FTA-TV The Footy Show 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to get rid of Maddern, all she does is repeat herself and try to sound important, if she wasn't a 6/10 for eye candy she wouldn't get a gig anywhere
She brings more to the table than Newman. All he brings is comedy because he's an idiot. Anyone could play that role

******* sick of these AFL women players complaining about pay. Your pay is dependent on amount of money your performances bring into the sport. How many people would attend AFL women games paying 20 bucks a ticket? How many actual viewers are there on TV? I honestly watched 1 game if you combined every game through out the season.

How about you understand simple economics before screaming gender equality. ******* sick of this dumb generation

What did they say? If they actually complained about not getting more that is pretty ridiculous.

What did they say? If they actually complained about not getting more that is pretty ridiculous.

Amen brother. They've been around 5 mins, done bugger all. The games are hardly watchable, they bring nothing to the game thats exciting. I honestly think it has been a genuine fail. All the media outlets, radio presenters are far too scared to speak their minds because of this gender equality bullshit.

Sam tried to elicit that type of response with his line of questioning but they said nothing of the sort.

Vescio was very humble and said it was great to be paid anything as she is used to having to pay $500 in registration fees per season to play.

Am really looking forward to the football season however if someone knows a way of avoiding, either listening to or seeing Brownless without forgoing a good dose of a footy fix please let me know.

Seriously, I have become so fed up with the tripe on these footy shows that I have just stopped watching. Every now and then I visit these threads to see if anything has changed. Apparently not.

Sorry to single Bill Brownless out, but what in hell are the producers of these shows thinking? The guy offers absolutely nothing to any discussion on the game. It's amazing how someone has lasted over 20 years in the media just showing off his fat guts and talking about frothies.

I tried a couple of Fox shows this week for the first time and they were so lame I switched one off after 15 minutes and the other after 2 minutes. 2 minutes of that idiot Robbo was all I could stand. Come on Robbo, the Dean Martin drunken act has been done. Not funny any more.

Last edited:
******* sick of these AFL women players complaining about pay. Your pay is dependent on amount of money your performances bring into the sport. How many people would attend AFL women games paying 20 bucks a ticket? How many actual viewers are there on TV? I honestly watched 1 game if you combined every game through out the season.

How about you understand simple economics before screaming gender equality. ******* sick of this dumb generation

just cant see the womens footy lasting that long tbh.

Enjoyed what Plugger had to say but the fact that we can put a man on the moon yet not fix the 10 second delay when someone is in another state baffles me. The whole flow was off, when someone would ask a question he would stop his answer, it was so clunky.

The second the two women footballers came on I turned off

I just did that with Molloys front bar. Daisy Pearces team mate is on there tonight for some completely irrelevant reason.

It's shoving nazism down our throats.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just did that with Molloys front bar. Daisy Pearces team mate is on there tonight for some completely irrelevant reason.

It's shoving nazism down our throats.

Once the JLT series started, very little attention was paid to the AFLW.
After tomorrow night, no attention will be paid to it.
It's a lead in to the AFL season, and captures the attention of footy-starved fans, and that's about the best it can hope to be.

Once the JLT series started, very little attention was paid to the AFLW.
After tomorrow night, no attention will be paid to it.
It's a lead in to the AFL season, and captures the attention of footy-starved fans, and that's about the best it can hope to be.

New sporting career opportunities for women
Little girls can hope to emulate their heroes they see on tv
Bust a lot of "women are weak" attitudes
Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean it's not here to stay. It can only get better once they put funds into it plus the women who love footy but went into other sports due to no opportunity to play at the highest level will choose footy. Hope Ellyse perry can kick a drop punt!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New sporting career opportunities for women
Little girls can hope to emulate their heroes they see on tv
Bust a lot of "women are weak" attitudes
Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean it's not here to stay. It can only get better once they put funds into it plus the women who love footy but went into other sports due to no opportunity to play at the highest level will choose footy. Hope Ellyse perry can kick a drop punt!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had said the exact same things at the start myself.
Reality is, it has panned out differently as the AFL itself has begun, and taken the newspaper / media space.
Opportunities are still there for girls / women, don't see how that's relevant to the reality that the interest in AFLW dropped off once the pre-season competition began.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back