Scape Goat Whipping Boy - vacancies available

Who is your choice as our next whipping boy?

• Shane Kersten

• Tommy Sheridan

• Cam McCarthy

• Lee Spurr

• Michael Johnson

• Griffin Logue

• Garrick Ibbotson

• Brad Hill

• Joel Hamling

• Hayden Crozier

• Matthew Taberner

• Cam Sutcliffe

• Other (please specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sutcliffe should definitely be on the poll. I think of the youngsters Hughes and Langdon already have some form with posters on here also.

I think defenders are at a far greater advantage to become whipping boys as their mistakes are generally more directly costly. Perhaps the system should be equalised with handicaps applied?

If Sheridan doesn't win this I'll be shocked! Blamed for losing a prelim like that's the only reason we lost on the day.

Does he have a buddy on here? I'd love to give him some sup[port, I'm a genuine fan of the bloke.

Playing Johnson as ruckmen , is like telling him to retire early. Just do a Geelong last quarter vs north if something go wrong .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheridan. ~60 games, still pretty vanilla. Not an abjectly bad footballer but not good enough to push anyone specific out of midfield or wing spots. If he doesn't improve this year he will probably stray into list clogger territory if he keeps, say, Tucker or Ryan out of the team

Kersten I think will be a brighter burn. But will probably be out of the team quicker IMO.

Feel as though the intensity of whipping that Subes, Pearce and Dawson copped is too big for one mere mortal. Kersto might need to share the flogging with Tabs, Sherro and Sutty.

I feel Cam Sutcliffe is a big omission form the poll Righteo

Sutcliffe should definitely be on the poll. I think of the youngsters Hughes and Langdon already have some form with posters on here also.

I think defenders are at a far greater advantage to become whipping boys as their mistakes are generally more directly costly. Perhaps the system should be equalised with handicaps applied?

Hear, hear, have a look at my track record of buddies all of whom have been whipping boys, (bar blakely and the jury is still out on him) and you'll see I can pick em. So Sutcliffe should definitely be on the list.

How is MJ getting votes here??... He's been a great for this footy club.

View attachment 354571
Same way Ballantyne gets trotted out every year recently.
You're only as good or as popular as your last 12 games, unless you're one of the "untouchables", those players who can stink it up on a regular basis for an entire season and never be called for it.
List of players in the untouchables group (still playing):

Fyfe has an application in, but the paperwork takes some time to process.

Mavis. The boys have been pretty lifeless, so it's obvious that the bag of oranges aren't being cut properly for their quarter time energy boost.

I feel Cam Sutcliffe is a big omission form the poll Righteo

The whole point of this was to look for the WB successor after the old guard (Cam/Subes/Pearce) got the cut. It's kind of predicated on the notion that they're gone for good. The players in the poll are all in the team for this week, + Taberner who I expect to come in soon.

But we can edit it as the year goes on and you can change your vote as many times as you want.

ok, due to popular demand I've included poor old Sutty in the poll :(
Can we have multiple vote. Just not fair that if I vote sutty than sherriden will be let off as he is more Sp#d

Back