Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
The rise of Newbridge seems to have popped up out of nowhere. Does anyone think they could win it? Are a few of their new players quality players or more the Competition coming back at them?

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Where is everyone? It's the most exciting Season in the LV for a long while and no one is talking footy. Whose everyones tip for the Grand Final & Premiers?

It is shaping up to be a more competitive finals series which is good.

Geez it's an early finish for Inglewood...can't believe their season doesn't even make it in to August...got lots of time for some soul searching after a big let down of a year. I hope they can attract a good quality coach early and build some momentum over the very long off season.

Also hearing some rumblings that the new joint venture out at Maiden Gully isn't going as smoothly as hoped. YCW would want to hope they can hold that together

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
It is shaping up to be a more competitive finals series which is good.

Geez it's an early finish for Inglewood...can't believe their season doesn't even make it in to August...got lots of time for some soul searching after a big let down of a year. I hope they can attract a good quality coach early and build some momentum over the very long off season.

Also hearing some rumblings that the new joint venture out at Maiden Gully isn't going as smoothly as hoped. YCW would want to hope they can hold that together
What do the issues surround Roota? Has there Membership/Crowds increased out there?

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
I ventured out to marong on the weekend and was impressed with damian lock's coaching. It looks like he has developed some talented youngsters this year who are just starting to believe in themselves as senior footballers. Young knackers, frankel and franzini look the goods and hynes is a player you can build a side around. Newbridge on other hand undid all their work from the eeek before to play themselves out of form for finals

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
I ventured out to marong on the weekend and was impressed with damian lock's coaching. It looks like he has developed some talented youngsters this year who are just starting to believe in themselves as senior footballers. Young knackers, frankel and franzini look the goods and hynes is a player you can build a side around. Newbridge on other hand undid all their work from the eeek before to play themselves out of form for finals

Now I'm really annoyed that I wasn't able to get out there knowing that your were there old friend

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hard to believe that Finals will start tomorrow in the LV. Look like two pretty good match ups as well. Newbridge going for 3 in a row over Bridgey no one would have done that for a long time. Bridgeys got a handful back in so will be hard to beat. Sunday Miti and Serp play and they are one win each throughout the year. Harry Maddern potentially the key if he can get his kicking boot on. Tips- I will go for Bridgewater by 14 points and Miti by 16 points. What's everyone else think?

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
LVFL Grand Final Day tomorrow and could be the most exciting one for a while. Margins of 18 13 & 9 in the three games this year shows the teams are close in talent. Bridgey to win by 16 points to bank flag #8 is my tip. What's everyones thoughts?

barfly

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2005
tent
Other Teams
essendon
Having never seen an lvfl grand final I made a 370 klm round trip today and am happy I did.Knowing Bridgewaters recent dominance I wanted to see a Calivil victory so was happy with result.
1st 1/4 Calivil had plenty of it but didnt get the score on board.2nd 1/4 finished with Bridgewater looking the better team and we thought they would go on with it.
After 1/2 time it was all Calivil they looked fitter and faster and really worked for each other.3/4 time it looked to be all Calivil and so it was with them dominating the last 1/4.
Didnt take notice of Bridgewaters best however for Calivil I thought no4s 1st half kept them in it and he continued 2nd 1/2 to be my clear bog.No 5,17 and 53 where also very good.Umpires weren't noticed so must of been good.
A few other observations
where the ground weird shape being near square with very deep pockets
the poor planning re bar and canteen with microwave pies Wtf? and only at the clubroom end why not have a beer tent up other end?
The byo cheapens the day for the punters which is good however allowing people at 1/2 time to have kick to kick whilst holding stubbies and leaving them scattered on the field is ludicrous
felt for Axel no 6 the big fella im told has been a star but he was clearly very injured and was a liability yet he stayed on all game and did not touch it.
Some of the comments directed at him from cowards in the crowd where disgusting with f and c bombs continuing throughout the game.Fair dinkum I was hoping someone would knock the big mouths out as it was pathetic.
Overall a good day with Calivil deserving winners.

Normo3

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Having never seen an lvfl grand final I made a 370 klm round trip today and am happy I did.Knowing Bridgewaters recent dominance I wanted to see a Calivil victory so was happy with result.
1st 1/4 Calivil had plenty of it but didnt get the score on board.2nd 1/4 finished with Bridgewater looking the better team and we thought they would go on with it.
After 1/2 time it was all Calivil they looked fitter and faster and really worked for each other.3/4 time it looked to be all Calivil and so it was with them dominating the last 1/4.
Didnt take notice of Bridgewaters best however for Calivil I thought no4s 1st half kept them in it and he continued 2nd 1/2 to be my clear bog.No 5,17 and 53 where also very good.Umpires weren't noticed so must of been good.
A few other observations
the poor planning re bar and canteen with microwave pies Wtf? and only at the clubroom end why not have a beer tent up other end?
The byo cheapens the day for the punters which is good however allowing people at 1/2 time to have kick to kick whilst holding stubbies and leaving them scattered on the field is ludicrous
felt for Axel no 6 the big fella im told has been a star but he was clearly very injured and was a liability yet he stayed on all game and did not touch it.
Some of the comments directed at him from cowards in the crowd where disgusting with f and c bombs continuing throughout the game.Fair dinkum I was hoping someone would knock the big mouths out as it was pathetic.
well at least this mite give the other clubs a bit more to look forward to next year with bridgy not winning, in saying that calivil have won their fair share aswell..

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
A few other observations
you are spot on Barfly, no one likes to hear abusive language at the footy especially by people who need grog to get a little courage up but as far as old Axel is concerned:if you have been a peanut and a knob for years you are going to cop a pretty fair earful as the chickens come home to roost.

Glacier

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
close
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I ventured out to watch too
Haven't seen a LVFL game all year but like to get to country footy grand finals when I can
The goal out of mid air by Curnow in the last quarter was as good as I've seen
Pity a couple of muppets went the knuckle late and made dicks of themselves
Overall was a good spectacle and having never been to Serpentine before was a nice ground to watch footy at

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
I ventured out to watch too
Haven't seen a LVFL game all year but like to get to country footy grand finals when I can
The goal out of mid air by Curnow in the last quarter was as good as I've seen
Pity a couple of muppets went the knuckle late and made dicks of themselves
Overall was a good spectacle and having never been to Serpentine before was a nice ground to watch footy at

Muppets going the knuckle...who would have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back