Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 2 (cont in pt. 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dems wanted Clinton so bad they stacked the deck in her favour. Bernie out campaigned her big time, but the Clintons had the super-delegates in their pockets.
Worries me that I agree with you. DNC/Clinton - arrogance beat themselves.
If it were racing, I would not have had a bet as both Trump and Clinton carried too much baggage.

He has the best lies
193428_600.jpg

Maggie there are hundreds of angles to the Trump phenomena. Viewing it all thru a binary partisan prison was fun for a while but now fails to engage me.

I am too thoroughly absorbed by the multi faceted disruption going on to reduce it partisan myopia.

Having said that I am all for the disruption.

I hope you enjoy the contest.

The wall: funded only for a small fraction of the $20b+ required

Obamacare: repeal and replace not even voted on because a rep majority congress couldnt get the votes amongst themselves

Immigration: muslim ban 1.0 ruled illegal. Muslim ban 2.0 currently facing the same hurdles

Other than killing stuff (epa, foreign aid, pbs/npr, meals on wheels), has he actually made any positive contribution???

Axing the TPP - seen as positive by some (and at least he openly campaigned on that promise) - although I think Clinton had also spoken against it as well during the campaign. Free trade is one of those issues where often the benefits are hard to see (and may not exist if the lower costs are absorbed into profiteering and corporate margins) but harms (job losses) are more obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the pizza guy sues the pants off him, even after that weaselly back pedalling.

I suspect it's just another cunning way to get discussion over "Pizzagate" - as in

"there is no Pizzagate"

"why the denials? they're hiding something!" = increased belief that pizzagate happened.

oh dear...
He really is clueless. What exactly is "big uranium"? Does he think it's a global industry like big pharma? The DJI, ASX etc don't agree unfortunately...LOL. He just hears a word and makes up a story. It's quite entertaining. But I can assure you big uranium does not exist, for a number of reasons. First and foremost without any elaboration, the quantity of uranium deposits is considerably small. It has nothing like the scope that traditional minerals have. It is really limited. This is an oft neglected issue when discussing nuclear power generation from uranium. (Other isotopes are more viable). Australia possesses about one third of world's deposit. (Maybe??)
So what is he getting at?
What has he been briefed about in confidence?
Where will the little pilot episode take us?
Why uranium? Hmmm. I can't wait.

Goes to show that even the GOP didn't think that Trump would win. They didn't really plan to have to do anything for another 4 years.
That's letting them off far too lightly. Trump is Johnny-come-lately, taking advantage of the over-the-top spin that Fox News and Republicans have indulged in over years. They never had a replacement for ObamaCare. They pretended it had death panels. They cared only about reducing the taxes rich people pay.
You could say the same about my disbelief of WTC conspiracy theories. When the truth comes out ...

So you're saying that a few years ago, the Kremlin decided to usurp the US presidency and to do so, they chose as their Manchurian Candidate ... Donald Trump.

A man so laughable as a nominee even the Democrats were hoping he'd be the man Hillary was running against.
I'll take you at face-value here and explain it in full for you:
  1. Trump isn't very good at business and repeatedly goes bankrupt despite his huge inheritance
  2. Trump's brand is conspicuous consumption. He spends $ to try and convince people he's really wealthy, influential, connected and wanted by women
  3. Russia's corrupt oligarchy see an opportunity to launder the money they have stolen off the Russian people via Trump
  4. Trump's ties to dodgy Russians draw attention in court, but it doesn't dissuade him from working with them.
  5. Putin sees a way to influence American public thought by using Trump, who has a long history of talking politics in a shallow look-at-me way; and is very well-known to the American people; and moves in the same circles as famous and/or connected and wealthy people.
  6. Russians are funding Trump and Trump starts saying that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. Trump's claims go beyond just questioning. He suggests he has inside knowledge "I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding". Or:
  7. Trump contradicts himself regularly (e.g. saying that the birth certificate answered his questions, and later saying it didn't). His interjections into politics are largely assumed to be about promoting himself. Because Trump's business is often about just using the Trump name/contacts, not his acumen.
  8. Meanwhile: The primary vehicle for Trump being a brand that Trump can sell is Mark Burnett's The Apprentice. It halves viewership within 2 years and then maintains numbers slightly under that, with Celebrity Apprentice replacing the failing Apprentice. By 2013, even Celeb Apprentice rates poorly.
  9. Also in 2013, Trump forms a presidential exploratory committee and, despite a strong backing from Republican voters, announces that he has no interest in running for governor of New York in 2014. Once again suggesting it is more about raising his profile than a legitimate desire.
  10. Celebrity Apprentice returns once again in 2015, with slightly higher numbers on debut, but by its conclusion it has similar numbers as when it was last 'rested'. 4 months after its conclusion Trump announces run for President.
  11. His run for President is marked by all the hallmarks of campaigns by Putin and the right-wing types Putin has backed. Nationalism, conspiracy theories, anti-media sentiment, pro-Putin sentiment, anti-immigration sentiment, macho posturing, etc. About the only major exception I can think of is that Trump isn't that anti-gay (after all, most of his previous 10 years were spent in the entertainment industry). He consistently surprises experts by performing better than expected. He is backed foremost by 4chan types and white supremacists, and it is this online campaigning combined with his dominance of the mainstream media, that mostly sets him apart, all the way to becoming President. Russia is well known for online expertise.
  12. Far less high-profile was the amount of stories (and staff) in Trump's campaign that linked him with Russia. That's why there were so many questions about it even before he won the Nov 8 vote.
  13. Trump is widely rumoured to have been trying to get proposals up for years in Russia, but he has none. There is little explanation for this considering the admiration Putin and Trump seemingly share for each other. Of course Russian meetings could be more about meeting the people who fund Trump (or other things more nefarious). Of course, if Russians want their money out of Russia then they have no demand for projects within Russia.
  14. The really obvious stuff: When Trump starts to wane in the polls, the tactics switch to trying to undermine Clinton rather than suggesting Trump has anything to offer himself. His policies have never been thought through and are foremost slogans: 'build the wall', 'make American great again'. Winning in order to govern is not the aim. The aim is to throw mud at Clinton and American democratic institutions (e.g. free media, justice system).
  15. Trump, having won, continues to say things that reflect Putin policy, has no policies ready to go and his administration lies about meeting Russians.
Does that make sense to you? Trump was exploitable and he is easy to manipulate. The Russian Government goal was (and is) to undermine Clinton, America, and Democratic Institutions because they all work against Putin. See the way those same agents of the Russian Gov, like RT, are busy telling hard-left types that America is corrupt, while talking about Sanders or pipelines. It isn't about the politics, it's about seeding distrust in Democratic Instituions. Sanders himself didn't care about emails and supported Clinton once he lost, but that's not the online narrative from those echo chambers.

He really is clueless. What exactly is "big uranium"? Does he think it's a global industry like big pharma? The DJI, ASX etc don't agree unfortunately...LOL. He just hears a word and makes up a story. It's quite entertaining. But I can assure you big uranium does not exist, for a number of reasons. First and foremost without any elaboration, the quantity of uranium deposits is considerably small. It has nothing like the scope that traditional minerals have. It is really limited. This is an oft neglected issue when discussing nuclear power generation from uranium. (Other isotopes are more viable). Australia possesses about one third of world's deposit. (Maybe??)
Last time I checked it was suggested it was even higher - 40%. But that was a while ago. My struggling memory and lack of desire to Google right now (having just done a long post) also tells me that I read once in The Good Weekend in regard to Australia that if we switched everything to nuclear then our Uranium would be gone by halfway through the century. But I'm sure there were conditions on that scenario. So while there's nothing in our two posts to suggest a reliable figure on how limited it is, we've definitely both got that gist over the years!

Also the 'Clinton sold 20% of America's uranium to Russia' is massive spin used by regular Republicans, not just the orange one. Debunked here and here.

Last time I checked it was suggested it was even higher - 40%. But that was a while ago. My struggling memory and lack of desire to Google right now (having just done a long post) also tells me that I read once in The Good Weekend in regard to Australia that if we switched everything to nuclear then our Uranium would be gone by halfway through the century. But I'm sure there were conditions on that scenario. So while there's nothing in our two posts to suggest a reliable figure on how limited it is, we've definitely both got that gist over the years!

Aust number one for reserves, more than 2 kazakistan, 3/russia, and 4 canada combined

However we are only third for production (less than 10%)

Scary when you consider what is being said now. Did Hilary know more? Was she given inside info?

The mainstream media have lot of blame to share over not reporting on this issue adequately before the election. Anyone who paid attention to US politics all knew it was there but the mainstream media didn't highlight the importance or severity of what this meant so the public brushed it aside as largely insignificant.

That is the reason why seeing people wanting Trump impeached is weird. If Trump goes you will have Pence who is not incompetent.
He is incompetent. He just ain't batshit crazy like Donald. Pence is still going to have all the same issues with the republican factions and he ain't a bright man. Plus pence is unlikely to be a puppet of Bannon.

That's letting them off far too lightly. Trump is Johnny-come-lately, taking advantage of the over-the-top spin that Fox News and Republicans have indulged in over years. They never had a replacement for ObamaCare. They pretended it had death panels. They cared only about reducing the taxes rich people pay.

I'll take you at face-value here and explain it in full for you:
  1. Trump isn't very good at business and repeatedly goes bankrupt despite his huge inheritance
  2. Trump's brand is conspicuous consumption. He spends $ to try and convince people he's really wealthy, influential, connected and wanted by women
  3. Russia's corrupt oligarchy see an opportunity to launder the money they have stolen off the Russian people via Trump
  4. Trump's ties to dodgy Russians draw attention in court, but it doesn't dissuade him from working with them.
  5. Putin sees a way to influence American public thought by using Trump, who has a long history of talking politics in a shallow look-at-me way; and is very well-known to the American people; and moves in the same circles as famous and/or connected and wealthy people.
  6. Russians are funding Trump and Trump starts saying that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. Trump's claims go beyond just questioning. He suggests he has inside knowledge "I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding". Or:
  7. Trump contradicts himself regularly (e.g. saying that the birth certificate answered his questions, and later saying it didn't). His interjections into politics are largely assumed to be about promoting himself. Because Trump's business is often about just using the Trump name/contacts, not his acumen.
  8. Meanwhile: The primary vehicle for Trump being a brand that Trump can sell is Mark Burnett's The Apprentice. It halves viewership within 2 years and then maintains numbers slightly under that, with Celebrity Apprentice replacing the failing Apprentice. By 2013, even Celeb Apprentice rates poorly.
  9. Also in 2013, Trump forms a presidential exploratory committee and, despite a strong backing from Republican voters, announces that he has no interest in running for governor of New York in 2014. Once again suggesting it is more about raising his profile than a legitimate desire.
  10. Celebrity Apprentice returns once again in 2015, with slightly higher numbers on debut, but by its conclusion it has similar numbers as when it was last 'rested'. 4 months after its conclusion Trump announces run for President.
  11. His run for President is marked by all the hallmarks of campaigns by Putin and the right-wing types Putin has backed. Nationalism, conspiracy theories, anti-media sentiment, pro-Putin sentiment, anti-immigration sentiment, macho posturing, etc. About the only major exception I can think of is that Trump isn't that anti-gay (after all, most of his previous 10 years were spent in the entertainment industry). He consistently surprises experts by performing better than expected. He is backed foremost by 4chan types and white supremacists, and it is this online campaigning combined with his dominance of the mainstream media, that mostly sets him apart, all the way to becoming President. Russia is well known for online expertise.
  12. Far less high-profile was the amount of stories (and staff) in Trump's campaign that linked him with Russia. That's why there were so many questions about it even before he won the Nov 8 vote.
  13. Trump is widely rumoured to have been trying to get proposals up for years in Russia, but he has none. There is little explanation for this considering the admiration Putin and Trump seemingly share for each other. Of course Russian meetings could be more about meeting the people who fund Trump (or other things more nefarious). Of course, if Russians want their money out of Russia then they have no demand for projects within Russia.
  14. The really obvious stuff: When Trump starts to wane in the polls, the tactics switch to trying to undermine Clinton rather than suggesting Trump has anything to offer himself. His policies have never been thought through and are foremost slogans: 'build the wall', 'make American great again'. Winning in order to govern is not the aim. The aim is to throw mud at Clinton and American democratic institutions (e.g. free media, justice system).
  15. Trump, having won, continues to say things that reflect Putin policy, has no policies ready to go and his administration lies about meeting Russians.
Does that make sense to you? Trump was exploitable and he is easy to manipulate. The Russian Government goal was (and is) to undermine Clinton, America, and Democratic Institutions because they all work against Putin. See the way those same agents of the Russian Gov, like RT, are busy telling hard-left types that America is corrupt, while talking about Sanders or pipelines. It isn't about the politics, it's about seeding distrust in Democratic Instituions. Sanders himself didn't care about emails and supported Clinton once he lost, but that's not the online narrative from those echo chambers.
Derangement syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back