Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need the AFL to reduce Free Agency to 7 years (I think he'll be one if its reduced, isn't the agreement still to come?) or make trading picks 2 years in advanced allowed.

Obviously we'd like to finish as high as possible and play finals, but the lower we finish the stronger our bargaining position becomes for players like May and Lever. They could walk to the PSD and we'd be able to nab them for nothing.

Hawks want lever? Tbh.. i personally don't mind it .. but the trade would have to be slightly in our favor tbh ... as these things usually are ... id say top 10 pick minimum .. and maybe some pick swaps ... problem is hawks really have no currency. Afc have a knack of finding great kpd.
We'd have to over pay? Two words: Jack Gunston.

So we May get Lever?
It could be a Rocky negotiation but if we could Lobb one of them I'd be Hopper -ing for joy.

Champagne would be flowing if we got it all done - could be a few on the recruitment staff feeling a bit Dusty afterwards!

So Schache from the Lions is being hunted by Victorian clubs - with $700,000 per season the figure touted for a 19 year old who hasn't exactly been exciting up there but has potential. The relevance to this post - for those thinking that offering $1M+ offers to players is crazy - it's not so much the case any more in the new cap world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think collectively we would love May. Right now, a solid defender is probably the most important piece of the puzzle.

Sadly, it seems Suns and Eade are putting a lot of pressure on him to stay. Just read an article pretty much saying he has given his word he will stay. I was a little excited to read to that Hawthorn was mentioned as the club leading the chase to get him. All of a sudden, he has become my number one vote ahead of Dusty or Rocky. Added to poll, let's see what people think...

M
I think collectively we would love May. Right now, a solid defender is probably the most important piece of the puzzle.

Sadly, it seems Suns and Eade are putting a lot of pressure on him to stay. Just read an article pretty much saying he has given his word he will stay. I was a little excited to read to that Hawthorn was mentioned as the club leading the chase to get him. All of a sudden, he has become my number one vote ahead of Dusty or Rocky. Added to poll, let's see what people think...
May would fix our problem instantly, aggressive strong backmen who can also create drive are very hard to find, if he wants out throw the kitchen sink at him.

I was excited until I heard Damo's voice

M

May would fix our problem instantly, aggressive strong backmen who can also create drive are very hard to find, if he wants out throw the kitchen sink at him.
Yep throw the sink and a handy player. I would be happy to part with one of our many forwards to land May or Lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back