going to be a disaster. Calling it now.

Yeah, the ironic thing is finally they might get a decent stadium, but not be able to fill it. Still, it sounds like the state of Nevada are picking up the majority of the tab and probably eyeing off future Superbowls being played there.

Las Vegas Raiders... going to be a disaster. Calling it now.

Those Raiders fans have already had their team taken once - I feel sorry for them. When a business ignores it's primary customers with no guarantee of replacement then they are in trouble.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just a pity about his despicable, unsportman like behaviour.....he is such an embarrassment for himself and his country. I would love to be able to cheer for him, but can't now.

Back