2017 Miami - ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cibulkova went down to safarova comprehensively beaten, safarova has being running hot will be interesting to see what happens during the clay court season

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Isner v Zverev is another tight match
Edit: A Zverev won 6-7 7-6 7-6. Go Zverev , he saved 3 match points.

I think Kyrgios plays either Goffin or Schwartzman next?
yep. on track for a quarter-finals clash with Zverev or Stan....

wowsers!!!!

Slammin Sam is on now

havent been watching it but following the scores.

Stosur was 5-2 in the 2nd set with one break of serve. had a match point at *4-5. now 5-5.

Another match lost with match point wasted, I feel bad for Sam but I'm tired of it.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Another match lost with match point wasted, I feel bad for Sam but I'm tired of it.
it sounds worse than what it was. i only watched bits and parts of it but i got both coaches talk after each set from Cahill for Halep and Stosur's coach.

Stosur played a good game upto the 3rd set. Halep started losing when she started pushing at the end of the 1st set and letting Stosur dictate the points. i think that going 5-2 down changed Haleps mood set and she just went into another gear. Stosur did get a little tight but this wouldnt make it as one of her top 50 chokes. Think match point indicates what changed in the match. Stosur pushes the backhand back midcourt, Halep smashes it past her.

Sam called for the coach after the 2nd set. basically, she said to her coach(and he agreed) that Halep basically had played lights out tennis and going for her shots. the advice from the coach was to basically wait it out(basically. plus know the normal stuff added in like hit the ball earlier, move forward, playing well etc). i dont think Halep cooled off.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Rematch with zverev to see which of the 2 can reach their first masters semi. Looking forward to it.

Masters series tournaments are ideally suited to kyrgios I think. Best of 3 only, can keep focussed for the length of the match.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Rematch with zverev to see which of the 2 can reach their first masters semi. Looking forward to it.

Masters series tournaments are ideally suited to kyrgios I think. Best of 3 only, can keep focussed for the length of the match.

Kyrgios made the semis at Miami last year ...

Back