Toast Sean Dempster retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

pre JLT i was told things are going along beautifully. No idea whats happened since.

Well if the players think there is favoritism there is no way that that is conducive to creating a healthy, united team and comaraderie. And that worries me.

But we are a story. Potentially we could see next week; Aiming for finals 0-2 after 2 poor performances. Club stalwart retires. Club legend injured.Young guns not firing. etc etc.

it could be painful
I'm not being a smartarse but I could see us going 0-2 potentially before the season started. Anyway, will see what we're made of.
If we have another absolute piss poor performance interstate, then the questions have to be asked and absolutely deserve to be asked.

For a team meant to be "improving" and a "finals possibility" we must improve interstate.. than just be an easy victory for the hosting team. Last few years interstate has been sooooo embarrassing in terms of results.

Well if the players think there is favoritism there is no way that that is conducive to creating a healthy, united team and comaraderie. And that worries me.
i dont think there is an issue with Camaraderie or being United. Just communication is how i would take it.

A good mate of mine is a north player - a guy i played abit of TAC footy with is a highly publicized Melbourne players. Both say these are fairly normal. However it doesnt help when flogs like purple start reporting it.

Barret himself said that Dempster withdrawed from the VFL match because he was ovbiously upset he wasn't playing and by reports he's been considering since wether to play on, it's not like he didn't get selected he got selected but chose to pull out, something must of happen and would be very disappointing if it ended like this I hope it gets sorted out and like many of us on here I'm not sure how Sam 'turnover' gilbert gets a game over this legend. Do not give a stuff about Gilbert's pace and athleticism for his size, the bloke can hardly get the pill and when he does he f***s it up, Dempster intercept marking and lock down defending would've been a lot more valuable to us last Saturday.

Please tell me what's going on with Acres it
Here we go....

St kilda about to do a St kilda again...

and it all bubbles along with us, the supporters, and our rumour & gossip.

Every club/coach has favourites. It's human nature. Every club/coach had players they feel need more of a stick to get the best out of: eg Acres.

What's going on with Acres is quite obvious, and if everything goes to plan we will be better for it. He has that ceiling not many have, but he doesn't like climbing ladders.

Dempster is cooked and if he's not happy being an injury backup, he best retire and pursue his outside interest.

Turned himself into a champion Saint from humble beginnings, he owes the club nothing and should do what he wants to do.

But let's not make stuff up about integrity and favourites. Let's look at real issues like the enormous overrating of our depth and no star quality.

I can tell you all categorically that Richo is very very aware of our lack of midfield star power and has much more measured expectations of this season that most on here had prior to our Melbourne loss. This week has brought most of those expectations into line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
may be obvious to you but every week he doesn't play I het more and more frustrated and confused

If we have another absolute piss poor performance interstate, then the questions have to be asked and absolutely deserve to be asked.

For a team meant to be "improving" and a "finals possibility" we must improve interstate.. than just be an easy victory for the hosting team. Last few years interstate has been sooooo embarrassing in terms of results.
We wouldn't want to get thrashed or leak 9 goals in the first quarter that's for sure. I want to win, and I want us to play up to our potential. Show more gumption to adapt. You never know.

This is also a very big loss depth wise if he leaves.

Brown is very injury prone defender.

Goddard still one week away from a long term injury

Coughlan 4-6 weeks away and unproven

Storm in a tea cup, Sean lives in the next street to me, he's trying to find the motivation, nothing else in it.
As far as integrity in selection goes, every club from under 8 to AFL is the same, if you're in the team you're happy, if you're not you aren't happy. All coaches have favourites, ones who will do what they want done over another who they don't think can do a job.

I think Richo likes picking good, honest, average players. Reminds him of himself as a player. Look at the captain. No offence to Gears but he's a battler, just like Richo was when he played. He also selects players with similar aesthetic traits to himself. Big rumps & fat legs. Acres to lean & athletic for Richo imho. Dempster looks like Zyzz. Wtf.
You have made a lot of good points over the last fortnight, but this week you've come up with some rare garbage. This post wins the prize.

Here we go....

St kilda about to do a St kilda again...

and it all bubbles along with us, the supporters, and our rumour & gossip.

Every club/coach has favourites. It's human nature. Every club/coach had players they feel need more of a stick to get the best out of: eg Acres.

What's going on with Acres is quite obvious, and if everything goes to plan we will be better for it. He has that ceiling not many have, but he doesn't like climbing ladders.

Dempster is cooked and if he's not happy being an injury backup, he best retire and pursue his outside interest.

Turned himself into a champion Saint from humble beginnings, he owes the club nothing and should do what he wants to do.

But let's not make stuff up about integrity and favourites. Let's look at real issues like the enormous overrating of our depth and no star quality.

I can tell you all categorically that Richo is very very aware of our lack of midfield star power and has much more measured expectations of this season that most on here had prior to our Melbourne loss. This week has brought most of those expectations into line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plus 1.

Deserves more likes but you won't get them because your view is way too sensible and it's more fun coming up with conspiracy theories.

Players complaining that they can't get a game? That's a new one!

Purple is nothing more than a click bait journo, and boy has this board clicked and been baited.

But hey, let's air the dirty laundry again, give the story oxygen and then whinge about journos that write trash articles about the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Richo likes picking good, honest, average players. Reminds him of himself as a player. Look at the captain. No offence to Gears but he's a battler, just like Richo was when he played. He also selects players with similar aesthetic traits to himself. Big rumps & fat legs. Acres to lean & athletic for Richo imho. Dempster looks like Zyzz. Wtf.
Ducking funniest post of the thread. Smoking crack, campaigner?

Edit: come to think of it, you might be on to something. I have noticed that even his kids look like him. He drives an old Volvo and has pet turtle.

Last edited:
That piece of human excrement Purple has stitched us up again, right before one of our hardest assignments this season.

Putting even more pressure on the coaches and the club that already existed, and all you drama queens are helping him.

That git would happily bury us for another 20 years, wait til we got up and then bury us again. He deeply needs to be ignored.

After it's "breaking news" then I hear st kilda my heart stops. I thought here we go. As if that needed to be mentioned tonight who allows him to have air time to dribble?

Roo was probably burning on the inside

Storm in a tea cup, Sean lives in the next street to me, he's trying to find the motivation, nothing else in it.
As far as integrity in selection goes, every club from under 8 to AFL is the same, if you're in the team you're happy, if you're not you aren't happy. All coaches have favourites, ones who will do what they want done over another who they don't think can do a job.

Pretty much a carbon copy of what I was about to write - just sounds like he may have had a change of heart - if so thanks Shinner and best of luck with your future endeavors

News to me. We planned to have sean go one more season incase of injury etc. We set him up with our physios and performance management coaches to learn for the next stage of his career as well this year.

if it is selection related, i will add that this falls inline with what i was told late last year that there is no selection integrity by our coaching panel. There are some players i have spoken to both no longer at the saints and still on our list who felt like they could not get a game on form and that coaches selected favourites.
Jokes... was it tom ledger?

Just maybe it's possible Sean decided that he'd rather finish up like that than go through the intensity of game day.

Even at VFL level, when you've got the next part of your life all ready, and you've been told your contribution will be fairly minimal, and when you're a fairly no bull, no hype type fella anyway, you must just think "do I really need to be doing this again?"

A bit unfortunate but hardly a scandal either.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back