Geezuz, SHUT UP Dermie!!

Remove this Banner Ad

James Brayshaw described a very funny meeting with Dermie, aka "Himself", on The Rush Hour yesterday.

JB was at the Grand Prix in one of the corporate boxes when he ran into Dermott, dressed in white Italian loafers, white jeans so tight you could see whether or not he was circumcised and a fluorescent blue polo shirt with the collar popped and buttons undone.

JB said "Have a look at you" to Dermie, who just grinned and wandered off to whatever 22 year old gold digger he's Sharing a bed with this week.

Never change Dermott, never change.

Wow really?

Here I was thinking it was Hird,Dank,Thompson and the weapon.

Enlighten me as to why you think Watson was involved.
Think so called " club power broker". He did more than anyone to shaft Matty knights had his son on the inside as well and pushed for hird harder than anyone. I got banned from the sen sms machine due to wishing the architect a very good morning each time he came on.

Think so called " club power broker". He did more than anyone to shaft Matty knights had his son on the inside as well and pushed for hird harder than anyone. I got banned from the sen sms machine due to wishing the architect a very good morning each time he came on.
Kudos for you, all jokes aside you seem to be one of the rare Essendon supporters who don't worship a bloke (Hird) that almost destroyed the club you support.

Kudos from me too........I feel for the supporters of your club who, like yourself, could see as we on the outside could see things and question things.

I said all along that if the same happened at my club I'd be livid, and want everyone from the coach up, GONE.....and if it had've been Voss or Leppitch and had THEY done that to the club it would make it seem ten times worse imo..

For these people to put your club and you supporters in that position is unforgivable in my book....it is like a betrayal..and unfortunately forever more, because of them, your club will now be linked to that time in it's history.....

Funnily enough, I've always been a fan of Tim Watson and Bomber, but I've gone off both since all of this. Hird I've never liked, always seemed too good. Guess my instincts can be right at times.

All you can do is keep supporting your CLUB, and follow with eyes wide open and not blind faith. Blind faith in anything ends up hurting along the way somewhere..

..and to keep this thread on topic, Dermie was driving me nuts on saturday night during our match, grr!

(cheers for now, but I won't be so nice this saturday night;))

If you were a player, derm is the one you'd want to stfu.

His standard 15 minute special comment always starts with a <100 game player losing a 50-50 contest. eg let's say they punched when they could have marked.

Then it begins.

"he'd be disappointed with that. When you've got a young player in that situation, as a coach sometimes you just would really want them, a young defender like X, who we know is a good young player with a future ahead of him, no doubt about it, but he really needs to think through that situation better and in contests where you've got the genuine jump on a forward, or some sense that they've got a real advantage in the marking duel, like a genuine real advantage just to have the knowledge and experience to know that you can really impose on those contest and put his hands up and use his awareness to not do what he's done there and instead mark it rather than punching but you know thats okay that's something which will come with more awareness more game time and just a greater degree of experience , or as it is known in german "erfahrung" or in swahili "uzoefu", as a coach you would want him to have a real good think about that, and that's worthwhile for young kids who are watching to bear in mind when they are working on their own skills."

Then later in the game when the same player wins a 50-50 "that's better from X...(repeat comment)"

I also like this one from Derm- 'Gee He's a great size isn't He? 190-191, about 6'2, 6 2 and a half in the old language. Reminds me of <insert nondescript Hawthorn player from the mid- late 80's>

I agree with the thread title, but not the diatribes within the thread.

Dermie says far too much while the game is on. He needs to pipe down, let the game breathe and save his long-winded s**t for the discussion after the game has finished. But I still prefer Derm to the legion of analysts who open their mouths and make meaningless noises, which are somehow passed of as insightful commentary. The average mug viewer seems to be happy with the guys who make short bland moronic comments which go in one ear and out of the other.

Brereton is much better than King, Frawley, Shaw, Lynch, Johnson, Mooney, Ricciuto, Carey, Darcy, Richo and Ling.
Yet he cops more than s**t than all of them. :huh:

I also think League Teams is pretty good viewing and Derm does a good job as host on that show.

"he'd be disappointed with that. When you've got a young player in that situation, as a coach sometimes you just would really want them, a young defender like X, who we know is a good young player with a future ahead of him, no doubt about it, but he really needs to think through that situation better and in contests where you've got the genuine jump on a forward, or some sense that they've got a real advantage in the marking duel, like a genuine real advantage just to have the knowledge and experience to know that you can really impose on those contest and put his hands up and use his awareness to not do what he's done there and instead mark it rather than punching but you know thats okay that's something which will come with more awareness more game time and just a greater degree of experience , or as it is known in german "erfahrung" or in swahili "uzoefu", as a coach you would want him to have a real good think about that, and that's worthwhile for young kids who are watching to bear in mind when they are working on their own skills."
This is wrong.

Dermie will occasionally chide a young player for making a poor decision and suggest what they should've done, but nowhere near to the extent which you're suggesting.

The chief culprit in this regard is Danny Frawley, who I find to be a million times worse than Brereton as a footy analyst. Spud Frawley sounds as though he never got over the fact he failed as an AFL coach and was sacked by the Tigers. He never lets up. Every time he opens his mouth during a game, it's to admonish a player for not doing the right thing, for a poor effort, or a skill error. It's like a 2 hour session of that "Coach Killers" segment. God, spare me...

You'd be forgiven for thinking Frawley never made a mistake as a player. You'd think he coached for 30-40 years like Sheedy and Jeans, as opposed to coaching Richmond for 5 years with a couple short stints here and there as a defensive development coach. Come to think of it… it's easy to see why he failed as a head coach and his main strength is to teach young KPDs how to play full back.

He offers ZERO analysis of what is actually occurring out on the field, in terms of tactics and pattern of play. It's all just coaching tips for the kiddies at home. Drives me mental. I don't need some failed AFL coach telling me "Will Langford should've lowered his eyes and short passed it to Roughy." I can see that for myself. I'd prefer to hear the reasons why 20 seconds prior to that, there were three players who were able to sweep the ball out of defence without any pressure.

At least Brereton addresses these sorts of things when he commentates. But many people don't acknowledge it. They're too busy hating on him and hating on every little thing he says. People are just set against him. He just seems to rub people the wrong way with his delivery and verbosity. So it wouldn't matter what he says… Haters gonna hate, etc...

I agree with the thread title, but not the diatribes within the thread.

Dermie says far too much while the game is on. He needs to pipe down, let the game breathe and save his long-winded s**t for the discussion after the game has finished. But I still prefer Derm to the legion of analysts who open their mouths and make meaningless noises, which are somehow passed of as insightful commentary. The average mug viewer seems to be happy with the guys who make short bland moronic comments which go in one ear and out of the other.

Brereton is much better than King, Frawley, Shaw, Lynch, Johnson, Mooney, Ricciuto, Carey, Darcy, Richo and Ling.
Yet he cops more than s**t than all of them. :huh:

I also think League Teams is pretty good viewing and Derm does a good job as host on that show.

This is wrong.

Dermie will occasionally chide a young player for making a poor decision and suggest what they should've done, but nowhere near to the extent which you're suggesting.

The chief culprit in this regard is Danny Frawley, who I find to be a million times worse than Brereton as a footy analyst. Spud Frawley sounds as though he never got over the fact he failed as an AFL coach and was sacked by the Tigers. He never lets up. Every time he opens his mouth during a game, it's to admonish a player for not doing the right thing, for a poor effort, or a skill error. It's like a 2 hour session of that "Coach Killers" segment. God, spare me...

You'd be forgiven for thinking Frawley never made a mistake as a player. You'd think he coached for 30-40 years like Sheedy and Jeans, as opposed to coaching Richmond for 5 years with a couple short stints here and there as a defensive development coach. Come to think of it… it's easy to see why he failed as a head coach and his main strength is to teach young KPDs how to play full back.

He offers ZERO analysis of what is actually occurring out on the field, in terms of tactics and pattern of play. It's all just coaching tips for the kiddies at home. Drives me mental. I don't need some failed AFL coach telling me "Will Langford should've lowered his eyes and short passed it to Roughy." I can see that for myself. I'd prefer to hear the reasons why 20 seconds prior to that, there were three players who were able to sweep the ball out of defence without any pressure.

At least Brereton addresses these sorts of things when he commentates. But many people don't acknowledge it. They're too busy hating on him and hating on every little thing he says. People are just set against him. He just seems to rub people the wrong way with his delivery and verbosity. So it wouldn't matter what he says… Haters gonna hate, etc...
Are you Scott Watters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough, I've always been a fan of Tim Watson and Bomber, but I've gone off both since all of this.

I feel exactly the same, especially re Thompson. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory with the way he participated in the scandle..... And the wounded, finger pointing schtick post-doping is unseemly.

Dermie would be tolerable if he was forced to keep his insights to under 5 seconds,

Loves the sound of his voice way too much, and needs to be on a very very tight lease otherwise he destroys the commentary and makes it unwatcheable. Very very selfish .The worst co commentator for him is dunstall. He always tries to talk over the top him, or dominate him with some stupid argument, it is like he has an inferiority complex or something.

To be honest it is an indictment on the industry that he is till employed as a special comments man. the game went past him what, 25 years ago.

The saddest bit, is the bit when they try and promote him with Paul roos to give him some credibility.

I mean please, Dermie can't hold a candle to his knowledge and inisghts on the game.

Can wait for Hodge to retire to take Dermies spot.

Dermie would be tolerable if he was forced to keep his insights to under 5 seconds,

Loves the sound of his voice way too much, and needs to be on a very very tight lease otherwise he destroys the commentary and makes it unwatcheable. Very very selfish .The worst co commentator for him is dunstall. He always tries to talk over the top him, or dominate him with some stupid argument, it is like he has an inferiority complex or something.

To be honest it is an indictment on the industry that he is till employed as a special comments man. the game went past him what, 25 years ago.

The saddest bit, is the bit when they try and promote him with Paul roos to give him some credibility.

I mean please, Dermie can't hold a candle to his knowledge and inisghts on the game.

Can wait for Hodge to retire to take Dermies spot.

Completely agree with this, he just won't shut the * up. He is also crap on any show like League teams or SEN Crunchtime because he just waffles on and on.

Completely agree with this, he just won't shut the **** up. He is also crap on any show like League teams or SEN Crunchtime because he just waffles on and on.

He's learned the same breathing technique as Bucketmouth Warne. Being able to talk while breathing in is a special talent and is used to stop other people from interrupting.

If you were a player, derm is the one you'd want to stfu.

His standard 15 minute special comment always starts with a <100 game player losing a 50-50 contest. eg let's say they punched when they could have marked.

Then it begins.

Then later in the game when the same player wins a 50-50 "that's better from X...(repeat comment)"

I also like this one from Derm- 'Gee He's a great size isn't He? 190-191, about 6'2, 6 2 and a half in the old language. Reminds me of <insert nondescript Hawthorn player from the mid- late 80's>

Agree needs to keep his special comments short and to the point. Play could go on for another 5 minutes and his still there talking about the previous bit.

Define "a bit".
I challenge anyone to name anyone who is more arrogant than Brereton.

Ted Whitten Snr, John Elliott, Andrew Demetriou....That's just off the top of my head.

Derm's a pure Narcissist....He makes everything about him...Only His insights & voice truly count & are real.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back