Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

I was driving the other day after travelling all day, literally across the country, and I swear this O'Brien glass dude van I was following had a yellow back panel then all of a sudden it had a blue back panel - otherwise exact same van.

I s**t you not, this was freaky. Followed him the whole time.

The Tom Cruise Risky Business is definitely a strange one. Always remember glasses, a mate dressed up as him ages ago at a fancy dress with glasses. Even a few weeks ago I was stuck watching Never Been Kissed with the wife, and David Arquettes character wore glasses when dressed up him. How can so many movies and pop culture be wrong?

The Tom Cruise Risky Business is definitely a strange one. Always remember glasses, a mate dressed up as him ages ago at a fancy dress with glasses. Even a few weeks ago I was stuck watching Never Been Kissed with the wife, and David Arquettes character wore glasses when dressed up him. How can so many movies and pop culture be wrong?

It's reasonable to think that the glasses are closely identified with the character because they are the main feature of the movie's poster... and then without the glasses if you were dressing up as that character you might just look like a guy in a shirt and undies.

As people regularly dressed up in this way to replicate the character and saw it in various popular copied versions... they forgot that it was actually borrowing from 2 separate versions of the character rather than just the 1 scene.

iu

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a bath this morning right. I like baths. I think I was a Roman in a past life.

Anyway, so there I am lying in the bath, pondering the mysteries of life upon this flat disk, and in our bathroom there's a large, frosted window broken up into segments. Without thinking about it (plate of OCD, table 1 please) I begin counting the vertical ones, then the horizontal ones. 8 vertical, 4 horizontal.

"So, 24 overall" my subconscious brain says. A moment later my daydream ends and my conscious brain says "no, hang on, 4x8 is 32, not 24, what was that???"

Everyone knows 4x8 is 32, right? Not 24? But my subconscious brain said 24.

So, I got thinking about this, and I reckon when I grew up that 4x8 equalled 24, not 32. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced I am right. I even think I can remember tests where I wrote 24 to the question "what is 4x8" and a big green tick next to it.

The more I think about this guys, the more I am convincing myself my memory is correct.

I had a bath this morning right. I like baths. I think I was a Roman in a past life.

Anyway, so there I am lying in the bath, pondering the mysteries of life upon this flat disk, and in our bathroom there's a large, frosted window broken up into segments. Without thinking about it (plate of OCD, table 1 please) I begin counting the vertical ones, then the horizontal ones. 8 vertical, 4 horizontal.

"So, 24 overall" my subconscious brain says. A moment later my daydream ends and my conscious brain says "no, hang on, 4x8 is 32, not 24, what was that???"

Everyone knows 4x8 is 32, right? Not 24? But my subconscious brain said 24.

So, I got thinking about this, and I reckon when I grew up that 4x8 equalled 24, not 32. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced I am right. I even think I can remember tests where I wrote 24 to the question "what is 4x8" and a big green tick next to it.

The more I think about this guys, the more I am convincing myself my memory is correct.
I think that's a common mistake. Times tables always throw up s**t like this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back